Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Comic Books?

This is a discussion on Comic Books? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Remember a fav comic book from yourr childhood? From now? I've recently watched a couple of TV specials on comic ...

Comic Books?

Remember a fav comic book from yourr childhood? From now?

I've recently watched a couple of TV specials on comic books and it brought back a ton of memories from my younger days. I even still have a few #1, #2, and #3 issues of Sub Mariner, Wolverine v/s Thor, and others.

Some of my favs to read were Conan, Sgt Rock, and other non-mainstream comic heroes.

I've considered even buying a fev modern comics to catch up on the times, but Wow!... The prices sure have changed from back in my day. I remember when they used to cost $0.25 or even less.

Anyone else collect, used to collect, or have fond memories of comic books? What were your favs?
    Dale

Full grown Puffer Fish ChiTownHustler's Avatar

Re: Comic Books?

Started collecting when I was a wee lad in the mid-70s and kept going until I reached college. Stopped for a bout a decade and started up again around 1999. I have boxes of Moderns, so if you want to read anything let me know. Nowadays I only collect GA books (1938-1955), although SA books still peak my interest and I may go back to collecting certain titles in the future…maybe

I still have my collection from when I was a kid, collecting during the 80's, haven't looked at them in awhile but I have over 5000. Mostly Marvel and DC, X-men, Superman, and Original Star Wars. I also have older comics I picked up off ebay or old book stores.
    The Krazy Kanuck

Full grown Puffer Fish ChiTownHustler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WyldKnyght View Post
    I still have my collection from when I was a kid, collecting during the 80's, haven't looked at them in awhile but I have over 5000. Mostly Marvel and DC, X-men, Superman, and Original Star Wars. I also have older comics I picked up off ebay or old book stores.
    What, no Captain Canuck?

Puffer Fish with some spikes chrisw17's Avatar

I grew up loving Green Lantern...and I still have a huge collection of GL comics. I've always wanted a GL movie, but now that it's almost here I have a gut feeling that it is going to suck.

My favorite comic is Bone by Jeff Smith...great comic series, I want to go back and read them again.

No longer a community member.

My girlfriend is more into comics than I, but I've really enjoyed the northlanders series that came out recently, as well as obvious ones like tank girl, deadpool stuff, JTHM, Book of Squee, etc etc

I liked the comics where the average Joe simply wanted the world to be a better place...No "special powers" aside from maybe specialized training or something and the fortitude to make it happen. Aside from his deep pockets and gadgets, Batman was the epitaxy of this, yet I never really got into his comics.
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw17 View Post
    My favorite comic is Bone by Jeff Smith...great comic series, I want to go back and read them again.
    Ah, the mid-90s... Lots of incredible "independent" books and tons and tons of holofoil-covered crap!

I loved Bone! Great series & Jeff was a great guy! Other favorites from the time were Stray Bullets, Sandman, Cerebus, Eightball, and for the first 20 issues or so I really enjoyed The Maxx.