Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Vinotemp 101

This is a discussion on Vinotemp 101 within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by SmokinApe Thanks to the wretched filthy primate known as "munkey", this thread and a sale at Target ...

Awaiting Confirmation

Re: Vinotemp 101

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinApe View Post
    Thanks to the wretched filthy primate known as "munkey", this thread and a sale at Target I now have two Vino's and an angry wife!!!1
    Keep up the good work. Let us know when you get the second wife

That'll really piss off the first one and make her forget about the vinos.

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommark View Post
    Keep up the good work. Let us know when you get the second wife

That'll really piss off the first one and make her forget about the vinos.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Narbs's Avatar

How long does it take for the plastic smell to wear off? I've washed it with soap, baking soda, and have had a bag of cedar chips in there for 24 hours, and left the door open for a couple days and it still seems to smell. Will this mess up my sticks?

Thanks in advance!

Narbs

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinApe View Post
    Thanks to the wretched filthy primate known as "munkey", this thread and a sale at Target I now have two Vino's and an angry wife!!!1
    *looks innocently around*

What did I do?
    Begging won't make it hurt less.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey View Post
    *looks innocently around*

What did I do?
    Your the one who quelled my grave concerns around condensation and plugging the drain! And them to top it off you create a thread chock full of vino tips and tricks...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Anyone notice a temperature difference between the digital read out and inside temperature? I have 3 HydroSet Hygrometers in my Vinotemp that read 70 degrees when the digital read out reads 65 degrees.
    Ever wonder how a puffer fish keeps a cigar lit under water? Yeah me too!

For sure, the temp sensor in the unit doens't seem to be calibrated very well.

I am not a fish!

I have two Vino's, atm one is reading 67 and the other 63. But as long as it is in the ballpark I am happy.
    [SIZE=5]
    [/SIZE]

My hygro reads 67, the VT reads 66. That's close enough for me.

I hope I haven't screwed up big time. I figured it would be easier to remove the drain completely (see post 1) in order to snake my wires through the hole. The plastic nut came off with no problem but in trying to pull the drain out from the inside of the vinotemp with a pair of pliers I have mangled it. I tried to push it from the bottom and got that end of the drain mangled pretty good too. I decided to stop there while I could still get a wire through it.

What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
    I hope I haven't screwed up big time. I figured it would be easier to remove the drain completely (see post 1) in order to snake my wires through the hole. The plastic nut came off with no problem but in trying to pull the drain out from the inside of the vinotemp with a pair of pliers I have mangled it. I tried to push it from the bottom and got that end of the drain mangled pretty good too. I decided to stop there while I could still get a wire through it.

What am I doing wrong?
    Yep, that sounds about right. It's kinda like trying to get an Armadillo out of a hole. The drain is S shaped, and made from flimsy plastic. It appears that they flow the insulation after placing the drain, so you are gonna rip that up getting your wires through. I used a hanger and taped my wires to it to force them through at approx. a 45 degree angle. Some others have widened the exterior hole on the unit to facilitate getting wires through.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzle View Post

What am I doing wrong?
    Don't know, I've heard others take the drain out, but I haven't at this point, just plugged it.

My Vino's temp reading never matches what the actual temp is, it is usually off by 5-8 F. So by setting mine to 60 I usually get temps around 65. I'm thinking the Vino's probe is sitting right on the peltier element or something, because it's definitely not reading right. But no big deal, I compensate for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey View Post
    Yep, that sounds about right. It's kinda like trying to get an Armadillo out of a hole. The drain is S shaped, and made from flimsy plastic. It appears that they flow the insulation after placing the drain, so you are gonna rip that up getting your wires through. I used a hanger and taped my wires to it to force them through at approx. a 45 degree angle. Some others have widened the exterior hole on the unit to facilitate getting wires through.
    Fortunately I was able to get the wires through the drain pipe itself. I just snaked them and did my connections afterward. And I think you are right about the insulaton afterward because as I was pushing and pulling it I could hear the foam ripping. That's when I decide to stop and see if I could still get my wires through the pipe. I don't see how you can get the drain out. If it's shaped like a trap and foamed in, how the hell can you pull it out of there? I'd kind of like to finish the job but maybe I'm better off leaving it well enough alone. I PM'd Chewie to get his take but I haven't heard back from him.

Edit: At least my fan set up works. I'll try to post a picture at some point when it's done but when the fans come on there are blue LED lights on them that light up. Pretty cool. I'm trying to figure out what is going to be the right timer settings for them. Seems the advice is all over the place on that one.

Newbie in the ocean

if anyone knows where i can pick up a VT anywhere in Asia?

i'd be forever grateful

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast