Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

The "Take a pic of your Coolidor" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Take a pic of your Coolidor" Thread within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Well looking around I see a thread of pics of amazing botl's humidors. But instead of coolidor owners sifting through ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader NoShhhSherlock's Avatar

The "Take a pic of your Coolidor" Thread

Well looking around I see a thread of pics of amazing botl's humidors. But instead of coolidor owners sifting through that giant thread for pics of coolidors, or noobs who are searching for some ideas of a coolidor setup. I figured why not start a thread for coolidors?! I have posted my coolidor in the other thread but I will start it off.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish socapots's Avatar

Re: The "Take a pic of your Coolidor" Thread

damn good idea man.
    RGup for sure man.
    now where did i put that pic. lol.

found the edit button this time.. lol.
    only the top 2 boxes contain cigars.
    Bottoms ones just there to support Stable RH,
    Not sure how much KL is there. Id guess a pound and a half...
    And the other thinggy at the bottom is a floral sponge (those green things) in a plastic container with holes. sponge is saturated with Distilled water.
    Holding.. 65 (just checked it) been like that for the last few however long it stabilized.

and another edit:
    shelves are made of a linen rack bought from Home depot for like 12 bucks. cut it up, slide them in. and away you go.
    Last edited by socapots; 05-30-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Nice... I'm checking a cooler right now to ensure I put enough water, but not too much, on the KL. Wanting to see what will work when my humidor fills up. Let the pictures roll in and the ideas pile up

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish carpenter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by socapots View Post
    damn good idea man.
    RGup for sure man.
    now where did i put that pic. lol.
    agreed!!! especially with many people around here needing to step up to coolidors (me being on of them). Can't wait for all the new ideas. I too will be adding RG.

Looks good! i cant wait to get myne and start it. im thinking about posting up a build log type thing unboxing vids and pics and what not but im not sure.

Good Idea Cigar lover! I'd like to see how you set it up and the steps taken!

And thanks for the bump guys, there is so many threads about coolidors on this site. And pictures are scattered all over. I figure why not put it in to one thread, So when we search we can find it all in one place for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlockholms View Post
    Good Idea Cigar lover! I'd like to see how you set it up and the steps taken!

And thanks for the bump guys, there is so many threads about coolidors on this site. And pictures are scattered all over. I figure why not put it in to one thread, So when we search we can find it all in one place for the most part.
    thanks man! il defintaly do it now. i probably may do just pics and some vid's not sure! its going to be interesting. i was going to make the same thread but you beat me to it.

hmm..
    thought there would be more interest then that.

Quote Originally Posted by socapots View Post
    hmm..
    thought there would be more interest then that.
    The idea is revolutionary! Ideas as big as a coolidor thread take time to catch on. But when it does it's like Biometric Jazz man.

Socapots what's the brand of your cooler with ridges in them for the shelves..?

At my local Canadian Tire they only have cooler brands without a groove for shelves.. Might have to give a look at my local Walmart maybe.

U say Liga I say Privada dragonhead08's Avatar

I want to be a member of this club someday.

Puffer Fish with some spikes MattNJ's Avatar

got 2 more trays and more boxes since then

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
    Socapots what's the brand of your cooler with ridges in them for the shelves..?

At my local Canadian Tire they only have cooler brands without a groove for shelves.. Might have to give a look at my local Walmart maybe.
    if its easy to get to the states to get one id recommend trying that first. They are wayyyyy cheaper down there.
    The cooler i got is a coleman 100Qt. I think its call extreme something.. used to be called marine, but ive been told they dont make them anymore. Oddly enough i think they are still on the coleman Canada site.

I also saw igloo 100ish qt coolers at costco. The spaces for the shelves are not as deep (they only go half way the depth of the cooler, coleman goes the full depth)

both the igloo and coleman were about the same price (100ish, give or take 20 bucks)

personally i did not find anything bigger then a 75 at walmart. And i cant remember if it had the space for shelves or not.

and if you are calling around.. call them dividers.. not shelves. one place thought i was off my rocker wanting a cooler for cigar.. let alone one that size.. lol

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Mine seems so disordered compared to you guys. Didn't I already post these:

They are messy, in honor of the storage style of our hero, shuckins. Without the ridge for the cedar shelves added on, I wouldn't like this cooler near as much.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast