Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just finished "The Picture of Dorian Gray". Pretty good read, but talk about an abrupt ending... Working on this one ...

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Just finished "The Picture of Dorian Gray". Pretty good read, but talk about an abrupt ending... Working on this one now.

So far so good! Then again, it's Clive Cussler, my favorite modern day author.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Quote Originally Posted by A144 View Post
    The Gunslinger. First book in King's The Dark Tower series. I've never been really interested in King's books, but I started this based on some recommendation from here and a couple friend. So far I'm really enjoying it and would recommend it.
    Ive heard a TON of good things about that series, probably on my top 5 of next things to pick up. Let me know if you continue to enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by jminsi View Post
    About 1/3 of the way through the first book now and I'm really enjoying it. The only problem I have is keeping up with all the characters. I'm glad he has an appendix at the back describing who everyone is.
    The good news is, you don't get a whole lot of "new" characters after the first book. Its a lot to keep track of at first but after the first book it gets a lot easier for you to track everyone's story lines straight. Keep me posted on how you are liking the books.

No longer a community member.

Now starting on Warhammer Path of the *******, the end of the trilogy.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Charles D View Post
    The good news is, you don't get a whole lot of "new" characters after the first book. Its a lot to keep track of at first but after the first book it gets a lot easier for you to track everyone's story lines straight. Keep me posted on how you are liking the books.
    I really enjoyed the first book. I know all of the main characters (the ones with their own chapters) but a lot of the other ones I have trouble keeping straight. I'm currently watching season 1 of the tv show on netflix. Will start book 2 in a few weeks maybe.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Charles D View Post
    Ive heard a TON of good things about that series, probably on my top 5 of next things to pick up. Let me know if you continue to enjoy it!
    The Dark Tower series is great, although I thought The Gunslinger was a bit weak and not very interesting. Books 2-4 are great though so if you read book 1 and don't like it too much, maybe give book 2 a try before giving up.

I am currently reading "Everyone Loves You When You're Dead" by Neil Strauss. A well edited compilation of interviews with famous people. A pretty good read.

Chew #22
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Puffer Fish with some spikes Fraze's Avatar

Just finished It, moving on to a re-read of The Hobbit.

Dark Tower series is amazing.

No longer a community member.

Timothy Zahn's newest Star Wars book.

Just stated Cilve Barkers "The Great and Secret Show".
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

I finished off the first 102 Walking Dead comics and started one called Ex-Heros. Its pretty cool, superheros and zombies. I think I am going to have to shift gears and read a biography or two to clear my head. Any suggestions?

Elder Puffer Fish Leader max gas's Avatar

Just getting close to finishing a book called American Sniper. It's the autobiography of the sniper with the most confirmed kills in US history.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish raycarlo's Avatar

On the last book of the Girl with the Dragon tattoo trilogy.

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast