Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Peoria - Shades of Havana

This is a discussion on Peoria - Shades of Havana within the Arizona forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Shades of Havana 16610 N. 75th Ave Peoria, AZ 85381 (623) 486-1517 Hours: 11am to 8pm; Closed Sundays. Website: www.shadesofhavana.com ...

5 Rings and Counting hornitosmonster's Avatar

Peoria - Shades of Havana

Shades of Havana
    16610 N. 75th Ave
    Peoria, AZ 85381
    (623) 486-1517

Hours:
    11am to 8pm; Closed Sundays.

www.shadesofhavana.com

Map:

Google Map

Setting:
    Nice cigar shop located near the Peoria Sports Complex (spring training for Padres & Mariners) and Arrowhead Shopping district. It has a decent sized walk-in Humidor with a good selection. Prices were standard for the Arizona area. They have a nice smoking lounge so you can enjoy your smokes at the store. I would definitely recommend it if you are in the area. Enjoy!

Re: Peoria - Shades of Havana

Wow, this is right down the road from me and I've never seen it! I will be sure to drop by now that it's starting to get too hot to smoke outside!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Shades is a fantastic place to shop and smoke. Great folks hang out there, and great folks own and run the place. Nice selection an dcompetitive prices.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

+1 on Shades of Havana. Great store and friendly owner.

This store is now Ambassador Cigars. I drove by the other day and noticed the name change, but I haven't been in.

website

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

This is too bad. Not that Ambassador Cigars is bad - I don't know about that. But I'm really sorry that Eric couldn't come to workable lease terms with the new owner of the building. I didn't go in there nearly often enough, but I sure enjoyed Eric's knowledge and recommendations when I did drop in. We were kind of kindred hearts in some ways - we both are partial to lanceros. He was getting me hooked on Brazilian maduro wrappers.

In fact, just this past Saturday, I smoked a PDR 1878 Capa Madura lancero Eric sold me last July. It was amazing.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

I hit up Shades for a Cain event and Eric and his wife were great hosts.

Ambassador is okay but their staff at their main location (tatum and shea) can be a bit pretentious. There is a guy that always wears a suit there which is a bit much for a place selling old leaves IMO. Maybe that is needed in the area of Phoenix where everyone claims to be from Scottsdale.

IME, they are typically more expensive than Cigar King or Churchills but have an incredible selection at the main store. They are a Viaje dealer, sell nearly every Illusione and Tatuaje, every Padron and Fuente you could want, are a Davidoff dealer if you are in to that, and have anything else you could want. Probably largest customer facing humidor in town (Cigar King has a bigger warehouse but not bigger walk-in meant for customers).