Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Atlas Shrugged - On Smoking

This is a discussion on Atlas Shrugged - On Smoking within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I've been reading Atlas Shrugged and there was a neat quote I wanted to share. It's about cigarettes, but it's ...

Young Puffer Fish

Atlas Shrugged - On Smoking

I've been reading Atlas Shrugged and there was a neat quote I wanted to share. It's about cigarettes, but it's still good.

"I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind--and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

Re: Atlas Shrugged - On Smoking

I like it!!

There are no sane human beings

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

I like it a lot!
    Corporal Punishment!

The movie was so so, but the book to this day, is one of my favorite books in many respects. "who is John Galt"
    I love Ayn Rand.

J

Quote Originally Posted by veteranvmb View Post
    The movie was so so, but the book to this day, is one of my favorite books in many respects. "who is John Galt"
    I love Ayn Rand.

J
    How did you get to see the movie??? It doesn't officially premiere until April 15!
    "A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke!"

I did not even realize that there was finally a movie coming out.

That is so cool.

Thanks for the information, like the April 15th release date.

Best regards, tony

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Rockets View Post
    How did you get to see the movie??? It doesn't officially premiere until April 15!
    Excuse me. LOL. I had a little bit of brain being tied up. I meant what I said about atlas shrugged, but my thinking was I hope the movie is good, because I thought they did a lousy job on the fountainhead..
    My mind is going. LOL

A lot of good books, they mess up in the movie. Some of the more popular ones where the movie was okay, but the book was superior, were such as hunt for red october, shogun.
    I thought the movie people did a good job, with master and commander, which was sort of taken from two of the books in the series. Hard to understand the books, unless your familiar with naval terms and fittings.

Sorry, for the misprint. Much regards Jerry

Sorry, I tend to be a bit obsessed with all things Ayn Rand and can't wait to see the movie. Atlas Shrugged holds a special place in my cigar smoking heart, as I'd take long lunches the summer I first started enjoying cigars and read for as long as my cigar lasted. Ayn Rand and a good cigar, a better combination has not yet been found!

And I too hope that the movie turns out well. They are making the book into a three part trilogy that follows the same format, so a lot is riding on this release. Check out the website for more info, the trailer and a short clip. The clip looks good, the trailer, not so much.
    "A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke!"

One of my favorite books, and favorite authors.