Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Mobile?

This is a discussion on Mobile? within the Alabama forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Anyone know of a cigar bar or other good place to smoke cigars in Mobile?...

smokin' in the ocean teoulennon's Avatar

Mobile?

Anyone know of a cigar bar or other good place to smoke cigars in Mobile?

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

Re: Mobile?

There's two on this list from Mobile... I included them all as I don't know what the suburbs and surrounding towns are... This info is current. Good Luck!

Specialty Cigars & Pipes 305 Adams Avenue Andalusia AL 334-222-9406
    Little Anthony's Cigar Co 114 W. Magnolia Ave Auburn AL 334-826-7054 www.lacigar.com
    Cigars & More 1423 Gadsden Highway Birmingham AL 205-655-4242 Birmingham’s Cigars & More: Local Stores and Online Cigar Shop
    Dee's Fine Cigars 2398 Greenspring Highway Birmingham AL 205-322-3333 Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
    The Tobacco Leaf 253 Country Club Blvd Birmingham AL 205-868-9900
    Humidor Fine Cigars 5630 W. Main Street Dothan AL 334-792-6022
    The Briary 609 Oak Grove Road Homewood AL 205-942-9001 The Briary Pipe and Tobacco Shop - A pipe and tobacco shop selling fine pipes, tobacco, cigars, humidors and other pipe and tobacco accessories
    Tobacco Shop 1676 C Montgomery Highway Hoover AL 205-824-1644
    Humidor Pipe Shop, Inc. 2502 Memorial Parkway SW Huntsville AL 256-539-6431 humidor pipe shop
    LBC, Inc. dba Discount Tobacco Outlet Madison AL 256-771-0917

Cottage Hill Package Store 6376 Cottage Hill Road Mobile AL 251-660-0166
    Tinder Box No. 215 3484 Colonial Mall - Bel Air Mobile AL 251-473-1221 Welcome to The Mobile Tinder Box - Pipes, Pipe Tobacco, Cigars, Smoking Accessories, Unique Gifts and More! - Mobile, Alabama

F & M Tobacconist, Inc. 5349 Young Barn Road Montgomery AL 334-244-0061 www.smokedoc.com
    Prattville Cigar Company, LLC 2086 Highway 14 East Prattville AL 334-365-9181
    The Big Cigar Company dba Downtown Trading Co. Tuscaloosa AL 205-759-3256 www.downtowntradingcompany.com

Good luck!!! Im from Pascagoula (im sure you know where thats at! hahaa) But the only one I know of (near us) is over in Pensacala @ Cordova Cigars on 9th Ave about 2-3 blocks north of the Cordova Mall. Its a fairly new shop and is pretty nice. They have a very well stocked large humidor, private lounge you can reserve. Humidor lockers, and a cigar lounge with TVs, coffee& drinks ,magazines etc.. and an outdoor patio area. I was there a few months ago and am going back the 11th (Jonathan Drew from Drew Estate to be there). A good number of "cool" BOTLs seemed to be there and welcomed me right in to shoot the breeze. Cordova Cigars - Pensacola's Source for Premium Cigars

If you ever head over to New Orleans there is The Cigar Factory. Home
    They roll their own there and can watch them. They have a small seating area, a small "museum" in the back that has cigar memorabilia from WAY back, and a humidor with thier line only. I bought a few and smoked half of one there and headed to Bourbon...Was a decent smoke I saw. Not sure on how they go about smoking a stick not of thiers in the "lounge". At one time I though there was a true cigar bar on Canal st in NO but I didn't see it last time I was there, it was years ago when I 1st saw it.

Is there anywhere else besides Tinderbox that sells cigars in Mobile area worth the drive??

