Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Continuing on my Western History kick, I just finished: Once They Moved Like the Wind - Cochise, Geronimo and the ...

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Continuing on my Western History kick, I just finished: Once They Moved Like the Wind - Cochise, Geronimo and the Apache Wars. David Roberts is neutral in telling the story, highlighting both the American and Apache side. Regarded as one of the better books on the subject, I really enjoyed it.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Just started reading Penpal by Dathan Auerbach
    Amazon.com: Penpal eBook: Dathan Auerbach: Kindle Store

Pretty creepy so far
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Puffer Fish with some spikes SigMike's Avatar

American Sniper by Chris Kyle,Scott McEwen, and Jim DeFelice. Autobiography of Chris Kyle. I had the opportunity to meet Chris before he died. Great read so far...true hero in my eyes.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Sixspeedsam's Avatar

Just finished Killshot by Vince Flynn. Sad to see he passed ...

Young Puffer Fish Clevelandpoet's Avatar

I've been catching up on the Locke & Key books. Some great stuff in them and Gabriel Rodriguez is probably my favorite illustrator right now. I picked up Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics, and the Paranormal after hearing the author on Coast to Coast AM (any other listeners??)
    “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” ― Vincent van Gogh

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

Just finished Dan Brown's Inferno just started The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason.

Full grown Puffer Fish liquidicem's Avatar

I'm reading Inferno right now as well. Pretty fun so far, typical Dan Brown stuff.

Just finished The Case of the Dangerous Dowager, a Perry Mason book I picked up this week. I read all of these years ago, but it's been long enough that they're fun again.
    ********.com

Maturing Puffer Fish

I've been working on, The Hobbit, for a while. Had to put it down rather quickly after seeing how far off it is from the new film. I just haven't been able to get into it, which is sad because I've enjoyed reading the LOTR trilogy more than a few times.

Win

At one time I really wanted to go to Africa on a Plains Game hunt. I bought books by Hemingway, Ruark, Capstick and others to fuel my curiosity. I'm waiting on a book from Amazon, so I re-read the "Green Hills of Africa" by Hemingway. Much more than just a hunt story, easy read, too.

Maturing Puffer Fish .cigardude.'s Avatar

The different threads in this wonderful foum.
    There's a plethora of information, and what's more enjoyable than reading about something you're interested in.

Win

I just finished "The Secret Knowledge of Water", basically Craig Childs quest for water in the desert Southwest. A good read for me as I've been in several of the areas he writes about. This time of year we get a lot of flash floods and his writing on his experiences is good and informative.

I just bought a Kindle and read a couple of short books (free), I think I still like real books!

Full grown Puffer Fish liquidicem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    I just bought a Kindle and read a couple of short books (free), I think I still like real books!
    Not me. I hope to never buy a paper book again. I love my Kindle!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Our house is one that is strongly divided on this point. My wife would as soon never see a bound book again, and I will go to the mat before I buy a kindle for myself.
    I certainly understand their practicality for many, but I just enjoy the tactile sensations of reading/marking/dog-earing a real book too much.

I've been on a Dallas Willard kick lately, but just picked up some Gustavo Gutiérrez. In between I think I'll make some time for Faulkner's Uncollected short stories

Full grown Puffer Fish OratorORourke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    Our house is one that is strongly divided on this point. My wife would as soon never see a bound book again, and I will go to the mat before I buy a kindle for myself.
    I certainly understand their practicality for many, but I just enjoy the tactile sensations of reading/marking/dog-earing a real book too much.
    I am the same way. Maybe even worse as I try to only purchase hardcover books and even better, if I can find older to first editions of the book I am looking for at a used book store. The only time I will purchase a paperback is if it is for a travel situation. Even then, I would then purchase the hardcover when i return for display purposes.

That being said, I am currently -re-reading Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms. I have been on a real classics kick lately. The last book I re-read was the Great Gatsby and prior to that, the Count of Monte Cristo.

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast