Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Destruction of Sun-Grazing Comet C/2011 N3 (SOHO) Within the Low Solar Corona

It's a work-night for reading...cool article though.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

It was high time I read some Philip K. Dick again; I started with The Penultimate Truth and am now reading Now Wait For Last Year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedZeppelin View Post
    I have a huge list of books I want to read. I have several books on my Kindle that I haven't read yet. And what have I started reading? The Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time. I couldn't help it; I just got the urge.

The road goes ever on and on...
    LOL This happens to me too. I just read The Silmarillian, Unfinished Tales and Children of Hurin...again.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

Home Brewin' Herfer doomXsaloon's Avatar

Just finished Nightwoods, by charles frazier. Hermit spinster; deranged but loveable children; murderous outlaw; North Carolina mountain folk...

Need I say more?
    "Any cigar smoker is a friend, because I know how he feels." --Alfred de Musset

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelMorris View Post
    LOL This happens to me too. I just read The Silmarillian, Unfinished Tales and Children of Hurin...again.
    How did you like Children of Hurin? I quite liked it. Easier read than Silmarillian and quick, not that the longer stuff is bad. Need to read some Tom Bombadil soon.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    How did you like Children of Hurin? I quite liked it. Easier read than Silmarillian and quick, not that the longer stuff is bad. Need to read some Tom Bombadil soon.
    I really enjoyed it. A bit dark though.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

It's So Easy -Duff McKagan

Third GN'R book I've read. Tore through Slash a couple years ago, and Reckless Road in only a matter of days last month.
    Editing and deleting are two different things. You edit a whole by deleting a part; you cannot edit a part by deleting it. Webster can clear this up for you.

just read Heroes by Joe Abercrombie. good read. cant wait for a Red Country, his upcoming standalone. Read the 1st 6 chapters of Alloy of Law by Brandon sanderson, a new mistborn book, its looking pretty good. I will finish the WOT series but it seems like a long wait for dress descriptions and spankings.... started reading Prince of Nothing by R Scott Bakker last week but it hasnt pulled me in yet, i may not finish a book for the first time ever.
    Last edited by BurnOne; 03-06-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: I dnot tyep goo d

I started in on Heinlein's The Number of the Beast to see if age had improved it. It hasn't. I think I'll give up and switch to Friday...

Puffer Fish with some spikes mikel1128's Avatar

Working on the Game of Thrones series.
    Life is to short for hot beer.

Puffer Fish with many spikes jeepman_su's Avatar

Working on three books, I really need to stop starting new ones and just finish the other lol......Slaughter House 5 - Kurt Vonnegut, American Psycho - Brett Easton Ellis, and Slash (The Slash Autobiography). I also have Rules of Attraction - Brett Easton Ellis sitting there toying with me to read as well lol. I just don't have enough time to read.

"If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go." -- Mark Twain

Home Brewin' Herfer doomXsaloon's Avatar

The Rum Diary, HST
    "Any cigar smoker is a friend, because I know how he feels." --Alfred de Musset

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

Cadillac Desert - The American West and Its Disappearing Water by Marc Reisner. A really well written, older book on the corruption that took/takes place. Think of the movie "Chinatown".

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Started the Fire/Ice, Game of Thrones, series about two and a half weeks ago. About to finished the 4th book.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast