Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

For all you Star Wars fans

This is a discussion on For all you Star Wars fans within the Books forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I have read many Star Wars books and have been disappointed with many of them. But then I came across ...

For all you Star Wars fans

I have read many Star Wars books and have been disappointed with many of them. But then I came across the Darth Bane series. If any of you out there are even mildly interested in Star Wars I highlight recommend that you read this series. They're cheap on Amazon and are very fun reads!

Path of Destruction (Star Wars: Darth Bane, Book 1): Drew Karpyshyn: 9780345477378: Amazon.com: Books

^First book in the series (and the best)

Young Puffer Fish chestrockwell80's Avatar

Re: For all you Star Wars fans

Thank You for the recommendation. I started Timothy Zahn's Star Wars: Heir To The Empire. Have you read his stuff before?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Deadhead Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chestrockwell80 View Post
    Thank You for the recommendation. I started Timothy Zahn's Star Wars: Heir To The Empire. Have you read his stuff before?
    The Heir to the Empire is the first book of the Thrawn Trilogy. I have read most of the Star Wars books out there, and those 3 are by FAR my favorites. I will have to check out the Darth Bane series.

Young Puffer Fish Clevelandpoet's Avatar

I haven't read any of the Star Wars books since I was in High School. I just put a hold on this at the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
    The Heir to the Empire is the first book of the Thrawn Trilogy. I have read most of the Star Wars books out there, and those 3 are by FAR my favorites. I will have to check out the Darth Bane series.
    All this SW's talk has got the force flowing. I think i'm going to head out to the porch and start that Thrawn Trilogy book one again. Thanks Dave

Sweet ..let us know what cha think

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hubby's Avatar

Nice... I havent picked up a Star Wars book in ages... Time to start again.. Thank you for the recommendation, Amazon here I come...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Just1ce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hubby View Post
    Nice... I havent picked up a Star Wars book in ages... Time to start again.. Thank you for the recommendation, Amazon here I come...

Same here. I used to read all of them when I was in high school and really enjoyed them. Then there were so many I couldn't keep up (slow reader here ). My wife just got me the original Star Wars trilogy in a nice looking hardback from Barnes and Noble for father's day, so I have been thinking of picking those up again. Thanks for the recommendation OP!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hubby's Avatar

I know.. They were and still are coming out so fast with so many different story lines and arcs and stuff... Arrgggg.... Why does work interfere with my life!!!! Lol

Stranger ina strange land RTChallenger13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chestrockwell80 View Post
    Zahns are about the only books I can actually stand of the genre. He's an excellent writer on his own and does a fantastic job in that series.
    No storm or heavy weather will rock the boat... the one who will be king, the watcher in the ring......