Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Any Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Fans here?

This is a discussion on Any Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Fans here? within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Its my favorite fantasy series, and I am counting the days until TWOW!...

Young Fish

Any Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Fans here?

Its my favorite fantasy series, and I am counting the days until TWOW!

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

Re: Any Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Fans here?

love the series currently on the 3rd book and cant wait for it to come back on
    “”If you can’t send money, send tobacco.” – (to the Continental Congress, 1776 ) George Washington

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by davidg1977 View Post
    love the series currently on the 3rd book and cant wait for it to come back on
    Are you reading in line with the series? (Meaning you won't read book 4 until right before season 5)?

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

yeah that way i dont screw up the timeline lol
    “”If you can’t send money, send tobacco.” – (to the Continental Congress, 1776 ) George Washington

Puffer Fish with some spikes

You like Game of Thrones eh?

Yes I love It!!!

You like that character?

Yes! Yes I Love that one. He's my favorite character!!!

BAM HE'S DEAD!!!

Why??? oh Why??? Why did he have to die???
    Every hand is a winner and every hand is a loser.

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

That's just it...DID he die???

Yes I love the books too...can't wait for the next to come out!
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    That's just it...DID he die???

Yes I love the books too...can't wait for the next to come out!
    Damn you Packerjh!!!. Don't you dare spoil it for me!!! LOL!!!

I haven't read the books. I like my stories with moving pictures LOL. But I heard the timelines are different in the books.
    Every hand is a winner and every hand is a loser.

Series is pretty true to the books. I like how they adapted it, but will be interested to see how they deal with the ever increasing fantasy elements as the books progress. So far the dragons haven't been too cheesy, and I hope they don't go too overboard with the special effects.

I read the first and listened to the rest as audiobooks. Its a great way to get some "reading" in while driving or doing idol things like walking the dog.

If you are starved for more content, the spin-off story, "The Hedge Knight" is a good read and has some great back story that ties into Fire and Ice.

When is the new book due out?

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by fenlon View Post
    Series is pretty true to the books. I like how they adapted it, but will be interested to see how they deal with the ever increasing fantasy elements as the books progress. So far the dragons haven't been too cheesy, and I hope they don't go too overboard with the special effects.

I read the first and listened to the rest as audiobooks. Its a great way to get some "reading" in while driving or doing idol things like walking the dog.

If you are starved for more content, the spin-off story, "The Hedge Knight" is a good read and has some great back story that ties into Fire and Ice.

When is the new book due out?
    GRRM says 2014, but I doubt it. I want to read the Dunk and Egg series, bit I'm waiting for them to come out as one book (with the upcoming 4th installment next year)

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

2014...I hate GRRM right now....bastard!

at least he's still alive. Robert Jordan died right before the finale of his "Wheel of Time" series. Luckily he had a lot of it written or in notes/transcrips so Brandon Sanderson could finish it! The last book of that series is pending right now. I've been reading that series since 1992
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

A great series that managed to become an amazing show. Hes a super busy guy though, so I wouldnt trust any deadline he puts on TWOW, Dance took what like..8 years? Although I've herd HBO has been putting pressure on him to finish up the books.

He's said that if something should happen to him, noone is to complete his series, so unless he changes his mind no Robert Jordan situation to look forward to.