Of course I know where Pascagoula is..it's on the way to Ocean Springs! (where I'm originally from, I just go to school in Mobile) In Mobile the Tinderbox in the mall is really the only decent place to get sticks. Springhill Spirits off of airport blvd & Mcgregor has a walk in humi but it's pretty small and their prices are crazy high. I've been to the Cigar Factory in NO, it's very cool. I bought a 3 pack sampler from them this past December. None were bad, but not outstanding either. They all seemed to have a peculier smell to them when burning (maybe a "green" smell?) Could probably use some aging. I was hoping I'd hear about some kind of cigar lounge in downtown Mobile Cordova sounds nice, I might try and make it over there on the 11th. What about in Pascagoula..any place there worth driving to? Also, how are the prices at Cordova?
    Last edited by teoulennon; 07-03-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Cordova's prices are pretty fair as far as I know... I haven't been since the S-chip hit so im not sure it affected them. The cigar factory only ages their sticks about 3months I believe the guy said. I got a handful of two types aging in mine. The taste was like you said, not bad but not great.
    I went to Springhill Spirits last year on new years and bought a bottle and walked right past the humi and never even realized it until u mentioned it! Yeh, the bottle was high so I figure the sticks are also.
    Pascagoula has nothing as far as Cigars. there is a "Smokeys Discount Tabbaco" on hwy 90 a little past the hospital. They have 2 small table top humis with a few decent ones in them. BUT i dont think they charge the humidifications up too often. I purchased my first dried out smoke there and havent been back. In Gautier is the same chain of stores with a diff vendor. They have a small (2X8') humi, fair prices on what they do stock and usually buy 3 get one free.

There is a Hookah bar/resturant off Airport called The Purple Cafe..... Its a Lebonese type resturant. They have belly dancing there on occasion and a Hookah smoking rooms off to the side. I never tried that(Hookah) but not sure if theyd go for the cigars in there. Could always try/ask.
    I think a cigar bar/lounge could do well if managed correctly in Mobile area. Not sure on the indoor smoking ordinances there might be in that area tho to prohibit sucj fun.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

I've been to the Tinderbox in the mall in Mobile... It is small, but not to shabby. The guy that worked there was helpful.

If you don't mind another 30 min. drive,Try Our Cigar Bar @ The Wharf in Orange Beach was a pretty cool place. It's a bar too, so you can have a couple of drinks on the back dock while you enjoy your stick. The selection is O.K., & the humi isn't a bad size, prices were about $2 a stick higher than what I pay usally. Service & local BOTL were cool. Lots of restaurants, shopping, & a big movie theatre, all in one place.

Click here for web page. OCB

Here's a few pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mobile?-ocb-lounge.jpg   Mobile?-ocb-humi.jpg   Mobile?-ocb-dock.jpg  

AAAAhh yes! The Warf is a nice place. I went there one time in may to see a 311 concert and had litterally the BEST time in my life. I knew very little of shops, so we got there shortly before the show. Had I known this was there I would have gone early for sure to try this place out. I don't mind paying for "atmosphere". Thanks for the info Jason!

nice! thanks for the info Jason, I had no idea there was a place at the Wharf

Newbie in the ocean

The Admiral Semmes hotel lounge on Joachim and Government is cigar friendly.
    Tony is the barkeep that is there most nights.
    He usually has Port wine, and several decent cognacs and scotches.
    There is a gift shop with a few cigar selections, but one should bring their own.
    The room has only tables with leather cushioned rolling chairs and no couches. It's not too uncomfortable to sit for 2 hours.
    It is also a decent sized space with high ceilings so the smoke will not linger around your head the whole time.

John, Check this out. A Mobile Based cigar club that hangs out. Me and my friends are talking it over and are gonna try and meet up with them one day.
    http://kmacigarclub.com/

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Another place to pick up sticks is Cottage Hill Package at the corner of Cottage Hill and Hillcrest. Prices are ok but not great. Pretty much the same selection as Springhill. Mad Dog's on Cottage Hill near the Food World has a little humidor but one thing I go there for is Cuban Rejects. Cheap cigar that isn't too bad.
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Newbie in the ocean

There is indeed a place to smoke cigars downtown. I can't remember the name exactly but we had an AAMC meeting there earlier this year. It is near the admiral hotel. It was also an old hotel it is several stories tall. They have a room in the back which is labeled cigar lounge or something to that effect.

Newbie in the ocean

Thumbs up Re: Mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by owaindav View Post
    Another place to pick up sticks is Cottage Hill Package at the corner of Cottage Hill and Hillcrest. Prices are ok but not great. Pretty much the same selection as Springhill. Mad Dog's on Cottage Hill near the Food World has a little humidor but one thing I go there for is Cuban Rejects. Cheap cigar that isn't too bad.
    I'm gonna have to chime in on this one. It is a great family owned place and the owners happen to love cigars and are happy to share knowlege...
    It's become a favorite over the years and I appreciate the service. Sure, the prices are not the cheapest in town, but some things are even better.

They encourage sampling of their draughts and are willing to give insight to new cigars and drink.