Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Like Tree1Likes

Vinotemp 101

This is a discussion on Vinotemp 101 within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; What is recommended to use to plug the drain hole? I tried using a foam ear plug but it didn't ...

Re: Vinotemp 101

What is recommended to use to plug the drain hole? I tried using a foam ear plug but it didn't seem to seal well enough with the wire for the fan going through.

I'm pretty sure reading this whole thread just cost me several hundred dollars. And that's before I start filling my future windeador

Puffer Fish with some spikes baust55's Avatar

I found a vino temp 18 I paid $75 you guys think that's an ok price ?

Name:  762733p.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  52.7 KB

Any brothers out there with electronics experience and worked on these? This weekend I replaced the peltier (I have also replaced the controller board) and the strangest thing is happening.

It's like the temperature sensor is right on the cold-side fins. At first I had the peltier in backwards. I matched wire colors as well as facing the side with letter the same as the one I removed. Almost instantly after turning it on the temp readout shot up to 81+ and the fins were definitely hot. After getting that turned around, now the temp gauge shoots down to 54. The cold fins are definitely cold but since the Vino thinks it is 54 inside it turns off the fans, and there is no change in internal temp.

Any ideas here? I can patch the connector pins to a breadboard and an arduino but am not proficient enough with electronics to be sure I wouldn't blow anything up. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

jp

Full grown Puffer Fish Work4Play's Avatar

Damn you guys... I've only been on this forum for a day and now I'm already planning a new wineador build.

Quote Originally Posted by JargonScott View Post
    I'm pretty sure reading this whole thread just cost me several hundred dollars. And that's before I start filling my future windeador

Well, the good news is you will enjoy what you bought and no one will have any cash to fight over later!
    Enjoy life each moment. Each moment is infinitely better with a good cigar.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20