Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Decided to scratch one off the bucket list: War and Peace. Just past half way...good thing it's on Kindle. Just ...

Maturing Puffer Fish Phreebooter's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Decided to scratch one off the bucket list: War and Peace. Just past half way...good thing it's on Kindle. Just works better for me not to see the size of this book if it were paper. I might get discouraged and quit. Not bad really, just looooooooooooooong.

I'm about halfway through Strangers by Dean Koontz right now.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish OldSkoolTarHeel's Avatar

I just finished The Lion by Nelson Demille. This is the fourth, I think, book in his John Corey story line. I also just finished the first 3. There's something about these books that once I start I can't put them down. It's a little sad that there's only one left in the series. I should be starting that one pretty soon though.
    “I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves” ~Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by CraigCorb View Post
    I'm about halfway through Strangers by Dean Koontz right now.
    Excellent book! When you finish that one you will say damn, he can write and then you'll read some of his current work and wonder what happened to that guy.

I'm reading The Sentry by Robert Crais.
    "I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan

I just finished the last book of the Wheel of time series and started the latest in the Dresden files series.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Alpedhuez55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    I'm reading The Sentry by Robert Crais.
    Al the Elvis Cole / Joe Pike books are great reads. His latest book, the Stand-alone calle Suspect is a great read as well.

I am reading the latest Jesse Stone book Fool Me Twice. Michael Brandman took over for the late Robert B. Parker. It is good, but you can tell the characters have changed. MB wrote some of the movies. Jesse is a different character. He talks more (Not as many one word answers) and seems to have picked up more of a vocabulary. Molly and Suit also feel different, especially Molly. His books are ok. I think Ace Atkins did a better job with his Spenser book though. I am looking forward to the next one this spring.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Alpedhuez55 View Post
    Al the Elvis Cole / Joe Pike books are great reads. His latest book, the Stand-alone calle Suspect is a great read as well.

I am reading the latest Jesse Stone book Fool Me Twice. Michael Brandman took over for the late Robert B. Parker. It is good, but you can tell the characters have changed. MB wrote some of the movies. Jesse is a different character. He talks more (Not as many one word answers) and seems to have picked up more of a vocabulary. Molly and Suit also feel different, especially Molly. His books are ok. I think Ace Atkins did a better job with his Spenser book though. I am looking forward to the next one this spring.
    Thanks Mike. I'll have to check that one out.

I finished Shatter by Michael Robotham. Great read

I'm about ten pages from finishing Bleed for Me by Michael Robotham. Not a gread read Too long, to drawn out, too many plot lines, too many characters that I dont care about what happens to them. It's difficult to do a series well. I'm still a fan though.
    "I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." - Michael Jordan

Maturing Puffer Fish

Slowly reading through Executive Orders by Tom Clancy.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Just read American Sniper...Now Reading Stephen Kings/Peter Straub Black House
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Young Puffer Fish

Reading A JOURNEY OF SOULS by Dr.Michael Newton. Just came off of a long stretch of studying Zecharia Sitchin's list of books.

Currently reading Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. Amazing book about amazing people, very well written.

Cheers-
    Dazz
    Tobacco is a dirty weed. I like it.

I'm currently working my way through a stack of books by the authors who will be at the Key West Literary Seminar in January. This is going to be the greatest Key West seminar ever. Many of my idols are going to be speaking to us.

The Dark Side | Key West Literary Seminar

Currently reading the Adventures of Huckelberry Finn, almost done. After i'm done reading this book I'm going to read Five Families. I've started watching Boardwalk Empire and therefore I picked up this book, can't wait.

David baldacci's "zero hour". Had to start this when I just couldn't get through Vince Flynn 's third option.

Puffer Fish with some spikes T3Hunter's Avatar

Reading the complete collection of Hemingway's short stories. He has some great ones. I as just visiting the ISOM and got to see a couple of his old haunts there. It was amazing sitting in an old bar like that having a rum and a cigar. It takes you back in time and now makes all his stories seem that much more real.

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast