Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

George R.R. Martin.... seriously, wtf.

This is a discussion on George R.R. Martin.... seriously, wtf. within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I need a support group. I've been waiting in excess of 4 years for the "almost done" sequel to A ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes craig_o's Avatar

George R.R. Martin.... seriously, wtf.

I need a support group. I've been waiting in excess of 4 years for the "almost done" sequel to A Feast for Crows. In between full-blown makeout sessions with the DNC, I have to wonder what GRRM is up to these days.

Any other Song of Ice and Fire addicts?

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

Re: George R.R. Martin.... seriously, wtf.

I feel your pain. I know that GRRM has been involved in the Game of Thrones HBO project, which by the way I am extremely excited about!

I've heard good things, but I'm going to wait until he is done with the series. Waiting that long is ridiculous.

Waiting for this series for a few years now. Maybe by the time the HBO series catches up the book will be out?

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bermac View Post
    Waiting for this series for a few years now. Maybe by the time the HBO series catches up the book will be out?
    I think season one is slated for March 2011, but I haven't seen an official release date for "A Dance With Dragons".

Full grown Puffer Fish Strickland's Avatar

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I feel your pain. I keep hearing internet rumors about how it's "almost ready" and I've heard it's release described as "imminent" since 2008. While I wait, I'm re-reading the first four books (AGAIN!). They're so spread out and complex that I'm still picking up on new things the third time through.

A Song of Ice and Fire is my favorite series by far, but I seriously wonder if he'll finish it in my lifetime.
    Last edited by Strickland; 02-16-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Seeing GRRM's name again just reopens the wound. I am waiting for a solid release date to re-read the series.

I'm not sure if everyone here was aware (probably if you guys are as big of fans as you seem) A Dance With Dragons is listed on the pre-order on multiple websites for this fall. I'm going to have to say that I'm excited for people who enjoy this series. I for one never really got into it. I read the first book and was disappointed in it.

Young Puffer Fish

I think I remember Dance with Dragons listed for pre-order like two years ago... Nevertheless, still exciting that there's a possibility of it coming out this fall. I'm dying to get my hands on it.

July 12th!!!

Mah blog! -->

Reincarnated Hobbit Matthias@Granby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland View Post
    July 12th!!!

Got my pre-order placed!

This is my absolute favorite fantasy series. I'll be taking a couple days off to read this sucker. The HBO series is fantastic thus far. My fantasy hating friends even love It

Scott

Just started reading the series a couple weeks ago. I'm about halfway through A Storm of Swords right now, hoping to catch up in time for the release. Really like 'em so far. (The show is pretty awesome as well).

Maturing Puffer Fish brotherwilliam3's Avatar

Reading everyones response, Im thinking Ill start these books next

Quote Originally Posted by btb01 View Post
    Just started reading the series a couple weeks ago. I'm about halfway through A Storm of Swords right now, hoping to catch up in time for the release. Really like 'em so far. (The show is pretty awesome as well).

Don't hurry, you'll miss too much. Trust me. This is my 3rd time through the series and I'm still picking up on things I missed the first 2 times...
    Mah blog! -->

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast