Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Bermac I know. As soon as I finished it, I wanted the next book. I don't normally ...

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Quote Originally Posted by Bermac View Post
    I know. As soon as I finished it, I wanted the next book. I don't normally buy hard covers, but I don't think I will be able to wait.

You'll have to check out Rothfuss's website he has a pretty funny blog.

Theirs a pic of his new baby along side the manuscript.
    You can tell a good cigar in the first inch but you won't know a great cigar till you burn your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicseven View Post
    You'll have to check out Rothfuss's website he has a pretty funny blog.

Theirs a pic of his new baby along side the manuscript.
    Nice. That is one small baby, or a huge draft. He seems to be pushed harder for a release date than GRRM. I can handle waiting if it means an equal quality book.

Young Puffer Fish

Currently in the middle of:

Last survivor (Book on the seals)
    Thinking for a change (JCM)

I will review when I'm done ha ha.

Young Puffer Fish Unoriginal Username's Avatar

I should kick my own ass for not reading this book yet, but I just started "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac

Puffer Fish with some spikes bbrodnax's Avatar

Thomas Sowell's "Knowledge and Decision"

Full grown Puffer Fish niterider56's Avatar

Right now I am on a Stephan Hunter kick. Really enjoyed Pale Horse Coming, Hot Springs, Master Sniper and Second Saladin. Reading Tapestry of Spies right now.
    "Marraige is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution." Groucho Marx

Just finshed the Law of Nines. Terry Goodkind. His supposed non-fantasy. Which was a lie and wasn't even orignal enough to come up with new names.

The book was ok, just ok.
    You can tell a good cigar in the first inch but you won't know a great cigar till you burn your fingers.

The Man in the Iron Mask

Puffer Fish with some spikes bbrodnax's Avatar

I just finished The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cigars by Tad Gage (ebook version). Very informative. I can't think of anything "cigars" that is not talked about. If anyone has a nook and has yet to read it, pm me your email that is assigned to your B&N account and I will lend it to you.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes bigslowrock's Avatar

Just finished up the Millennium Trilogy by Steig Larrason. These were probably the best crime/ thriller novels that I've read in 10+ years. I would certainly recommend them to anyone that likes that genre of books.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Theophilus's Avatar

Read half of Crime and Punishment last week on vacation. Its my first Dostoevsky book and I'm hooked.
    "Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued."

- Socrates

I have just finished the Crown of Swords and am moving on to The Path of Daggers. Books 7 & 8 of the Wheel of time series. Very enjoyable so far.

Pale Horse Comming was a great book. I haven't gotten around to reading more.

Puffer Fish with some spikes StratSlinger's Avatar

Bermac - great series. First read through, or have you read it a few times? I've probably read the early books in the series 5 or 6 times by now - book 12 is the only one I haven't done at least one re-read on yet, and that'll be remedied before 13 comes out.

I just got done listening to the audiobook version of Sword of Shanara. I've held off on reading these ones for years now, and I'm glad I didn't waste more time than just my normal commute "reading" it now. The book derived so much from Lord of the Rings that it wasn't even funny.

I also just finished reading Elantris - a stand alone Fantasy novel written by they guy who's finishing off the Wheel of Time. It wasn't bad, but I think I'll stick to his work on Wheel of Time, and check out some other authors before I pick up any further Sanderson work.

Listening to Dan Simmons' Hyperion now, and reading Definitely Dead (mostly so that my wife and I can read something in common, which is nice once in a while!).

[QUOTE=StratSlinger;2900166]Bermac - great series. First read through, or have you read it a few times? I've probably read the early books in the series 5 or 6 times by now - book 12 is the only one I haven't done at least one re-read on yet, and that'll be remedied before 13 comes out.

QUOTE]

This is my first time thru the series. They were always on my "Gonna read someday" list and I finally got around to them.

I thought the Sookie Stackhouse books were pretty enjoyable. Not amazing, but worth the read. Much better than another Vampire series that I cannot even bring my self to type the name.

Puffer Fish with some spikes StratSlinger's Avatar

Agreed... I'm pretty sure I suffered through that other Vampire series. The things we do for our wives...

You're coming into WOT at a pretty good time - we're probably about 18 months away from actually reading the end of the story. I've thought for years it was going to go 13 books, looks like I was one off.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast