Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Phoenix - Magnums

This is a discussion on Phoenix - Magnums within the Arizona forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Magnum's Cigar Wine and Spirits 731 E Union Hills Drive Suite B10 Phoenix, AZ 85024 602-493-8977 Store Hours Monday - ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes screwbag's Avatar

Phoenix - Magnums

Magnum's Cigar Wine and Spirits
    731 E Union Hills Drive Suite B10
    Phoenix, AZ 85024

602-493-8977

Store Hours
    Monday - Thursday
    10am to 10pm
    Friday and Saturday
    10am to 1am
    Sunday
    10am to 6pm

http://www.magnumcigarwineliquor.com/

A nice Place, with a descent selection of smokes. and a Great selection of alcoholic beverages...from the mild to the exotic. More of a liquor Store than a cigar store. The prices tend to be a bit high. The lounge is available for a full bar, but be prepared for corkage fees, and for someone else to try to cut and toast your cigar for you. Overall I guess this is a average cigar shop, but if you gotta have something exotic to drink...their selection of alcohol is Fabulous.
    [SIZE=4]Smoke Well![/SIZE]

Re: Phoenix - Magnums

Fantastic shop and selection of top notch cigars and spirits. Prices are above average, but they do not stock low end stuff either. Worth every penny. Appears a large amount of money was spent to build out a bar/smoking room next to the main store. If you have not been there in the last year then you are missing one of the best lounges in Phoenix.

No longer a community member.

that is a cig for less store in the frys shopping center right?

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_mike View Post
    that is a cig for less store in the frys shopping center right?
    No.

Years ago it was a cig for less type store called Ray's Smokes. The current owner bought out Ray's. It is located on the east corner of shopping center with a Bashas.

About 3 years ago the owner aquired the storefront next to Ray's, knocked down adjoining inner wall, gutted the place, rebuilt from the ground up and created Magnum's. It was a 50/50 split between liquor/beer and cigars. In the past year the owner aquired another store front next to Magnum's, gutted and rebuilt that space into a very nice cigar bar/lounge. Check the website and you will see it is far cry from a strip mall discount cigarette store.

No longer a community member.

that's right bashas.

looks great I'll have to stop by if I go in October .

Good business to support too. Recently, won an appeal to allow adult beverages while you smoke. Nice to see the individual business owner making a stand.

Young Puffer Fish

has anyone been here recently? since it's a bar (and overpriced per the comments above) do you have to buy the cigar from them or is it ok to bring your own? i'm all about supporting the local B&M and in this case i'd be paying for drinks. not sure if that makes it ok or not so i figured i'd run it by everyone here first. thanks!

edit: forgot to mention that i've been going here for a while and have purchased my fair share of sticks from them over the years and also every time i go i bring a group of people with me.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish joshbhs04's Avatar

I was there while in town a few weekends ago. A nice place and I purchased my smoke there. They have over 600 beers and lots of other goodies to drink as well. I cannot recall if they have a cut fee or not though.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by joshbhs04 View Post
    I was there while in town a few weekends ago. A nice place and I purchased my smoke there. They have over 600 beers and lots of other goodies to drink as well. I cannot recall if they have a cut fee or not though.
    i've never been charged a cut fee but sometimes you can pay for your cigar at the bar and have everything on one tab which is nice. other times they want you to pay for the cigar first and then go to the bar for whatever else.