Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

San Diego: Liberty Tobacco

This is a discussion on San Diego: Liberty Tobacco within the California forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Neighborhood: Kearny Mesa 7341 Clairemont Mesa Blvd San Diego, CA 92111 (85 292-1772 www.libertytobacco.com Been there since 1975 with a ...

San Diego: Liberty Tobacco

Neighborhood: Kearny Mesa
    7341 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
    San Diego, CA 92111
    (85 292-1772
    www.libertytobacco.com

Been there since 1975 with a large assortment of cigars, pipes and supplies. Has indoor TV and an outdoor patio. Has Wi-Fi and a friendly atmosphere. It also has nearby Mexican and Vietnamese eateries. Nice shop.

A review and another review.
    Last edited by galaga; 01-11-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    Still hefing after all these years......

Re: San Diego: Liberty Tobacco

I will bump this one. Liberty is my local hangout, I am there almost 4 days a week. If in San Diego stop on by, friendly staff, great regulars, and a lot of fun.
    [SIZE=3]Senor Mike

Smoke Reviews[/SIZE][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE]

yes, Liberty is very nice. People say hello when you walk in and goodbye when you leave. Card games being constantly played, tv, people always dropping by with something they or their wife baked or cooked at home. Charlie is the owner. He is a great guy. Always having cigar specials during sporting events, or holidays. This last St. patricks day he was giving away stogies if you got up and sang an irish song. Great place.

Newbie in the ocean socalwinegirl's Avatar

This is good info. We live in Temecula and often spend a weekend at the GasLamp District. We'll have to put this place on our "list" of things to do!!

socal

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish SD Beerman's Avatar

Charlie and his crew are the best.....

Full grown Puffer Fish mistabman's Avatar

I stopped by this place when I was in San Diego for work last week. I had a great time smoking a tat brown cojonu 2003. It was a great cigar and a great place. I met some nice people, and even though I had to watch a cubs/astros game on tv, I enjoyed myself. Plus I went to that Vietnamese place mentioned earlier the next day. Good soup!

As an out-of-towner, I was worried about how I was going to get a smoke in that week. With smoking being banned at the hotel, in the rental car, at the beach, in parks, and in bars and restaurants, I don't know what I would have done without this place. Two thumbs up!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Plop007's Avatar

bump.

Yeah this place is awesome.

Whenever anyone is visiting San Diego pay this place a visit it's great.

Nice people.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

I use to frequent them all the time when I lived in San Diego. Great selection and lots of room to smoke.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Bump.

Liberty tobacco is the best here in San Diego

I'll be in SD from the 1st to the 7th. I will have to stop by.

Stopped by liberty today got a few smokes.

Talked to the owner for a bit. Nice people friendly staff

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

There are a lot of good places in San Diego to drop by..including the GasLamp Area. Hoffers is also a great place,,very nice owner.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Maduro?

I live right next to the Del Mar location. Between here and Cbid, it's costing me a fortune. Also, if you sign up for their email list on their website they'll send you a coupon for a free Liberty brand cigar. I don't know whether it's good or not, but it's priced around $4.25. =)

Newbie in the ocean

Liberty Tobacco is a great place. Take it from a local. I have been going here for years and they have good prices on cigars in San Diego too.