Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; currently: Under the Dome previously: Being and Time...

Acid 5 circa '03 ftw! The_Smoked_Blade's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

currently: Under the Dome
    previously: Being and Time
    Cigars are a way of life, and if they didn't exist, what would be the point? Madness borders genius, while the truth resides in the limelight.

Leading Puffer Fish BigBuddha76's Avatar

just finished Star Island, now reading Empire (its about Death killing zombies)
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and start slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

Currently reading The Mysterious Island by Verne. I'm currently on a big Jules Verne streak.

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

Just finished Last Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie and The Prefect by Alastair Reynolds. Just starting House of Chains by Steven Erikson and Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks.

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheese
    That's a long time to read a book.
    The print was veerrrrry small!

Quote Originally Posted by Habanolover View Post
    I guess some people just read slower than others.
    ...as evidenced by the time it's taken me to respond to this!

"Enduring Cuba" published under the lonely planet umbrella. Author Zoe Bran.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

After finishing Breakout, I'm onto In Mortal Combat: Korea 1950-1953 by John Toland

The Complete Fictional Works of H.P. Lovecraft

I've read many of the stories before but they're worth rereading.

Currently reading Gold by Isaac Asimov; last read The Accidental Time Machine by Joe Haldeman. I've rediscovered SF and seem to be stuck...

Just started "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest" unfortunately the last book by Steig Larrson.

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

I love this thread.

I've been trying to read Steig Larrson for a few months now, and I just can't get past the second chapter of "Dragon Tattoo." I've tried probably four times, but something about his style just seems to makes my mind wander elsewhere (the first few pages, about the flowers, were so well written and intriguing, but then...pfffft). I'll keep trying though...maybe one day I'll be in the right mood to read long enough that it keeps my interest.

Currently, I'm reading Shogun by James Clavelle. I can see why this was so huge back in the day. Prior to this, I read Naufrage de la frégate la Méduse by Henri Savigny and Alexandre Corréard. I've read other accounts of the sinking of the Méduse, but to read about it in the words of someone who experienced it first hand...just....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro View Post
    I love this thread.

I've been trying to read Steig Larrson for a few months now, and I just can't get past the second chapter of "Dragon Tattoo." I've tried probably four times, but something about his style just seems to makes my mind wander elsewhere (the first few pages, about the flowers, were so well written and intriguing, but then...pfffft). I'll keep trying though...maybe one day I'll be in the right mood to read long enough that it keeps my interest.
    I also found the beginning difficult, I attributed it to the translation. It is just a little bit off, but once I got used to it I moved right along.

Currently reading Catch 22 and Psycho-Cybernetics, just finished The 4 Hour Work Week.

Best regards, tony

Puffer Fish with many spikes ninjaturtlenerd's Avatar

Dearly Devoted Dexter, The Second Book in the series that inspired the Dexter TV Show. just finished the first one Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Its much different from the show and a good read for anyone who is into the show.

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast