Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just started reading the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Tearing through the first book like crazy and I should ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Just started reading the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Tearing through the first book like crazy and I should be on to the second one by tuesday.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Continuity and Discontinuity: Perspectives on the relationship between the Old and New Testaments. Essays written in honor of S. Lewis Johnson Jr.

Wink Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    Just started reading the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Tearing through the first book like crazy and I should be on to the second one by tuesday.

send me some smokes and I wont tell you how it ends in 7

Home Brewin' Herfer doomXsaloon's Avatar

Just finished The Cigar, by Barnaby Conrad. I read it over the course of two nights, out in the screen porch while smoking a 5 Vegas Maduro Gold (trying to...over-humidified from cigar.com!)
    But the book was a well-written, informative journey through the history of the cigar, includingb the role in art and Literature. I highly recommend it! B&N even has it on closeout for $1.99 hardcover!!

BARNES & NOBLE | The Cigar: An Illustrated History of Fine Smoking by Barnaby Conrad | Hardcover
    "Any cigar smoker is a friend, because I know how he feels." --Alfred de Musset

Charles Maclean: Great Whiskies and Steve Luck: The Complete Guide to Cigars.
    It's been a while since I've read any fiction, the last one I think was Starmaker by Olaf Stapledon.

Puffer Fish with some spikes craig_o's Avatar

I've finally gotten into Anne Rice. Interview With a Vampire was pretty good, but The Vampire Lestat is more entertaining.

The Hunger Games Trilogy! Yeah, I did! Over the course of about two weeks...my students totally got me psyched for it! And, yes it was entertaining and interesting!

LOB Mother of Staxed priorwomanmarine's Avatar

Not a Fan by Kylie Idleman

Puffer Fish with some spikes Old Salty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doomXsaloon View Post
    The Hunger Games Trilogy! Yeah, I did! Over the course of about two weeks...my students totally got me psyched for it! And, yes it was entertaining and interesting!
    I thought about reading that, but opted for World War Z instead. Not a big fan of fiction, and this book is really no different. Written in almost an interview style, at least what I read of it. I have since gotten sidetracked into reading The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough for the millionth time.

ZK Master of Shenanigans kozzman555's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Salty View Post
    I thought about reading that, but opted for World War Z instead. Not a big fan of fiction, and this book is really no different. Written in almost an interview style, at least what I read of it. I have since gotten sidetracked into reading The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough for the millionth time.
    I love WWZ. It's a great book. Last one I read was 20,000 league's under the sea. I read the abridged version when I was a kid. This was my first time reading the whole thing.
    "Your Grandmother was a whore" - Ron Stacy

Puffer Fish with some spikes Old Salty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
    I love WWZ. It's a great book. Last one I read was 20,000 league's under the sea. I read the abridged version when I was a kid. This was my first time reading the whole thing.
    Is the whole thing written in that *interview* style?

....and Saving Daylight, a book of poems by my fave writer Jim Harrison.

On to Nightwoods, by Charles Frazier.

Game of Thrones - the entire series in a kindle.

Being a Kindle, all I can tell you is that I'm 25% through it. Somewhere in the second book.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by craig_o View Post
    I've finally gotten into Anne Rice. Interview With a Vampire was pretty good, but The Vampire Lestat is more entertaining.
    I've read most of her work and really enjoyed most of them. My favorite was The Vampire Armand. I just finished Dreadnaught by Cherie Priest. It was a fun read, a steampunk novel with zombies. Hard to go wrong. I started Bernard Cornwell's latest Saxon novel. It's an amazing series about England during Alfred The Great's reign. Well researched and great characters.

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast