Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Birmingham - Magic City Cigars

This is a discussion on Birmingham - Magic City Cigars within the Alabama forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Magic City Cigars Magiccitycigar.com Sponsored by Tobacco Shop of Hoover 1678 Montgomery Hwy Birmingham, AL 35216 Phone: 205.824.1644 http://www.magiccitycigar.com/ Very ...

Newbie in the ocean

Birmingham - Magic City Cigars

Magic City Cigars
    Magiccitycigar.com
    Sponsored by
    Tobacco Shop of Hoover
    1678 Montgomery Hwy
    Birmingham, AL 35216
    Phone: 205.824.1644

http://www.magiccitycigar.com/

Very nice shop. Staff is always friendly.
    Last edited by pnoon; 06-04-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Re: Birmingham - Magic City Cigars

I have been trying to get by this place for quite some time but have never had the time. I was traveling through Bham yesterday and had some time to kill so I decided to stop by. All I can say is it is a very nice shop with a huge selection and the staff was very friendly. Cost me a small fortune but enjoyed the stop and got lots of goodies.

TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD

Puffer Fish with some spikes War Eagle's Avatar

Very nice selection and a helluva lounge. Good folks.
    [SIZE=1]I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon. I have stood in its Alps. I have gazed at its ocean sunset. I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala. And I've been changed forever.
    BUD POLIQUIN
    POST-STANDARD COLUMNIST[/SIZE]

Great shop and friendly service, to be sure, but I find them a tad overpriced. Only times I've ever shopped there is when I'm with a friend, and we want to buy a couple stogies for a specific occasion.

I just moved to the Birmingham area. This is the place my Montgomery B&M recommended. I have to say it looks very classy, maybe too classy. How is the atmosphere in there. Is it a professionals only type place or would a guy in jeans and tee shirt be welcomed as well?
    Cigars are like sex, some are better than others but you make your best effort finish them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipedreamz View Post
    I just moved to the Birmingham area. This is the place my Montgomery B&M recommended. I have to say it looks very classy, maybe too classy. How is the atmosphere in there. Is it a professionals only type place or would a guy in jeans and tee shirt be welcomed as well?
    I walked in wearing fishing shorts and a polo, no questions asked. It's very laid-back. The atmosphere is great, but if you're looking to buy cigars in bulk, or more than a couple cigars, you're better off buying online IMO. It gets expensive quick.