Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cigar Box Clock Project

This is a discussion on Cigar Box Clock Project within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I had seen these cigar box clocks on eb@y for anywhere from $25-50. I thought to myself, I want one ...

Cigar Box Clock Project

I had seen these cigar box clocks on eb@y for anywhere from $25-50. I thought to myself, I want one of those!! But wasn't about to fork out that kind of money for one.

I was discussing this with one of my fellow BOTLs and he said "I want one made out of a VSG Box that he had" He said he would give me another VSG box to make me one out of and a few smokes as payment. DEAL!

So here is the finished products. I have a a few more boxes to make for a few more friends to. I'll post up pics of those soon.

If anyone is interested in one, let me know, and maybe we will work out a deal or something on one.

Full grown Puffer Fish Wild 7EVEN's Avatar

Re: Cigar Box Clock Project

Nice work Shawn! I assume you will put one in the new mancave when its done?

Edit: Just read the update. Good luck with the zoning commision too!

Very nice. I love beautiful clocks. My dad is a car collector and we took a drill press to a vintage hubcap with similar results for his father's day gift. He loved it. These look every bit as good as his did. Did you freehand them or use a drill press?
    If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us. - Hermann Hesse

I saw those on ebay and thought the same thing. I never made one, but it's cool to see it done. Enjoy it!

The zoning commission should approve my plans for the addition, if not I can loose about 3ft off a wall and not worry with them.

I used just an ordinary cordless drill. I started with a center puch mark and used a few smaller drill bits until i got to the size I needed so I didn't crack or split the wood.

These look really good. Great job! I will keep this in mind next time I get a box I really like.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Tarks's Avatar

Cool idea! Good work.

Nice work, Shawn!!

Did ya ever start on that box that closes itself? LOL!! I loved that thing.
    This Space For Rent

Quote Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
    Nice work, Shawn!!

Did ya ever start on that box that closes itself? LOL!! I loved that thing.
    No, not yet.

Though it was on my mind when I was making these. I may have found a box that will work nicely (CAO Cameroon) but its going to be a clock for another BOTL....

If I can get my hands on a box similar to that, I will attempt it. I got the parts breakdown. just gotta get off my arse and sit down and plan it all out.

That's real cool. Nice job
    This is my signature!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Nice work - great project! Cigar boxes are so beautiful - it's cool to see someone taking advantage of that.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

What a great idea!

I got several nice boxes...Hmmm......

Jim

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Aficionado82's Avatar

Very nice work

No longer a community member.

Nice Shawn, Can ya tell time without the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Nice Shawn, Can ya tell time without the numbers?
    No.... thats why I have a cell phone with a digital clock on it!!! Silly!!

I think next time I will see about getting a darker colored hand for the lighter colored boxes and use the gold on a dark box I'm making (Alec Bradley Family Blend) for the B&M that gives me the boxes. Its going to be a suprize and a nice "thankyou" to them They have gave me alot of free smokes and boxes, its the least I could do beside the "Thanks a bunch" I always tell them after they say don't worry about it after i offer to pay for them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast