Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Th book(s) that I am writing!

This is a discussion on Th book(s) that I am writing! within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So... I am a writer, making an attempt at being an author. I stick to mostly fantasy and scifi, with ...

Rav
    No longer a community member.

Th book(s) that I am writing!

So... I am a writer, making an attempt at being an author. I stick to mostly fantasy and scifi, with some modern horror and mystery themes. I am participating in the NanoWriMo this year... The NWM is a national writing event that takes place every November. The goal of the challenge is to write atleast 50,000 words by the end of the month... I am aiming to finish an entire novella!

Any other writers or competitors? Any one curious about it?

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Re: Th book(s) that I am writing!

Thats really cool, Zack! I like to write. And I'm a technically proficient writer. But I just don't have the feeling and emotion to translate into written word, I'm much too scientific. I envy your ability and continued interest in such a reputable venture, fine sir!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Make sure to put up your submission after it is all done!
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David_ESM View Post
    Make sure to put up your submission after it is all done!
    ^^
    ...and for his sake, put some pictures in it!

I kid, I kid

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Hey, some of the greatest works out there had illustrations... And I'm not talking just about If You Give A Moose A Muffin
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader NoShhhSherlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    So... I am a writer, making an attempt at being an author. I stick to mostly fantasy and scifi, with some modern horror and mystery themes. I am participating in the NanoWriMo this year... The NWM is a national writing event that takes place every November. The goal of the challenge is to write atleast 50,000 words by the end of the month... I am aiming to finish an entire novella!

Any other writers or competitors? Any one curious about it?
    Very cool Zack! I Use to write all the time back in school. Currently I have an idea for a book or novel I have been wanting to write but it is so expansive and the idea is so large I really have no idea on how to go about it. It is a Scifi story and takes place during a genetic war between solar systems. Through the story there would be 8 characters that end up becoming entwined with one another, and each being from a different solar system. And each being genetically altered in such a unique way that they will be able to help win a gruesome battle that has been taking place for a very long time. One of the main characters is from earth, and was pulled into the war when earth was devastated by a force from above......

Anyways I could type allot about the story maybe someday I will get around to writing it. But I can't wait to read what you write if you post it up when finished!

Rav

I really appreciate the support, guys! Karate, you could still write essay and bio structured works! Aboutt how things work or your feelings on a topic!

David... You cack me up dude, oh my God. You too, Karate. Lmao. If I get this all finished up, editted and squared away, I will make sure you all have your own copy!

Sherlock... I would LOVE to help you with your idea! One of my best friends back home has some of the coolest fantasy and scifi ideas I have ever heard, he just doesn't have the drive to finish a piece of writing. I am currently helping him get his idea honed down to a single book so he can begin fleshing out ideas. If you would like some help, or curious about how I write stuff.. Feel free to PM me, I believe I have that ability now.

Thanks again, brothers!

Young Puffer Fish

RAV,
    Right there with you. Just crossed the 3000 word mark for my 2011 NanoWriMo work. If I can keep this pace up I will be in good shape. Cigar, Scotch, and keyboard make a great combination.

This is my sixth NanoWriMo. I have completed the 50K race twice. Hoping to make this the third.

What up, Zack! (as I stare across the table at you...yea, it's kinda weird)
    Word up - Nanowrimo is shiznit! I plan on smoking a fine seegar when I'm done.....with each chapter! LOL!
    Rock on man - 2,700 words down so far and more tonight!
    + =

Rav

And as I meet your gaze across this kitchen table, and play footsie with you underneath it. (Yeah, very weird.)

I hit 2500 today! Feeling good, first NanoWriMo for me, but not my first time writing.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I've always wanted to take one of the ideas I have sitting around and do this - maybe this is the year.

Good luck!
    Jessica
    Just For Him, JustForHim.com - 417-886-8380

Good luck Zack. I wish you luck. I was never a writer. Software is one thing but I have no creativity for anything else.
    Legion of BOOM!!! Enforcement Division.

Rav

Hey, thanks man! It's really what I wanna do with my life.