Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Maverick7232 I guess I'm going to just have to see it. I just don't know if I ...

Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7232 View Post
    I guess I'm going to just have to see it. I just don't know if I can get the fact that his is like 5'6" and not 6'2" I can see Tom playing more of a Mitch Rapp type character.
    Exactly. Let that part go and just go see it. He does a pretty good job of getting Reacher. Actually, my main beef now is that they didn't choose a younger actor because I'd like to see this become a franchise.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jobes2007 View Post
    I picked up the Redbreast because it was on Kindle Daily Deals for like 4 bucks, it's next on my list.
    I'm about 100 pages into Redbreast right now. I won't say more, of course, but I'm interested to hear what you think once you've read it.

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGoogler View Post
    I'm about 100 pages into Redbreast right now. I won't say more, of course, but I'm interested to hear what you think once you've read it.
    I'll be sure to post back here. I've got about 500 more pages in the book I'm reading now though, so it may take me a bit!
    Love free stuff? Love Pipe tobacco? Do I have the thread for you! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...al-thread.html

Christmas present of ten books by Stuart Woods. All fiction save one that appears to be a memoir.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Reading a book written by Sheila Blair about the role of the FDIC during the 08-09 financial crisis. Dense but at least I am learning something about what really happened. My work is not in the economy field so I am a neofite.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by orion1 View Post
    Reading a book written by Sheila Blair about the role of the FDIC during the 08-09 financial crisis. Dense but at least I am learning something about what really happened. My work is not in the economy field so I am a neofite.
    Keep in mind that you are only getting a single perspective on the FDIC's role from the person who was in charge then. Great book, by the way. It can get a little heady (Even for this Finance/Econ major), but a great study on the nuances related to the crisis that were almost entirely ignored by the media and public discussion.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Started "Crime and Punishment" and "Killing Lincoln" this weekend. C&P is a pretty tough read so far. They sure did talk differently back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Have these cued up in my Kindle for a re-read. I agree on the assessment. Andre Norton fits in there too.
    You know, I've never read anything by Norton. I think the sight of all those titles on the shelf just scares me away. I'm going to have to try one some day. I know I have a few around; you can't find a large batch of SF books that doesn't have a Norton or two in it...
    ********.com

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

I am on a zombie jones because the rest of life is way too serious at the moment. Shattered Hourglass by JL Bourne is my current read.
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

Full grown Puffer Fish Mason16Filz's Avatar

Favorite book and last read is The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
    #KL2154

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Just read a found at a yard sale paperback.. A Phillip Jose Farmer science fantasy "Dark Is The Sun". A very good read if you like Science Fantasy
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

I'm struggling through Robert McCammons "The Five". It's a frustrating read, because when he wants to be he is amazing. I just feel this one is kind of forced regarding the plot, symbolism, etc. It feels heavyhanded.
    "I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish OldSkoolTarHeel's Avatar

I'm currently about a quarter of the way through Night Fall by Nelson Demille. It's the third in his John Corey series, and second I've read.

I always scoffed at picking up one of his novels because they just look so damn big, but I enjoyed The Lion's Game after picking it up from a suggestion by my mother.
    “I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves” ~Jack Handey

Currently reading Where Eagles Dare - Alistair MacLean. Great book, great movie

Cheers-

Dazz
    Tobacco is a dirty weed. I like it.

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

Iyanla Vanzandt's words of wisdom (various publications)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast