Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My wife got me pride and prejudice and zombies and Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter for Christmas. So will be reading ...

Alpha Puffer Fish

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

My wife got me pride and prejudice and zombies and Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter for Christmas. So will be reading one of those today.
    Join the CRA: defend your cigar freedom!!
    Check out my Cigar Review podcast in its Audio format: http://calypsocigar.podomatic.com

Maturing Puffer Fish

In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larsen

Quote Originally Posted by meatcake View Post
    My wife got me pride and prejudice and zombies and Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter for Christmas. So will be reading one of those today.
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was surprisingly good.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

WAMBAM's Quiet Killer joshuarodger's Avatar

Almost finished with Band of Brothers. If you liked the HBO series, you'll like the book.

Finishing The Technologists by Mathew Pearl.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

Maturing Puffer Fish Maverick7232's Avatar

61 Hours, a Jack Reacher novel

I still can't believe they think Tom Cruise can play this guy.....

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7232 View Post
    61 Hours, a Jack Reacher novel

I still can't believe they think Tom Cruise can play this guy.....
    I'm a big fan of the books and was really upset when they announced he'd be playing Reacher but the movie ended up still being pretty good.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jminsi View Post
    I'm a big fan of the books and was really upset when they announced he'd be playing Reacher but the movie ended up still being pretty good.
    This. I was appalled at the thought of Cruise playing Jack, but it was well done!

As for current reads, I just finished the newest Dresden Files book, and now I've started reading the English translations of Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole series after having read and loved The Snowman.

If only there was a new Matthew Scudder book, or better yet: a new Hap & Leanard book.

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

Just got The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice huge fan of her other works so i hope it just as good

Maturing Puffer Fish Maverick7232's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jminsi View Post
    I guess I'm going to just have to see it. I just don't know if I can get the fact that his is like 5'6" and not 6'2" I can see Tom playing more of a Mitch Rapp type character.

I picked up Asimov's Foundation out of boredom to kill a few minutes the other day, and now find myself part way through Second Foundation. For some reason, I never think of Asimov as a great writer, but while I'm reading one of his books, he's the best.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I picked up Asimov's Foundation out of boredom to kill a few minutes the other day, and now find myself part way through Second Foundation. For some reason, I never think of Asimov as a great writer, but while I'm reading one of his books, he's the best.
    Have these cued up in my Kindle for a re-read. I agree on the assessment. Andre Norton fits in there too.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Foundation? Jeez, that's a heavy read. Just for that it's "Atomic Robo and the Shadow from Beyond Time"
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGoogler View Post
    This. I was appalled at the thought of Cruise playing Jack, but it was well done!

As for current reads, I just finished the newest Dresden Files book, and now I've started reading the English translations of Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole series after having read and loved The Snowman.

If only there was a new Matthew Scudder book, or better yet: a new Hap & Leanard book.
    I picked up the Redbreast because it was on Kindle Daily Deals for like 4 bucks, it's next on my list.
    Love free stuff? Love Pipe tobacco? Do I have the thread for you! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...al-thread.html

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

Working on Ambitious Brew: The Story of American Beer.
    kozzman555 says: guys, i have a shopping cart with a dildo in it. i need an address

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast