Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I started Cherry Bomb by JA Konrath yesterday and am about 30% done with it so far....

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

I started Cherry Bomb by JA Konrath yesterday and am about 30% done with it so far.

I finished Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler. A really nice smoking and reading book, not too hard on the brain but you do have to keep a lot of names and places in check. In general all of his books are good smoke reads. I'm going to try and start reading Micheal Crichtons Airframe again

Full grown Puffer Fish abgoosht's Avatar

About a 3rd into "War by Candlelight" by Daniel Alarcon. It's a little dark and vague, but I'm enjoying it. I think he's a gifted young writer.
    [SIZE=4]WTT/WTB - A. Fuente Love Story
    [/SIZE]

Puffer Fish with some spikes contract's Avatar

Finished "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.

Just started "The Wealth of Nations" This is going to be a hard read.

Just starting "Scientist as Rebel" by Freeman Dyson. Judging by the preface, it should be pretty good.

Finished Airframe. For the next week I will be focusing on reading my textbooks in preparation for mid terms before spring break.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish youngstogiesmoker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyStogie View Post
    Just got done with Q&A by Vikas Swarup (the book that Slumdog Millionaire was based on). As much as I loved the movie, the book just blows the movie away. Almost a completely different read.
    -SS
    Agreed, completely different and extremely enjoyable.

Right now I'm reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Even though I personally don't think that his books are that great, I continue to read them.

I just finished with Jeff Shaara's WWII Trilogy and loved all three, Rising Tide, The Steel Wave, No Less Than Victory.

However if anyone likes history books, especially about the frontier, and even more especially towards people from chicago, down the mississppi and then east to the ohio river...Read the Winning of America series by Allan Eckert.

and the two greatest books I've ever read....

That Dark and Bloody River by Allan Eckert
    --most gruesome stories ever told in a book, it will amaze you the things that happened that helped us win our country.

The Princess Bride by William Goldman
    --simply put, the best book I've ever read, and I know it doesnt sound manly but i would bet that if you read it, you'd love it too

Full grown Puffer Fish abgoosht's Avatar

just finished the little prince. if anyone here has ever read "The missing piece meets the big O" by shel silversteinn, well this is that.... ON CRACK! Oh so good....
    [SIZE=4]WTT/WTB - A. Fuente Love Story
    [/SIZE]

Young Puffer Fish Unoriginal Username's Avatar

I'm a big Rollin's fan. I have not read the Solipsis in a few years.

I am currently reading Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. I am really getting into his style of writing.

Art of War by Sun-tzu

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaydub13's Avatar

The Stranger - Albert Camus

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Kevin Keith's Avatar

Still reading Churchill's History of the English Speaking Peoples. I got it last week and love it!

Just finished: Ghost Soldiers The Forgotten Epic Story Of WWII's Most Dramatic Mission by Hampton Sides

Starting: The Bedford Boys by Alex Kershaw.

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

Nearly through with Gingritch/Forstchen To Try Men's Souls. It's been a very uplifting read and I hope they make a movie of it. I think an honest depiction of the travails faced and overcome by Gen. Washington and the Continental Army leading up to and including the battle for Trenton in Dec. of 1776 might just give Americans a reminder of what we're capable of, something to cheer for and feel good about. I recommend the book, I encourage the philosophy!

There are no sane human beings

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal Username View Post
    I am currently reading Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. I am really getting into his style of writing.
    I love Vonnegut.

I need to pick up another Cormac McCarthy. I have No Country for Old Men and another one of his books laying around. He's easily my favorite writer these days. I've been on the mystery kick lately and need to get back into real literature.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast