Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cigar humidor inventory application

This is a discussion on Cigar humidor inventory application within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I haven't had any luck getting Cigar Register to work on my Vista computer yet. I've followed their guidance, but ...

Re: Cigar humidor inventory application

I haven't had any luck getting Cigar Register to work on my Vista computer yet. I've followed their guidance, but it still hasn't worked. I'm leaning more towards an iPhone app anyway, so that I'll have the data with me when I visit a B&M. Right now I'm considering either StogieRate (iPhone version) or Mobile Stogie. If anyone has any experience with either of these, I'd love to hear what you think. I'll consider a Puff humidor tracking app once it's released, but I'm not sure when that will be.

Puffer Fish with some spikes bloominonion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moznmar View Post
    I haven't had any luck getting Cigar Register to work on my Vista computer yet. I've followed their guidance, but it still hasn't worked. I'm leaning more towards an iPhone app anyway, so that I'll have the data with me when I visit a B&M. Right now I'm considering either StogieRate (iPhone version) or Mobile Stogie. If anyone has any experience with either of these, I'd love to hear what you think. I'll consider a Puff humidor tracking app once it's released, but I'm not sure when that will be.
    It worked on my comps with win 7 and xp. I have an Android phone, so the market is very limited for good cigar apps yet. Good luck on the iPhone app.

Thanks for the tip about Bento. I've used Delicious Library before but this is 100x more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by bloominonion View Post
    It worked on my comps with win 7 and xp. I have an Android phone, so the market is very limited for good cigar apps yet. Good luck on the iPhone app.
    I'll try to install Cigar Register again tomorrow, because I would like to give it a try. I think I'll also buy the StogieRate app to check it out. I don't mind supporting it, especially since I really enjoy Doc's podcasts.

Young Puffer Fish Unoriginal Username's Avatar

The other night I had my wife help me inventory my humidors.

I created an excel spread sheet that had brands, styles, wrapper, date aquired (I then added a formula to calculate the amount of time they are in the humi) and shape/size. I did this to help me narrow down what I will smoke of those days when I would normally stand looking inside scratching my head!

I am going to add another section for my ratings so I have future references.

It should work pretty good and was easy to do.

Puffer Fish with some spikes bloominonion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal Username View Post
    The other night I had my wife help me inventory my humidors.

I created an excel spread sheet that had brands, styles, wrapper, date aquired (I then added a formula to calculate the amount of time they are in the humi) and shape/size. I did this to help me narrow down what I will smoke of those days when I would normally stand looking inside scratching my head!

I am going to add another section for my ratings so I have future references.

It should work pretty good and was easy to do.
    That is pretty much what this app does. Apparently if it works, it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by bloominonion View Post
    I tried to install Cigar Register again to no avail. I did find a post on another forum stating that it is not compatible with 64 bit, so that would be my problem. Oh well, I guess it will be Mobile Stogie for me.

Young Puffer Fish

I second the iPhone app. What would be even better is an iPhone app that would sync to your pc so you could access/update the information from both devices regardless of location.

Here's my thoughts on Bento. If you click on the images you can see some of the inventory.

Review: Bento for Mac | TheMacFeed

There will be another review as well for the cigar folk.
    http://twitter.com/charlieminato
    editor, halfwheel.com

Wow. Charlie - that is damn impressive. Would you mind sending me your template?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenW View Post
    Wow. Charlie - that is damn impressive. Would you mind sending me your template?
    Yes. Let me figure out how to export it and clean up some of the errors.

Edit: If anyone wants it. I have it in (Bento, Numbers and Excel) The latter two formats aren't probably worth it IMHO as the beauty of it is largely Bento.

Just e-mail me at charlie(at)themacfeed(d0t)com and tell me which format you want.

If anyone has any suggestions. i thought of adding filler and binder categories, but decided that was too much.
    Last edited by thegoldenmackid; 05-21-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    editor, halfwheel.com

Puffer Fish with many spikes

I need to check some programs out way to many singles trying to figure what I have is a bear

SCUBA Chimp

That takes all the fun out of looking through your collection and finding those treasures that you forgot you had. It's like Christmas morning all over again!!!

I used to put colored stickers on my cigars to denote the year they were purchased. Now I just stash new sticks in the bottom boxes of my cooler. When the desktop gets low, I pull some more from the top boxes of my cooler. Almost everything I smoke has a couple years of rest now.

Besides, if my buddies knew my inventory they'd start looting all my good sticks.

When I start barcoding and using an actual barcode machine, I'll know I've gone too far. I enough sticks to still make going in the humidor like Christmas morning.
    editor, halfwheel.com

Young Fish

w0w just installed Bento, can I get the template will do me great job! I had my cigars listed on my iPhone but I messed it up so I guess I have now an useless iPhone.

Why don't you upload templates somewhere and post the link ?
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast