Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

This is a discussion on What are you reading? / What did you read last? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'm done reading Solipsist by Henry Rollins. It's okay, not your everyday read. Has anyone else read it?...

Full grown Puffer Fish abgoosht's Avatar

What are you reading? / What did you read last?

I'm done reading Solipsist by Henry Rollins. It's okay, not your everyday read. Has anyone else read it?
    [SIZE=4]WTT/WTB - A. Fuente Love Story
    [/SIZE]

Re: What are you reading? / What did you read last?

Henry is the Champ... I've never read any of his books, but have enjoyed his spoken word on CD and in person.
    Do you ever get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

I'm working my way through America: The Last Best Hope by Wm. Bennett. It's kind of a cursory treatment of American history, and leaves me with more questions than it answers. But it's a good overview. Previously, I read a book called Chechnya by...I forget who. Interesting, but slow going for me due to all of the unfamiliar pronunciations. I had to really focus to make it through that one.

There are no sane human beings

I am re-reading the wheel of time series.

Also reading the Obsidian Trilogy.
    You can tell a good cigar in the first inch but you won't know a great cigar till you burn your fingers.

Yea his stuff are definitely good. Let me know if you want me to mail you a couple of his books to read and you can send them back once you're done.

@ gjcab09
    Have you read Zinn's A People's History of The United States? Good stuff.

@ Magicseven
    I haven't read any of them. Are they good?
    [/SIZE]

Seyed.

IMHO the Wheel of time series is probably one of the best fantasy series ever written.
    You can tell a good cigar in the first inch but you won't know a great cigar till you burn your fingers.

wow! i'll keep an eye out when i go to the book store. thanks for the recommendation.

-Seyed

Quote Originally Posted by Magicseven View Post
    Seyed.

IMHO the Wheel of time series is probably one of the best fantasy series ever written.
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by abgoosht View Post
    @ gjcab09
    Have you read Zinn's A People's History of The United States? Good stuff.
    No, although I enjoy the topic, I've really got to work to make it through this kind of thing. Once I finish Bennett, I'll be looking for another to sink my teeth into.

I just finished Black Widow and Dead Silence by Randy Wayne White while in Key West. I'm currently reading Fuzzy Navel by J.A. Konrath. I also have started on A Voyage Long and Strange: On the Trail of Vikings, Conquistadors, Lost Colonists, and Other Adventurers in Early America by Tony Horwitz and am thoroughly enjoying it.

My book here at work is Stuff White People Like. Hilarious observations and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by phinz View Post
    My book here at work is Stuff White People Like. Hilarious observations and comments.
    Stuff White People Like

always cracks me up!
    [/SIZE]

Right now I am reading "Legacy of Honor" by Alvin Townley about the influence and impact of Eagle Scouts in America. Very fitting for me because I am an Eagle and this is the 100th Anniversary of the BSA. I just finished "Mines Bigger" by David A. Kaplan about Tom Perkins and his quest to build the largest private sailing yacht in the world which he did, he named her Maltese Falcon. Next I will be reading "Beyond the Hills The Journey Of Waite Phillips" by Michael Wallis.

Quote Originally Posted by tlempke View Post
    Right now I am reading "Legacy of Honor" by Alvin Townley about the influence and impact of Eagle Scouts in America. Very fitting for me because I am an Eagle and this is the 100th Anniversary of the BSA.
    I'm an Eagle Scout as well. I might have to pick that book up.

3 chapters into To Try Men's Souls and am really enjoying it so far.

right now. im reading "a salty piece of land" by jimmy buffett. i love this book. i havent read it sense it first came out, and i dont remember any of this.

last book i read was "american on purpose" by craig ferguson. this is my all time favorite book now.

next up to read is most likely going to be "pirate looks at 50" by jimmy buffett as i havent read that in a long time ether and cant remember any of it....unless the 4th book from the eragon series comes out (yes, i read them, and loved them. and i normally hate these kind of books, there not my style... but i loved these for some reason)

Full grown Puffer Fish ShortyStogie's Avatar

Just got done with Q&A by Vikas Swarup (the book that Slumdog Millionaire was based on). As much as I loved the movie, the book just blows the movie away. Almost a completely different read.

Also in the middle of a few books... Alan Greenspan's The Age of Turbulence, Black Swan, Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol (don't think I'll finish that... rubbish), and re-reading The God of Small Things by Arundathi Roy.

BTW, if anyone wants a glorious view into Indian Sub-continental culture, Arundathi Roy is the person to read. Amazing. She has a harsh, political activist side to her, but her novels are simply divine. The God of Small Things is a must read...

Great topic, Seyed

-SS

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast