Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

400 count humidor on ebay (NEED HELP ASAP!)

This is a discussion on 400 count humidor on ebay (NEED HELP ASAP!) within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by FNA "360 sticks in it so far." So far? You still have more room? Granted I lose ...

Re: 400 count humidor on ebay (NEED HELP ASAP!)

Quote Originally Posted by FNA View Post
    "360 sticks in it so far."

So far? You still have more room?

Granted I lose some room because I have some boxes, but mine is almost abso full at as I say around 200. Got to get rid of those Puros Indios pyramids i guess.
    I have mostly boxes as well. There are 6 boxes of CC's in there, a box of RP decade robustos. Another box in which I keep about 25 fuente products. I have about 50 or so in the top part of the humi. So yeah, I still have some room. I can probably fit another box and if I am feeling froggy, probably 20 singles. Gotta do the cigar tetris. I took the bottom shelf out and that's were the boxes go so you can create more space.

FNA
    Young Puffer Fish

"There are 6 boxes of CC's ...

a box of RP decade robustos ...

box in which I keep about 25 fuente products...

I have about 50 or so in the top part of the humi."

I don't know what the CCs are, so let's call them 25 to a box. 6 boxes is 150. The RPs bring you to 170; another 25 fuentes is 195. 50 or so makes 245.

245 seems more to me like a 'couple hundred' than it does like 360. Even adding another box and 20 tetrised in singles and we're still a full box from 300 yet.

Just like in the ads - take capacity claims with a grain of salt (and discount by 70%)

Quote Originally Posted by FNA View Post
    "There are 6 boxes of CC's ...

a box of RP decade robustos ...

box in which I keep about 25 fuente products...

I have about 50 or so in the top part of the humi."

I don't know what the CCs are, so let's call them 25 to a box. 6 boxes is 150. The RPs bring you to 170; another 25 fuentes is 195. 50 or so makes 245.

245 seems more to me like a 'couple hundred' than it does like 360. Even adding another box and 20 tetrised in singles and we're still a full box from 300 yet.

Just like in the ads - take capacity claims with a grain of salt (and discount by 70%)
    My last count was around 346. I could recount for you if you'd like. I said that the 50 is just the singles at the top, I have a bunch on the other shelves and about 25 or so on the bottom.

Young Puffer Fish LookAtBigErn82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    My last count was around 346. I could recount for you if you'd like. I said that the 50 is just the singles at the top, I have a bunch on the other shelves and about 25 or so on the bottom.
    I say recount! ..
    Finally, Big Ern is above the law!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curious, what are you guys using for humidification in these?
    Chuckie

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes mrsmitty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Curious, what are you guys using for humidification in these?
    I'm going to be purchasing this and a few fans for mine.

Hydra Electronic Humidifier - Cigars International

Finally decided I'm just going to buy some 1/4 in cedar and just lay a piece of Spanish cedar on each tray for only $30 should be plenty to get that nice cedar smell and help stabilize the humidity.

I got the humidor a couple of weeks ago, lined the entire bottom, backside & top shelve with spanish cedar, lined around both doors with foam insulation, got my hydra humi-care digital humidifier with two fans and it holds humidity pretty well. And I've got it partially full already lol.

And by the way you'd be lucky to get 200 gars in this. Its hard for me to believe otherwise.

Weeeeell, I can see 360 in there, personally, but I'd say that you'd definitely need a different type of humidifier. My father-in-law has the exact same one, (or so it looks) and he's got around 300 so far. He also modified his abit to fit his humidification device beneath it, though, so he may have added space, too.. idk.

Anyways, great pick up.
    Tatuaje/Oliva Whore. Yup-yup.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    And by the way you'd be lucky to get 200 gars in this. Its hard for me to believe otherwise.
    Sure, when your humi devices take up 65% of the space, you'd be very lucky to get 200 sticks in there. What's up with that? I am now inviting anyone who wishes to come over to my house, empty my humi, count the sticks, then put them all back. You will be surprised with the amount of sticks you can get in one of these.

I agree with scottw the humi device is taking up alot room, I use 2 crystal gel 4oz jars to humidify my humidor (I have the same humidor) and it stays around 68 to 71.
    The METAL will NEVER Die!

Quote Originally Posted by mc2712 View Post
    I agree with scottw the humi device is taking up alot room, I use 2 crystal gel 4oz jars to humidify my humidor (I have the same humidor) and it stays around 68 to 71.
    Can you get more than 200 sticks in your humi?

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Can you get more than 200 sticks in your humi?
    I dont have 200 cigars yet, but I'm more then sure I can get 200+ in the humi.
    The METAL will NEVER Die!

Quote Originally Posted by mc2712 View Post
    I dont have 200 cigars yet, but I'm more then sure I can get 200+ in the humi.
    Time to go shopping sir!

Shouldn't you be taking the sticks out of the metal tubes?
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast