Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Chuck Palahniuk anyone?

This is a discussion on Chuck Palahniuk anyone? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Read Invisible Monsters. Very thought provoking. Not sure I'll be reading many of his others though, not my style......

the understanding wife BOTLwife's Avatar

Re: Chuck Palahniuk anyone?

Read Invisible Monsters. Very thought provoking. Not sure I'll be reading many of his others though, not my style...

Survivor is my all time favorite. That was the only reason I read, and then saw Fight Club to begin with.

Although I must say I haven't read anything since Haunted came out. I tried to get into the book but it didn't work for me for some reason.

Young Puffer Fish

I read Choke a couple of years ago and didn't really care for it. Picked it up a few weeks ago to give it another try and really liked it. I guess he's the sort of author I have to be in the mood for. I'll be picking up Survivor and Invisible Monsters soon.

He's actually my favorite secular author. Everything he say has meaning, and it's all very though provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
    Survivor is my all time favorite. That was the only reason I read, and then saw Fight Club to begin with.

Although I must say I haven't read anything since Haunted came out. I tried to get into the book but it didn't work for me for some reason.
    Survivor is my favorite by him too, but I had the same problem with Haunted. I read about 2/3 of it, but then just lost interest. I might try again, since Rant took me about 4 tries until I could get into it, but it's doubtful. Too much reading to do right now anyway :P

Just read Choke and i loved it. started Snuff and stopped for a while. I'll finish it sometime.

Has anyone read "damned"? was it any good?

I absolutely love Fight Club, Survivor, Choke, Lulliby, but I've been disappointed in some of the last few he's put out. I read the opening two chapters to Damned and absolutely hated it and have no desire to read it any further.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Yeah I have been hesitating on starting "dammed". Im still not sure if I will. The last one I read was "Pygmy" and I really had a hard time reading that because of the broken English. I love choke, Survivor, and Stranger than fiction.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

His short story "Guts" is one disturbing piece of work

Young Puffer Fish Clevelandpoet's Avatar

I've slotted one of his books into my reading list after 3rd or 4th non Palahniuk book. I look forward to getting to Fight Club. I just recently finished Choke. It was such a quick read. I just found the dvd for 1.99 and grabbed it. It was something I wanted to see (before I had read) when it came out but never did.

Palahniuk is awesome. Fight club is obviously his most popular, but I don't think he has a bad book. I've really enjoyed every one I've read.

I read Fight Club after seeing it when I was 13 or 14, picked up Choke and Survivor after that. Then I read a few stories out of Haunted. Guts didn't bother me much at all. Being 14 and having a swimming pool, I'm surprised I didn't get any ideas from it. And if you think that's a disturbing story, you should read Exodus from the same book. I read Damned when it came out and liked it. I would have to say that Survivor was my favorite, though. I just picked up Snuff and Rant.

Young Puffer Fish Clevelandpoet's Avatar

just picked up Damned on my nook--because the breakfast club in hell sign me up! First few pages I was sort of meh about it but it's slowly picked up.
    “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” ― Vincent van Gogh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2