Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Bunker I also found the beginning difficult, I attributed it to the translation. It is just a ...

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    I also found the beginning difficult, I attributed it to the translation. It is just a little bit off, but once I got used to it I moved right along.
    That's what I figured. Thanks, that helps. I'll give it another go after I'm done with Shogun.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaturtlenerd View Post
    Dearly Devoted Dexter, The Second Book in the series that inspired the Dexter TV Show. just finished the first one Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Its much different from the show and a good read for anyone who is into the show.
    I second these...the whole series is great...they remind me of the early Harry Potter books in that they're like popcorn: so easy to digest and difficult to put down.

The Dexter books were very good. Quick reads, good story, not too much thinking. I am interested to see if the show pulls more from the books.

I just finished Corsair by Clive Cussler. Has to be one of his best in my opinion.

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

Elder Puffer Fish Leader kheffelf's Avatar

Just started Zeitoun by Dave Eggers.
    When I hold you in my arms, And I feel my finger on your trigger, I know no one can do me no harm, Because happiness is a warm gun.
    - the Beatles

Revisited a couple of Heinleins; finished Have Spacesuit, Will Travel yesterday, started The Green Hills of Earth today.

I am reading surviving the extremes by Kenneth Kamler. it is a great book so far very interesting both scientifically and as an expedition journal. i highly recommend it.

Just finished Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy, very difficult read for me, now Im on to The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cigars.
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

Currently I am reading "Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom" by Robert T. Kiyosaki

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro View Post
    didn't know there were books! Love the series--just finished the fourth season.

Puffer Fish with some spikes StratSlinger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Revisited a couple of Heinleins; finished Have Spacesuit, Will Travel yesterday, started The Green Hills of Earth today.
    A brother after my own heart! I keep meaning to pick up The Moon is a Harsh Mistress for a re-read. One of these days...

I just wrapped up S.M. Stirling's Island in the Sea of Time. Pretty neat read if you're at all into Time Travel and/or Alternate History flavors of SciFi.

I'm now just getting into Orson Scott Card's "The Worthing Saga," while still listening to the last of Dan Simons' Hyperion novels on audiobook during my commute.

My wife, however, just read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and is now reading the follow-up to that novel. And, just like folks have said here, she nearly bailed in the first 100 pages. A friend assured her that sticking with it would be worth it, and she more than agreed when all was said and done!

"Companies that changed the world" by Jonathan Mantle. Interesting take on consumer history.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

The Idiot's Guide to Cigars

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    The Idiot's Guide to Cigars
    +1

And I am also reading The Blood of Lambs, A former terrorist's memoir of death and redemption. Very scary stuff happening.
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

Recently finished the Silmarillion, skipped the Hobbit, and went straight to Fellowship of the Ring. Love the series, and read them about once a year.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast