Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Bermac The Dresden Files books were great. I really liked the balance between the Magic and the ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Quote Originally Posted by Bermac View Post
    The Dresden Files books were great. I really liked the balance between the Magic and the Detective in the early books, then it moved more to the magic.

The Mistborn series is one of my favorites. The Alloy of Law is more like a stand alone in the same world. Brandon Sanderson also has Elantris and Warbreaker. Two stand alone books that were really well done. You can get Warbreaker for fee on his website.
    Yep, I wrote wrong. Finished up the Mistborn two weeks ago and have Alloy of Law I just finished this weekend. I found it interesting that Sazed kept Marsh alive. Also like how it's a pseudo western. The book gives the impression it will continue so looking forward to the next.

Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    Yep, I wrote wrong. Finished up the Mistborn two weeks ago and have Alloy of Law I just finished this weekend. I found it interesting that Sazed kept Marsh alive. Also like how it's a pseudo western. The book gives the impression it will continue so looking forward to the next.
    I thought that was weird too. Maybe becoming a God changes how you see things. I think the western style is great. I would like to read more about the Roughs, I always liked the classic good vs evil, Lawman vs criminal stories.

End Spoilers

Young Puffer Fish

Cosmic Code by Zechariah Sitchin

No longer a community member.

Robin Hobb's Royal Assassin Trilogy

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King yesterday. Now I am a pretty damn big Stephen King fan, I own about 80% of the books he has written, and I feel pretty confident in saying I think this was one of if not the most compelling story he has written in the last 10 years.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Just finished (5 min ago) Dark Star Safari- Paul Theroux. Great read! Starting The Torturer's Apprentice- John Biguenet
    "I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em." RON WHITE

I just started the Halo books last night, working on the second one at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beebo View Post
    I just started the Halo books last night, working on the second one at the moment.
    I've read a few of those. I like the first one the best.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

I read this book also. I could not put it down. I have read a number of King books but this one sucked me in from the start. Don't let the length scare you. This is a terriffic book!!

Just finished The Lies Of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. pretty good book kind of a heist story in a fantasy setting.
    reading Brandon Sandersons The Way Of Kings now. I like just about everything he has written.
    Lifes not a B!tch. Lifes a beautiful woman.
    you only call her a b!tch because she won't let you get that pu$$y.

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

Started to read some books by Tony Hillerman, a series with a Navajo policeman as the central figure. Very easy reading.

Puffer Fish with many spikes lebz's Avatar

Working through scartissue... The Anthony Ks book from the chilli peppers.
    Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. ~ Mark Twain

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hopperb's Avatar

Just about to start my Cross to Bear by Greg Allman

Puffer Fish with some spikes mikel1128's Avatar

I just finished the new Chris Jericho book, Undisputed " How to Become World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps.
    Life is to short for hot beer.

Salt: A World History- Very interesting...
    "I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em." RON WHITE

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast