Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; In the process of reading the witch of portobello. Never realized there was a reason thread. I quite enjoy a ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Darkavenger's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

In the process of reading the witch of portobello. Never realized there was a reason thread. I quite enjoy a good book

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

Entertaining myself with some of Dean Koontz. right now I'm on the third book in the Odd Thomas series. I have been reading some Tony Hillerman novels with a Navajo policeman as the "hero". They're both fun, totally different.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I read Thomas Berger's "Little Big Man" a couple weeks ago, I just finished roughly 900 pages of James Thurber yesterday, and started "Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand", by Samuel R. Delany.

Full grown Puffer Fish Darkavenger's Avatar

I've enjoyed the first few Odd Thomas. Need to finish the series. I just finished Colorado Kid by Stephen King. It was ok. Not the biggest mystery fan. Going to probably start wheel of time next

Young Puffer Fish

On a bit of a classics kick. Currently reading through Edgar Allen Poe short stories and poems along with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Recently finished the Count of Monte Cristo.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I've heard they are all very similar to his previous books.
    I've read a few Baldacci books and I find it's true, they do get quite similar. That said, I don't think I've ever disliked one, certainly haven't left any unfinished. I recall The Hit being quite enjoyable. May have to give Deliver Us From Evil a shot.

I am just finishing up Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell for me at least quite interesting muchlike his other book I read The Tiping Point.

I was comped a publisher copy of a book by Rodale Press since I am on the AAAS mailing lists for some reason. Not a PhD, but my mail says I am. Still not paying the $400 annual membership.

Anyway, "The Perfect Protein" by Andy Sharpless will be on deck when I head to Hawaii in a couple of weeks. For now, some HP Lovecraft more than likely between journal articles on wine research.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puff Contest Czar

The Outsider, an autobiography on Jimmy Conners.

Just finished Book 2 of David Eddings' Belgariad will be starting Book 3 soon. Started off slow but its definitely picking up.

Reading "In the Heart of the Sea" - Nathaniel Philbrick, that a B&M buddy let me borrow. Pretty good, not great.

Also reading "Turn Right at Macchu Picu" - Mark Adams, pretty good for what it is.

Also just finished "Peace Is Every Step" - Thich Nhat Hanh, which was excellent.

No longer a community member.

I've been revisiting some Thoreau- namely Walden.

Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    I've been revisiting some Thoreau- namely Walden.
    I'm highly jealous of you. I just read a Thoreau passage in my LSAT books. Wish I had more time for pleasure reading and smoking.
    Great taste, but I can't bump you!

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacWebDev View Post
    I've read a few Baldacci books and I find it's true, they do get quite similar. That said, I don't think I've ever disliked one, certainly haven't left any unfinished. I recall The Hit being quite enjoyable. May have to give Deliver Us From Evil a shot.
    I really enjoyed the hit, but the one thing that set Deliver us from evil apart from his other books was the location and in-depth research spent into writing about actual places in the book. After you read the book he has a lot of good info about the locations and actual pictures of the location he wrote about. Just added a whole extra facet to the book.

No longer a community member.

Seems Like Yesterday by Buck Hundley. Itís a fictional memoir written by a guy who grew up in the Schoolfield mill village part of the city I live in during the 40s. Itís a pretty fun read since it talks about all kinds of city landmarks that I recognize and things that are long gone that Iíve heard locals talk about since moving here.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast