Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Question by an Indie author

This is a discussion on Question by an Indie author within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I joined the Puff forums to learn more about my new hobbie of smoking cigars. I am not a spammer. ...

Question by an Indie author

I joined the Puff forums to learn more about my new hobbie of smoking cigars. I am not a spammer.
    However, in perusing the site, I saw this forum and was interested. I have written and self-published several books.
    My question is can I talk about my books on this forum. I don't want to get in trouble and I am not a spammer, so I wanted to get permission first.
    If it is not allowed, I will not post any info.

Re: Question by an Indie author

What kind of books did you write? I don't think anyone will have a problem as long as you are participating as a member of this community. What I mean by that is, you shouldn't just talk about your books.

As long as you or one character in your books smokes a cigar or pipe, I see nothing wrong about discussing books in the Books forum.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelMorris View Post
    What kind of books did you write? I don't think anyone will have a problem as long as you are participating as a member of this community. What I mean by that is, you shouldn't just talk about your books.
    I have posted 17 times previously, in about 5 or 6 different discussions, in a couple of weeks time. None of my previous posts have been about my books. There is a link on my profile to my Amazon page. That is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    As long as you or one character in your books smokes a cigar or pipe, I see nothing wrong about discussing books in the Books forum.
    Funny you should mention that. The next book I have due to be out, (just working on the cover, the story is finished) features a main character who "is never without his cigar." Unfortunately he is the stereotypical greedy developer, but that was unintentional.

One small excerpt from "Lake Clandestine"

He was wearing slacks and a sport jacket, always ready for business, and his left hand held a Cuban cigar. Sam's men teased that a cigar was surgically attached to his hand: he was never without it.

I wrote a memoir about my personal experience with "terminal" cancer (that was 12 years ago) - "God Said Not Yet!" (print and Kindle)
    A fiction novel - "Donovan's Island." (print and Kindle)
    A fiction novella - "When You Die in Your Dreams." (Kindle only)

The aforementioned "Lake Clandestine" will hopefully be out next month.