Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; @ Maxsi , Simon I can't seem to PM you until your post numbers increase. Get introducing yourself.........

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

@Maxsi , Simon I can't seem to PM you until your post numbers increase. Get introducing yourself......

Newbie in the ocean

Newair AW180E
    awesome Craig, many thx.
    Did you have any issues on setup of the winey or pretty straight forward.
    Shropshire btw, not ideal for popping round, cheers.

Newbie in the ocean

&
    I notice for your pictures that the bottom drawer front is bigger, is it the same depth drawer but with the extended false part ?
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Maxsi View Post
    &
    I notice for your pictures that the bottom drawer front is bigger, is it the same depth drawer but with the extended false part ?
    Thx
    Exactly that. Same depth, just wider front covering the bowl of Heartfelt beads in the bottom.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish drb124's Avatar

I have posted in this thread before and have found good info as well when making my move to the New Air unit. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a problem with one of my units and it is looking as if I am going to have to make a repair. My thermostat is wildly inaccurate to the point of being useless. It is showing 56 when it is 68-69 in the cooler. This leads to a lack of efficient cooling. Essentially this means, that at the least I need to replace the thermostat. I have taken the back off of the unit so I assume the thermostat is within the internal fan module. If anyone can give me any detailed information on how to get to and/or replace the thermostat, that would be great. Also if anyone knows where to get parts for the 280E. I have an email in to air-n-water, so that may pan out. Thanks for the help.

Young Puffer Fish

If you guys lurk on Craiglist long enough in a metro area you can get a Newair AW-280E for a good price: Got mine for 100 on C-list: Thanks everyone for the great pics and info: Looks like a fun project:

Young Fish

Nice stash!

Are these trays from cheaphumidors? My 280E is full now and thinking to get another 280 with cheaper drawer setup.....

Thanks for your time

Full grown Puffer Fish Horsefeathers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drb124 View Post
    If anyone can give me any detailed information on how to get to and/or replace the thermostat, that would be great. Also if anyone knows where to get parts for the 280E. I have an email in to air-n-water, so that may pan out. Thanks for the help.
    Did you ever get a response on replacement parts? I got a 280E for Christmas (from my wife, who is awesome), but it's missing one of the adjustable feet.

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pachila View Post
    Nice stash!

Are these trays from cheaphumidors? My 280E is full now and thinking to get another 280 with cheaper drawer setup.....

Thanks for your time
    Yes the trays are from Cheaphumidors.com

light it up n take a puff acts541's Avatar

Just got my 280 today, will have the drawers from Forrest in a few weeks. I noticed someone in the thread commented they put a rubber cap over the drain hole inside the unit. I like that idea over caulking it, does anyone one know what size or where to find those kind of caps? Thanks!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Hoosier Daddy's Avatar

That might've been me because that's what I did. I got mine in an assorted size pack for a couple of bucks at Napa Auto Parts. Any auto parts store would probably have what you're looking for.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by acts541 View Post
    Just got my 280 today, will have the drawers from Forrest in a few weeks. I noticed someone in the thread commented they put a rubber cap over the drain hole inside the unit. I like that idea over caulking it, does anyone one know what size or where to find those kind of caps? Thanks!!
    try an ace hardware or the likes. they typically have about every size cap/plug/cork. sorry i dont know the size on a 280. my mini wineador i just caulked it. easy to remove later if need be too.

Maturing Puffer Fish

I'm just curious....does that tiny little drain hole leak humidity?

I haven't bothered to plug it and my 280E seems to be holding humidity fine enough here in the dry depths of winter.

Anyone actually experimented....plugged vs. non-plugged?

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeerBreath View Post
    I'm just curious....does that tiny little drain hole leak humidity?

I haven't bothered to plug it and my 280E seems to be holding humidity fine enough here in the dry depths of winter.

Anyone actually experimented....plugged vs. non-plugged?
    In winter you might benefit due to low humidity, but I've found in PA even in the summer I get condensation when running..

I also plugged my drain hole right away but had drilled a hole to run lights in, and at a rougly 1/2 inch diameter I did have a big loss in RH during winter, but not so much during summer. (rh at my apt right now is ~38% so it sucks out moisture) so I had to plug those access holes as well, even though I was still technically needing them open. my Wineador has since stabilized.

Hope this helps.
    -Erik
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

light it up n take a puff acts541's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    That might've been me because that's what I did. I got mine in an assorted size pack for a couple of bucks at Napa Auto Parts. Any auto parts store would probably have what you're looking for.
    Awesome, thanks bro!

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast