Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by CigarHog Very nice Wineador. I just had an investation of beetles due to it being so hot ...

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Quote Originally Posted by CigarHog View Post
    Very nice Wineador. I just had an investation of beetles due to it being so hot in LA and cannot afford to keep my house at 70 degrees. I am thinking of building myself one.
    Let me know how I can help bro

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    Let me know how I can help bro
    whats up bro, just got my new air yesterday. had it airing out and wiping it down today.
    left it on for the past 4 hours and the temp hasnt gone down at all. its about 75 in my place where it is and hasn't dropped below 79 in the unit.
    does it just need to be on for a longer time to get the temp down or should i be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldfire1o25 View Post
    whats up bro, just got my new air yesterday. had it airing out and wiping it down today.
    left it on for the past 4 hours and the temp hasnt gone down at all. its about 75 in my place where it is and hasn't dropped below 79 in the unit.
    does it just need to be on for a longer time to get the temp down or should i be worried?

Do you have a separate thermometer that you can put inside the unit to verify the inside temp? I notice mine usually ran cooler than what the external display noted. Just a suggestion before you go too far on it and realize it may have been shipped to you in less than working order.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Do you have a separate thermometer that you can put inside the unit to verify the inside temp? I notice mine usually ran cooler than what the external display noted. Just a suggestion before you go too far on it and realize it may have been shipped to you in less than working order.
    yea thanks i do have 3 of my hygrometers from my desktops in there and they all read 3 degrees less than what external display reads.
    its at 81f now and my hygros read 78f.. REALLY frustrating. if my main reason for getting this wasnt the temp control id keep it but im gonna have to get a replacement. theres no excuse for the internal temp to be climbing while its on max cool..... sorry for rambling..

yea thanks i do have 3 of my hygrometers from my desktops in there and they all read 3 degrees less than what external display reads.
    its at 81f now and my hygros read 78f.. REALLY frustrating. if my main reason for getting this wasnt the temp control id keep it but im gonna have to get a replacement. theres no excuse for the internal temp to be climbing while its on max cool..... sorry for rambling..
    Naw Brother, you're not rambling. I just wanted to make sure that we're working on isolating the problem. Making sure its a broken cooling element rather than a busted thermometer display. I would consider sending it back...

Is it in direct sunlight or something??? I'm running out of thoughts besides its busted. Sorry.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Naw Brother, you're not rambling. I just wanted to make sure that we're working on isolating the problem. Making sure its a broken cooling element rather than a busted thermometer display. I would consider sending it back...

Is it in direct sunlight or something??? I'm running out of thoughts besides its busted. Sorry.
    thanks, yea no other reasons i must have just got a bad one. i sent customer service a wild email and ill call them tomorrow to see what they have to say for themselves!

thanks, yea no other reasons i must have just got a bad one. i sent customer service a wild email and ill call them tomorrow to see what they have to say for themselves!
    My buddy Pietro had a similar problem with his edgestar. After a few days, temp went down, and now it's stable at 66 Fahrenheit. Let it sit and work over the weekend and try to keep it closed as much as possible

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Ya I wish I could help you on that one brother!

Maybe try what Danny said.... it's the weekend anyway so you wont be able to send anything back till Monday anyway..... let it run and see if it stabilizes at some point.

It was 100 plus outside and 78 in my house when I got my NewAir and it got 66 in no time .... and yes for the most part when its set to 66 its about 3 odd degrees off.... nine runs around 68-69 when its set at the highest 66 level.

Shouldn't take more than a few hours to get to that level though.

Let us know..... sorry this is happening bro, I have zero patience for new stuff and when it comes in to me not working, damaged, or something wrong I hate it.

Hope it all works out.... if you got it from Air and Water they will for sure take care of you though.... they seem to have great customer service from what I have read.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Vitulla View Post
    My buddy Pietro had a similar problem with his edgestar. After a few days, temp went down, and now it's stable at 66 Fahrenheit. Let it sit and work over the weekend and try to keep it closed as much as possible
    ok thanks ill give it a try.
    i have to wait for a response from customer service witch most likely wont happen till monday. just seems crazy that the temp would rise while turned on. ill post a status report monday

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

They may have assembled this unit wrong. If the peltier unit is backwards it will heat the unit instead of cool
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    They may have assembled this unit wrong. If the peltier unit is backwards it will heat the unit instead of cool
    i really was thinking this was the case. the air that i feel blowing out of the reas and side vents feels noticeably cooler than the air blowing in.

this morning i put a tupperware of ice packs on the bottom with a hygrometer that is accurate to try to pre cool the inside before i turned it on. after about 3 hours the hygro reads 63f. great! so i took the tupperware out and plugged it in. its now 4 hours later and the hygro reads 74f.
    im gonna leave it running anyway just to what happens but i have no hope.

Puffer Fish with some spikes stock93pgt's Avatar

i think i am going to do this very soon, if things go right here.

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

Since it's new I would make then replace it andcover shipping but it's not a real hard fix to switch the peltier unit around.

Basically you just remove the back, disconnect the power leads for the fans and temp sensor, remove the outside fan, remove the screws that hold the heat sink assembly to the vino, pull the unit out, remove the inside fan, remove the screws that hold the heat sinks together, pull the sinks apart and carefully pull the peltier unit off (it's held on bh thermal compound), flip the peltier around and reassemble...doesn't that sound easy :-)

That's what I had to do when I was fixing my vt12teds and put the peltier unit in backwards!! Easy as pie and my cooler works.

BTW. I would have never tried this if it weren't for the $12 vinotemp thread posted earlier!

Now I'm looking for a larger broken thermoelectric unit to use!
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    Since it's new I would make then replace it andcover shipping but it's not a real hard fix to switch the peltier unit around.

Basically you just remove the back, disconnect the power leads for the fans and temp sensor, remove the outside fan, remove the screws that hold the heat sink assembly to the vino, pull the unit out, remove the inside fan, remove the screws that hold the heat sinks together, pull the sinks apart and carefully pull the peltier unit off (it's held on bh thermal compound), flip the peltier around and reassemble...doesn't that sound easy :-)

That's what I had to do when I was fixing my vt12teds and put the peltier unit in backwards!! Easy as pie and my cooler works.

BTW. I would have never tried this if it weren't for the $12 vinotemp thread posted earlier!

Now I'm looking for a larger broken thermoelectric unit to use!
    thanks bro but thats beyond my level, ill just have them ship me a new one when i talk to them on monday. prob have another week or 2 before my trays and stuff from wineadors dot com get here anyway.

It doesn't sound to me like the peltier unit is backwards. I would guess that their is something wrong with the control board. Since this is a new unit the only sensible approach in my opinion would be to get it exchanged. It stinks but unfortunately things like this happen. Good luck.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast