MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT
 
Reviews by User
 
"Not bad for a mild cigar."

Review by: ooglek
Review Date: 06/02/2008
Rating: 6.33
Criteria 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Appearance
Construction
Flavor
Value
Overall Experience

Review Notes: I must admit to reading a few reviews of this cigar before writing. I enjoy cigars, but I haven't gotten to the point of wine god yet and I'm not close to cigar god to point out "hints of cedar." This was a mild smoke. I'm a fan of maduros, a bigger cigar, but this came with a group I bought a while back. It's at least a year old, but has been kept in a humidor. The wrapper was still oily so I think it was fine. Cigar cut cleanly, and felt and looked well rolled. The burn wasn't completely even, and did burn out twice, but that could have been my inability to correctly light a cigar, and because I was talking too much and not smoking enough a few times. Or it could have been all Ashton's fault. :-) The first 1/3rd, it was fine, an average smoke. Not great, nothing exciting. The second 1/3rd had a bit more body, some flavors and notes I can't discern (for this or any other cigar), but was better than the first 1/3rd. The last 1/3rd, which some say 'tis better to throw away, was a bit hotter. I've been doing short puffs in succession rather than long draws, and that's helped with the smoke becoming too hot. The first 10% of the last 1/3rd was again unremarkable, and getting too hot, and the other 90% is sitting in my neighbors trash can. Overall? A good mild smoke. I like sticks with more flavor, so my review is biased I suppose, but even if I try to be fair, this was average, maybe a hint above average. I don't remember what I paid, so my price is a guess.

Does this reviewer know this cigar? Yes (0) No (0)



   


Sign Up to our
GET IT NOW!






 

Member Cigar Reviews | Staff Cigar Reviews | Cigar Videos | One on One Interviews | Cigar News | Puffcast | Cigar Forums | Lifestyle | Partners | Contact
© 2015 by Caputo Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Ad Blockers Suck! Why?


Puff.com Daily Digest

Thank you for your interest in the Puff.com Daily Digest. Get notified of all new content on Puff.com in our free Daily Digest. To subscribe, enter your email address below and click the subscribe button.


Email Address:


Email will come from "donotreply@caputomedia.com". Please whitelist this email address.

Cancel and Return to page