Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Los Angeles Area

This is a discussion on Los Angeles Area within the California forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Hey Guys I'll be in Town and I was wondering who had a big Selection of Cigars. I really want ...

Los Angeles Area

Hey Guys I'll be in Town and I was wondering who had a big Selection of Cigars. I really want to get into Non CCs. I found a few spots online

MARTY’S CIGAR & DIVAN
    109 WEST FOOTHILL BLVD
    GLENDORA, CA 91741

Robusto Cigars
    26 N 1st Ave
    Arcadia CA 91006

any other places you recommend ?

ev3

Re: Los Angeles Area

Never been to Robust Cigar, buy you'll have a good experience at Marty's. Friendly staff (owner Rio, Nicky our Jeff are usually behind the counter) and friendly customers. Also in Glendora is Glendora Cigars at 614 Rt. 66. Decent humidor (buy only a 1/4 of what Marty's has) and a large, but sparse, smoking lounge. There's also Cigars By Chivas in Pasadena, but I hear the prices are high.

Young Puffer Fish

I will be down there this coming weekend. I am going to have to check out the Robusto Cigars. Its a couple of blocks from where I used to live lol. The cigar shop in pasadena is expensive since the rent is high over there lol.

ev3

[QUOTEThe cigar shop in pasadena is expensive since the rent is high over there lol.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you know the area well. I'm familiar with Express Tobacco & Cigars in Arcadia at 110 E. Foothill Blvd, but it's just a smoke shop that sells cigars, no lounge. I'll have to check out Robusto Cigars tomorrow because now I'm curious.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by ev3 View Post
    [QUOTEThe cigar shop in pasadena is expensive since the rent is high over there lol.
    Sounds like you know the area well. I'm familiar with Express Tobacco & Cigars in Arcadia at 110 E. Foothill Blvd, but it's just a smoke shop that sells cigars, no lounge. I'll have to check out Robusto Cigars tomorrow because now I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Arcadia. I lived there for 26 years up until I got my job this year and had to relocate to clovis. I am going to check out the arcadia shop this weekend when I am down. Let me know how you like it if you check it out before I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwood View Post
    Sounds like you know the area well. I'm familiar with Express Tobacco & Cigars in Arcadia at 110 E. Foothill Blvd, but it's just a smoke shop that sells cigars, no lounge. I'll have to check out Robusto Cigars tomorrow because now I'm curious.
    I grew up in Arcadia. I lived there for 26 years up until I got my job this year and had to relocate to clovis. I am going to check out the arcadia shop this weekend when I am down. Let me know how you like it if you check it out before I do.[/QUOTE]
    haha I grew up in Arcadia too but was a Temple City Ram cause I lived on Duarte and Sunset/TC Blvd lol

ev3

Stopped by Robusto Cigars today. Met the owner Sam(?) and one if the customers Raul. Both seemed like pretty good guys. The humidor is stocked with familiar/popular brands, but I was glad to see he stocked quite a few lanceros which is one of my favorite formats. I'll definately go back to chill our to get some work done during the week. Friendly atmosphere, so if you make it out, plan to stay a while.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by ev3 View Post
    Stopped by Robusto Cigars today. Met the owner Sam(?) and one if the customers Raul. Both seemed like pretty good guys. The humidor is stocked with familiar/popular brands, but I was glad to see he stocked quite a few lanceros which is one of my favorite formats. I'll definately go back to chill our to get some work done during the week. Friendly atmosphere, so if you make it out, plan to stay a while.
    I will stop in tomorrow. If I had known you where going there today I would have met up with you

ev3

[If I had known you where going there today I would have met up with you.]

No worries. Today was just a quick in and out between running some errands. I'd be available tomorrow after 3pm to hang four awhile. Think I saw a box of original Camacho Criollos on the shelf I wouldn't mind enjoying.

Event at Marty's today at 6pm 2 Cigars 2 beers and food for 25 bucks. I'll check it out if anything

ev3

Git the invite earlier in the week but had to decline... at the airport picking up the wifey. Should be a good time though. Enjoy!!!

Looking at grabbing a smoke today 10/23. Let me know if you want to meet up

I checked out Robusto since it is up the street from me. Not bad if you want a quiet place to smoke. Will hit it up again. As Long as he isn't offended by CCs as sometimes it isn't ok. Rio gives me a hard time about it every time

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshiro View Post
    I checked out Robusto since it is up the street from me. Not bad if you want a quiet place to smoke. Will hit it up again. As Long as he isn't offended by CCs as sometimes it isn't ok. Rio gives me a hard time about it every time
    I was just thinking about a regional thread, but didn't see any posted until you bumped this.

I've been to Marty's once, and it's literally 2 minutes from me. Nice to see that there's at least three of us in the general area, and as a total noob to cigars, I'd like to attend some sort of get together at Marty's!

Quote Originally Posted by mrvrsick View Post
    I was just thinking about a regional thread, but didn't see any posted until you bumped this.

I've been to Marty's once, and it's literally 2 minutes from me. Nice to see that there's at least three of us in the general area, and as a total noob to cigars, I'd like to attend some sort of get together at Marty's!
    My Buddy Lives at Barranca. Let me know and we can go to Martys or if it is at night we can hit up Bishamon on Citrus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast