Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Whats the best book you've ever read??

This is a discussion on Whats the best book you've ever read?? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by ChaseKnight So hard to just put down favorite...but right now I would have to say that Brandon ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Whats the best book you've ever read??

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseKnight View Post
    So hard to just put down favorite...but right now I would have to say that Brandon Sanderson has become my favorite author. His Mistborn series is awesome! His new stormlight series is hands down the book that I most anticipating and eager for. I check his website just to check his progress bar. If only Patrick Rothfuss would implement a progress bar...sigh.
    I love the Mistborn trilogy, as well as Warbreaker and Elantris. And The Way of Kings was just incredible (book two is apparently coming in the fall!). Patrick Rothfuss is also an amazing author, although I haven't gotten around to reading book two of The Kingkiller Chronicles yet. I kept asking for books for birthdays/Christmas and now I have a stack of seven books from at least a couple years ago that I haven't read yet.

My favourite book, however, would be a toss-up between The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett or The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.

My favorites are a toss up between The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss and The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. Great Dialogue in both series, both are, sadly, slow writters.

'Tigers Revenge"

By Claude balls.

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

"Catch 22" by Joseph Heller, so much fun
    I <3 Cigars

Young Puffer Fish hunter19delta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SquidLips View Post
    My favorites are a toss up between The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss and The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. Great Dialogue in both series, both are, sadly, slow writters.
    +1 Name of the Wind by Rothfuss.Great book. .. patiently waiting for the third.

Maturing Puffer Fish Midnight_Ryder's Avatar

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Funniest book I ever read. Another good one is a novel called House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski. It's a complete mind boggle but still fun to read.
    If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then Id have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little. George Carlin

My favorite way to start a weekend out on patio early in the morning, cup of coffee (or a whole pot), nice stick burning, and a good book.

The Charm School by Nelson DeMille. It's a cold war spy/thriller. Word of Honor also by DeMille.

I read a ton of WW2 non-fiction. My favorite there is the WW2 Trilogy (Army at Dawn, Day of the Battle, and The Guns Last Light) by Rick Atkinson

Right now I'm working on Chronicles of Narnia.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdog13 View Post
    Once and Future King. By far my favorite book ever. My copy of this book is barely holding together, and is one of two books which I took to every field exercise and deployment from 99-2010.
    Good one!! Read it in high school.

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Tough one...

It's probably Brave New World...But my oh my does Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas come ridiculously close.
    It's been nice, while it lasted.

Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheEvans View Post
    "Catch 22" by Joseph Heller, so much fun
    Agreed. Yossarian is an unforgettable character.

My favorites include Catch-22, Count of Monte Christo (Where the CC get their name), Three Musketeers, Robinson Crusoe, and anything Dumas and Camus.
    Basically I love the classics. They are classics for a reason.

The House on Garibaldi Street by Isser Hare

East of Eden by Steinbeck

A book every man should not just read, but understand as well.

Full grown Puffer Fish Darkavenger's Avatar

Easily Count of Monte Cristo. May have to read again this year

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish penna stogey's Avatar

Peter the Great.......Mt Cristo is a good one too
    Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish c.ortiz108's Avatar

Lots of good choices here. Impossible to boil it down to just one favorite but the Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake would be way up there.
    "By the cigars they smoke, and the composers they love, ye shall know the texture of men's souls." - John Galsworthy.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast