Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

400 count humidor on ebay (NEED HELP ASAP!)

This is a discussion on 400 count humidor on ebay (NEED HELP ASAP!) within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; It doesn't say this is "Spanish cedar" but it says "Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Divider" 400 ct CIGAR HUMIDOR ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes mrsmitty's Avatar

400 count humidor on ebay (NEED HELP ASAP!)

It doesn't say this is "Spanish cedar" but it says "Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Divider"

400 ct CIGAR HUMIDOR CABINET END TABLE DISPLAY CASE - eBay (item 380102888608 end time Feb-09-09 08:17:43 PST)

• Holds 300 ~ 400 Cigars
    • Corner Quadrant Hinges
    • Humidifiers and Hygrometer with Brass Frame
    • Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Dividers
    • Scratch Resistant Felt Lined Bottom
    • Flush Carry Handles
    • 19.5 L x 11 W x 15 H

Just wondering if this looks like a ok humidor. I'm interested in buying it tonight just want to get some quick insight. Won't the regular cedar vs. Spanish cedar still do the same thing? And I don't think its real glass I think it's Plexiglas does that make any difference?

5 Rings and Counting hornitosmonster's Avatar

Re: 400 count humidor on ebay (NEED HELP ASAP!)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    It doesn't say this is "Spanish cedar" but it says "Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Divider"

400 ct CIGAR HUMIDOR CABINET END TABLE DISPLAY CASE - eBay (item 380102888608 end time Feb-09-09 08:17:43 PST)

• Holds 300 ~ 400 Cigars
    • Corner Quadrant Hinges
    • Humidifiers and Hygrometer with Brass Frame
    • Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Dividers
    • Scratch Resistant Felt Lined Bottom
    • Flush Carry Handles
    • 19.5 L x 11 W x 15 H

Just wondering if this looks like a ok humidor. I'm interested in buying tonight just want to get some quick insight. Won't the regular cedar vs. Spanish cedar still do the same thing? And I don't think its real glass I think it's Plexiglas does that make any difference?

Don't buy it...It is a junk. I made the mistake of buying one like it about 4 years ago (same seller).

The only cedar in the Humi is the Dividers...not the trays..only the dividers that go in the trays.

It doesn't even have glass...it is Plexiglass..aka cheap plastic.
    Last edited by hornitosmonster; 02-08-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader karmaz00's Avatar

i was going to pull the trigger on the same one before xmass...i decided to my another coolidor instead...plus way more room

I don't know man, my gut reaction is telling me this aint the one. I only have one wood humi besides my vino so I'm no expert on them. Just the fact that they make all those excuses for it not being 100% lined with Spanish Cedar keeps me thinkin they're tying to pull a fast one. Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck with the decision and let us know the outcome either way.

Dog

Quote Originally Posted by karmaz00 View Post
    i was going to pull the trigger on the same one before xmass...i decided to my another coolidor instead...plus way more room
    I was planning on replacing the PLASTIC with glass, and re build most of the inside with Spanish cedar. But were can I buy Spanish cedar? And to make a few racks and shelves what do you think the cost would be for that?

I would go with the cooler but I want something that looks elegant, and so I can show my cigars off lol. I don't mind putting a little work into it.

If it sucks I can always re-sale it on craigslist lol.

5 Rings and Counting hornitosmonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    I was planning on replacing the PLASTIC with glass, and re build most of the inside with Spanish cedar. But were can I buy Spanish cedar? And to make a few racks and shelves what do you think the cost would be for that?

I would go with the cooler but I want something that looks elegant, and so I can show my cigars off lol. I don't mind putting a little work into it.

If it sucks I can always re-sale it on craigslist lol.
    Spanish cedar is pricey. Look around this website for links to good and cheap places for real humidors. You might as well buy quality for a bit more...if you buy this and fix it up it will cost about the same or even more in the end. The one I bought sits in my room as a glorified wallet holder.

I got some great deals on my other Humidors. I now have a 500 count(I'm sure I paid less then $250 for it) . 2 - 100 counts (got in on a great deal some time back -- got them for like $30 each) and a Cooledor in my collection.

You just have to look around and find the deals....Don't settle for junk...

Quote Originally Posted by hornitosmonster View Post
    Spanish cedar is pricey. Look around this website for links to good and cheap places for real humidors. You might as well buy quality for a bit more...if you buy this and fix it up it will cost about the same or even more in the end. The one I bought sits in my room as a glorified wallet holder.

I got some great deals on my other Humidors. I now have a 500 count(I'm sure I paid less then $250 for it) . 2 - 100 counts (got in on a great deal some time back -- got them for like $30 each) and a Cooledor in my collection.

You just have to look around and find the deals....Don't settle for junk...
    Exotic Hardwood Chitswood Sp Cedar 8/4 Board BL91 - eBay (item 350086441370 end time Mar-04-09 03:43:02 PST)

But I'm going to see if any local lumber stores have any Spanish cedar on hand for less. I really wouldn't mind fixing it up myself, it'd feel more personal. I can't find any 400 count humidors comparable for the same price so even if I put another $150 in it I wouldn't mind.

Well at least I know what to expect, thanks fellas for the information.

I have this same humidor, I bought it from the same seller. The humidor is great, holds humidty great. The only thing that bothers me about it are the shelves. I add one spanish cedar tray to one of the shelves and plan on adding 2 more spanish cedar trays to it soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The METAL will NEVER Die!

I ended up buying it, I'm going to be looking at around another $200 for glass and three trays & one shelve by having tom do it, or around $100 doing it myself I just don't know if I trust myself doing it but we'll see. I'll make sure to post back my results either way. I'd have anywhere from $170-270 in the humidor after I'm done so I don't think that's to bad.

Thanks everyone for the help

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

FYI Spanish Cedar isn't even Cedar as it is in the mahogany family.

Cedrela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cedrela odorata is a very important timber tree, producing a lightweight fragrant wood with very good resistance to termites and other wood-boring insects, and also rot-resistant outdoors. The wood is often sold under the name "Spanish-cedar" (like many trade names, confusing as it is neither Spanish nor a cedar), and is the traditional wood used for making cigar boxes, as well as being used for general outdoor and construction work, paneling and veneer wood. Note that it is now CITES -listed. It is also grown as an ornamental tree, and has become naturalized in some areas in Africa, southeast Asia and Hawaii. The other species have similar wood, but are less-used due to scarcity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    FYI Spanish Cedar isn't even Cedar as it is in the mahogany family.

Cedrela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cedrela odorata is a very important timber tree, producing a lightweight fragrant wood with very good resistance to termites and other wood-boring insects, and also rot-resistant outdoors. The wood is often sold under the name "Spanish-cedar" (like many trade names, confusing as it is neither Spanish nor a cedar), and is the traditional wood used for making cigar boxes, as well as being used for general outdoor and construction work, paneling and veneer wood. Note that it is now CITES -listed. It is also grown as an ornamental tree, and has become naturalized in some areas in Africa, southeast Asia and Hawaii. The other species have similar wood, but are less-used due to scarcity.
    Well that's just cause for going to Hawaii. I'll be back with oh about 20 trees let me know if ya need any cedrela.

Thanks for the info.

FNA
    Young Puffer Fish

What's wrong with plexiglass?

I've owned the same humidor illustrated for a couple of years. Works fine. Cost $40 - maybe 35.99. Worst part with e-bay is the shipping - costs more than the product. I think this was around $80 to my door.

Came with only 2 of 3 shelves shown in advertisement; called seller and received shelf (which I don't use) in a couple of days.

Probably holds a couple hundred smokes so I wouldn't invest $200 in it, you'll be breaking the buck a stick rule.

You know, don't pay more than a buck a stick to store your cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by mc2712 View Post
    I have this same humidor, I bought it from the same seller. The humidor is great, holds humidty great. The only thing that bothers me about it are the shelves. I add one spanish cedar tray to one of the shelves and plan on adding 2 more spanish cedar trays to it soon.

I've had one for the last 2 months and it is just fine. Stays at 62-65% RH which is how I like it and I have about 360 sticks in it so far.

FNA
    Young Puffer Fish

"360 sticks in it so far."

So far? You still have more room?

Granted I lose some room because I have some boxes, but mine is almost abso full at as I say around 200. Got to get rid of those Puros Indios pyramids i guess.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast