Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just finished "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand, it's about Louis Zamperini and a few other folks during WWII and their incredibly ...

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Just finished "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand, it's about Louis Zamperini and a few other folks during WWII and their incredibly intense story of survival during it in Japanese POW camp... crazy stuff and highly recommended to anybody.
    Last edited by android; 10-09-2012 at 05:12 PM.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by android View Post
    Just finished "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand, it's about Louis Zamperini and a few other folks during WWII and their incredibly intense story of survival during it in Japanese POW camp... crazy stuff and highly recommended to anybody.
    That's a great read. If you liked it, look up "Devil at my heels", which is his own telling. Some extra details, etc. Heard it's better, but haven't read it yet myself. It's on my list though!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Dark Tower series here, finished 1 through 4 now just started Wolves of the Calla yesterday. So far not a bad series to read. King connects the wasteland in this series to several other characters of his novels lots of familiar names and people show up here and there.
    Good Karma
    Tal~
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Young Fish

Just finished Ringworld by Larry Niven. Captains Courageous is next up.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Fraze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Talon View Post
    Dark Tower series here, finished 1 through 4 now just started Wolves of the Calla yesterday. So far not a bad series to read. King connects the wasteland in this series to several other characters of his novels lots of familiar names and people show up here and there.
    Good Karma
    Tal~
    After I read the Dark Tower I went and read all the SK books I hadn't read that had characters that were intertwined. The Stand being the main one right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraze View Post
    After I read the Dark Tower I went and read all the SK books I hadn't read that had characters that were intertwined. The Stand being the main one right after.
    They've been like an Easter Egg Hunt for me as I read this series, finding these references has become a challenge for me.

Father Callahan (Salems Lot) has just showed up in the Wolves of the Calla... Randal Flagg (Stand and Eyes of the Dragon),Mother Abigal,Capt Trips (The Stand) have mentions so far in what I've read in volumes 1/ 2 /3 /4 Tick Tock man use the phrase "My life for you" KIng has even inserted his name in this Novel in Jake and Eddies dream to 1977..Plus The Shining was mentioned in one of the books.

Sheemie in Wizards Glass reminds me of the guy who spells "MOON" for everthing in The Stand. In the Talisman Jack goes in and out of the wasteland.

Good Karma
    Tal~

Puffer Fish with some spikes Fraze's Avatar

The Talisman is a must read before/after reading the dark tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraze View Post
    The Talisman is a must read before/after reading the dark tower.
    Spot on Warren... The Talisman was the first King novel I ever read.

Good Karma
    Tal~

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Wow, cigars and books....JACKPOT !!!! I just finished what is probably my favorite comedy of all time, "A Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole. Absolutely hysterical, Don Quiote inspired, A must read for everyone !!!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Just finished reading the NLT Bible. Now I fam reading a copy of the Apocrypha and the Book of Enoch, which I find very interesting.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Now reading "A Clash of Kings" by George R.R. Martin.

'The God delusion' by Richard Dawkins. A scientific look at religion and the history and belief of God.

I found it interesting.

Just starting CSLewis The Screwtape Letters..
    Good Karma
    Tal~

Jerry Pournelle's West of Honor.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast