Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Jordan23 Last week I finished Stephen king's Doctor Sleep. I loved it and its one of his ...

Young Puffer Fish Clevelandpoet's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    Last week I finished Stephen king's Doctor Sleep.

I loved it and its one of his best.
    Just about to finish rereading The Shining and then it'll be on to Doctor Sleep. And soon Dead Mountain
    the true story of the Dyatlov Pass incident
    : In February 1959, a group of nine experienced hikers in the Russian Ural Mountains died mysteriously on an elevation known as Dead Mountain. Eerie aspects of the incident--unexplained violent injuries, signs that they cut open and fled the tent without proper clothing or shoes
    “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” ― Vincent van Gogh

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    Just started reading Tom Clancy's patriot games.
    I've stopped reading it and put it away, not my cup of tea.

What to read now
    Tobacco is a dirty weed. I like it.

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

Craig Childs has spent his life exploring the Southwest, writing about water and the Indians that occupied the area before the Spanish arrived. I just finished House of Rain, well worth reading if you have an interest in the Southwest or pre-history Indian cultures.

Part 2 of the Belgariad by David Eddings, (Queen of Sorcery)

I've been reading Harlan Coben the past couple weeks, so far: Drop Shot, No second Chance & The Innocent.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Maturing Puffer Fish AlliChaparra's Avatar

Still reading V.C. Andrews. I love her older books.

I finished Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson, completing the trilogy. Where do I get my medal? I do get a medal don't I? I haven't had a slog-through-this-stuff experience like that since Silas Marner in the tenth grade.

I'm trying to refresh my brain with some light entertainment now, checking out Alan Dean Foster's For Love of Mother-Not. Nothing deep, but that's just fine right now.
    ********.com

Continuing the light reading brain relief. Reread a couple of Heinlein's (Revolt in 2100 and Methuselah's Children) and now I'm enjoying The Far Side of the Stars, the third book in David Drake's RCN/Lt. Leary series.
    ********.com

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

i was gifted another book by Craig Childs, "Finders Keepers". I really liked "House of Rain" which was a history lesson. In this one he enters the debate on who gets to keep Antiquities that are being found and traded daily. I really enjoyed this book and learned a lot about what goes on with Archeologists, Museums and people like you and me.

Young Puffer Fish Clevelandpoet's Avatar

Just finished The Never List by Koethi Zan.
    A darker thriller. Best friends Sarah and Jennifer kept what they called the Never List: a list of actions to be avoided, for safetys sake, at all costs. But one night, against their best instincts, they accept a cab ride with grave, everlasting consequences. For the next three years, they are held captive with two other girls in a dungeon-like cellar by a connoisseur of sadism. Ten years later, Sarah is still struggling to have a normal life, and trying to come to grips with the fact that Jennifer didn't make it out of there with her. Now, her abductor is up for parole and Sarah can no longer ignore the twisted letters he sends from jail. Sarah must find a way to confront her phobias to find out the truth and stop her abductor from being released.

Finally Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident became available at the library. I'm about to start that!
    “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” ― Vincent van Gogh

No longer a community member.

Toxic Charity by Robert Lupton some of the sociological assertions are interesting but overall its a pretty superficial read

about halfway through Gardens of the Moon book one of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    amazon blurb
    The Malazan Empire simmers with discontent, bled dry by interminable warfare, bitter infighting and bloody confrontations. Even the imperial legions, long inured to the bloodshed, yearn for some respite. Yet Empress Laseen's rule remains absolute, enforced by her dread Claw assassins.

For Sergeant Whiskeyjack and his squad of Bridgeburners, and for Tattersail, surviving cadre mage of the Second Legion, the aftermath of the siege of Pale should have been a time to mourn the many dead. But Darujhistan, last of the Free Cities of Genabackis, yet holds out. It is to this ancient citadel that Laseen turns her predatory gaze.

However, it would appear that the Empire is not alone in this great game. Sinister, shadowbound forces are gathering as the gods themselves prepare to play their hand . . .

so far the story has me interested but i am not yet hooked i will have to see where it goes i guess.
    Lifes not a B!tch. Lifes a beautiful woman.
    you only call her a b!tch because she won't let you get that pu$$y.

Currently reading Dust of Dreams, which is book 9 in the Malazan book of the fallen series. Also reading Cold Days, which is book 14 in the Dresden File series.

I also keep Name of the Wind in my truck for whenever I have down time away from home.

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

Just finished reading a few David Baldacci books - Deliver Us from Evil, The Forgotten, and the Hit. I enjoyed reading all 3, but my favorite was Deliver us from Evil. I enjoyed the location in which the story took place and how he took you there with his words. The other 2 books where ok, but the stories where just too similar and the location they took place in didn't bring anything to the books. I probably won't read anymore as I've heard they are all very similar to his previous books.

Currently reading Crazy Horse and Custer by Stephen Ambrose.

Recently finished Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C Gwynne.

The actual story of westward expansion and the interaction between whites and indians is quite fascinating. I wish they'd have made an honest effort to teach it in school.

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast