Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Im about halfway through "How We Decide" by Jonah Lehrer..great book about how our decisions are based more on emotions ...

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Im about halfway through "How We Decide" by Jonah Lehrer..great book about how our decisions are based more on emotions than anything else...a must read IMO!!! He goes into how our brain works ad how our emotions help to decide the outcome of many huge decisions in our lives!!! Check it out
    "The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen." - Zen warrior

No longer a community member.

I finally finished The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran, Gifted to me by Fauzi

Thanks Bro, I liked it, but much was very familiar already, once I actually started it was a quick read, I was amazed it had been in print so long impressive,

Thanks Again!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by StratSlinger View Post
    Lloyd, sounds like you're pretty much on pace to be ready for book 13 almost exactly when it comes out!

Actually, I just spotted something that said book 13 has been pushed back to November. Considering how Sanderson has been talking about the progress he plans to make, I'm not optimistic about what pushing the date back actually means...

Book 10 has some great moments, IIRC. Perrin has at least one "Holy sh!^" scene that really stood out for me. Maybe the beginning of rescuing his character - he was far and away my favorite character ofter Shadow Rising, but he quickly just became to whiney for me to like.

Also, when you make the transition from the last Jordan-written book to the first Sanderson one, be prepared for a couple character changes. Most are very subtle and work alright. But Mat is downright jarring for the first chapter or two.
    Thanks for the heads up. Perrin hasn't really been all that interesting, the chapters with Mat are the ones that keep me reading until 1am.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeNub View Post
    Just finishing up The Shadow Rising, Book 4 of the Wheel of Time books, loved every page so far.

Ive also read every book in Fiests Magician series, havent started the Demonwar Saga yet though, been saving that for my Holiday.
    I really enjoyed all of R.E. Feist books I've read. I re-read them every few years.

Howdy All:

I hope you are great.

I just finished Atlas Shrugged today. Great, great book.

Best regards, tony

I just started reading "Fargo Rock City" by Chuck Klosterman... A great read, if you're at all interested in the cultural significance of 80s Hair Metal.
    Do you ever get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?

Quote Originally Posted by Justy P View Post
    I just started reading "Fargo Rock City" by Chuck Klosterman... A great read, if you're at all interested in the cultural significance of 80s Hair Metal.

That book is hilarious--I met the guy, but he was too plastered to really talk.

I'm currently reading Moby Dick and The Divine Invasion. Moby Dick goes pretty slowly, but I can see why it is one of the greats.

Leading Puffer Fish BigBuddha76's Avatar

just finished reading all of the Stephanie Plum books. now reading Deal on Ice...need suggestions for more authors like Hiaasen...maybe I'll reread Sick Puppy
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and start slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuddha76 View Post
    just finished reading all of the Stephanie Plum books. now reading Deal on Ice...need suggestions for more authors like Hiaasen...maybe I'll reread Sick Puppy
    Zack, I love the Stephanie Plum books. easy reading and very humorous, especially Grandma Mazur. I look forward to each new release.

Just finished Stephen King's "Under the Dome". IMHO it is one of his best in recent times.
    BIA!!!

Maturing Puffer Fish

The NEC and The Glass Menagerie for work, and The Four Hour Work Week for pleasure.

Leading Puffer Fish BigBuddha76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habanolover View Post
    Zack, I love the Stephanie Plum books. easy reading and very humorous, especially Grandma Mazur. I look forward to each new release.

Just finished Stephen King's "Under the Dome". IMHO it is one of his best in recent times.
    under the dome was great...cell was an excellent book as well

now reading Hiaasens new book...
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and start slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

I just finished rereading King's The Shining after 30 years, now I'm on to Breakout about the Chosin Reservoir campaign in "the forgotten war".

Howdy All:

I hope you are great.

Just finished The Alchemist, great book.

Best regards, tony

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by aea6574 View Post
    Howdy All:

I hope you are great.

Just finished The Alchemist, great book.

Best regards, tony
    My fiancee just finished that book, it's on her list of books for me to read now, I suspect I won't be able to hold off too long, glad to hear it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by gjcab09 View Post
    I just finished rereading King's The Shining after 30 years...
    That's a long time to read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    That's a long time to read a book.
    I guess some people just read slower than others.
    BIA!!!

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast