Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I keep hearing about All These NewAir's but NO PICS??? Pics or they never happened!...

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

I keep hearing about All These NewAir's but NO PICS???

Pics or they never happened!

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    I keep hearing about All These NewAir's but NO PICS???

Pics or they never happened!

This
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Maturing Puffer Fish

Waiting on drawers, but I just got word they should ship this coming week.

Once I have them in I'll be sure to put up pics!

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    I just placed my order for my new NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wine Cooler to turn into my new Windeador!!!

There are many threads with builds dedicated to Vino and Edgestar but nothing that I could find on the NewAir thats very detailed. Since this unit is being talked about and is going for such a great price I thought for us new guys interested in getting into a wineador this thread would help if anyone is thinking of purchasing this specific unit.

I got this unit from Air and Water (seems to be a very reputable company and has great customer service) on their eBay website for $175.22 (They are located in California so if you live in CA. add $13.58 for tax) with Free Shipping!

Here is a link to their direct website and also to their eBay store online:
    AW-280E NewAir 28 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler With Touch Screen and LED Light
    AIR and WATER items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Once this unit arrives I will journal my progress with updates and pictures. I will be using certain items in this unit as far as humidity control, air flow, temp and Rh gauging, drawers / shelves and etc. and will be specifying what I use, where its purchased from and the price it was bought for.

I hope this thread helps others in assisting them with their NewAir 28 build as well.

There are few members that have a NewAir 28 unit here on Puff and I urge them to please come in on this thread and post pictures and suggestions as well throughout this threads progress.

I look forward to updating this thread with pictures and progress and please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Chris (falconman515)

Thanks for this thread. Between this thread and another one I got all the information I needed to make a decision and purchase a wineador. Although I'm impatient and ordered the CC-280. I just started my own thread with p

NewAir CC-280E 400 Count Cigar Cooler Came In!

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Thanks for this thread. Between this thread and another one I got all the information I needed to make a decision and purchase a wineador. Although I'm impatient and ordered the CC-280. I just started my own thread with p

NewAir CC-280E 400 Count Cigar Cooler Came In!
    Glad my thread could help brother ... your build looks great ... keep the pics and updates coming!

First post on here but had to say great thread and lots of great info and great looking Wineadors as well. Have been wanting to do one of these for quite a while now and finally took the plunge. Decided to go with the CC-280e since it comes with shelves and drawers already. I may decide to order a couple more pieces but for now this will allow me to get started and not have to order the cooler and drawers/shelves separately and then wait impatiently for them to arrive.

The unit should be here next week and I already have some cigars to go into it and just grabbed two 10 packs of RP Vintage 1990 Torpedoes as well. The wineador is an early BDay present to myself and with any money I do get for my BDay later this month I will be getting some sticks to stock this bad boy. Hopefully can get a few boxes of stuff I know I like and some five packs of stuff I've been wanting to try as well.

Once again, great thread and looking forward to joining the Wineador ranks.

PS - Got the cc-280e on the Air and Water site and they are showing 2 left in stock as of right now. If you are quick enough to grab one and use the code july4 it will knock 25% off the price. Was able to get it for just $337 after the discount and it includes free shipping. Hopefully someone who has been wanting to get one can snag one of the last two at a killer price.

Puffer Fish with many spikes WNYTony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyv723 View Post
    First post on here but had to say great thread
    Some would say legendary !

Ok - now that I've harassed @falconman515 back to the original post

Welcome fellow western New Yorker ! I'm south of you by 2 hours - always great to see someone from the area on Puff.

Great pickup and great way to jump in. You won't be waiting on drawers as I was for nearly 3 months (but it was worth it) and can get it right up and running. See how it goes and you can always order more drawers if you want to. Wish the 280e would have been in stock when I did mine.

RP Vintage 1990's - great sticks. Since you are new to the site - check out the NOOB PIF and NOOB Sampler trade threads. It's a great way to pick up some new smokes to try and meet some people.

Very nice tip on the 25% off - that will help out some BOTL's who are on the fence.

Welcome and very nice job on your first post.
    No cigar until you get a par - birdie if it's a scramble !

Thanks for the warm welcome and yes the thread is quite Legen wait for it... Dary. Thanks for the heads up on the PIF and Trade threads and will check them out. Really looking forward to getting the Winedor in next week and getting it up and running. Already got some promo deal emails for my BDay so planning my stocking strategies ahead of time lol. Been pretty much only smoking pipes for over a year now so will be nice to get back into Cigars more again too.

It's herrrrrrrreeeeeee...

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!-280e1.jpg
    falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!-280e3.jpg

Glad to have finally gotten one of these and one added benefit to getting the CC version of the 280e that comes with the shelves, besides not having to wait to get them made, is that the inside already has the nice cedar smell. I know a lot of people mention the bad plastic smell with these but nothing but cedar in this one. Now comes the fun part of filling it which will start next week because still waiting on the rest of what I need. It shall definitely be fun though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesome stuff. Real nice. ! Congrats guys !
    Kitty Litter Convert #KL1245

falconman I have one that is suppose to be on its way do you mind if I tag on my pics here? Hate to start a thread for another build. Tried to pm you but could find it.

Figured I'd post up here since this is the most popular aw280e thread and didnt want to clutter the forum. I built my aw280e wineador 2 years ago after seeing this thread and its worked great up until a month ago. The unit is not cooling. The fans run and the temp readout shows its cooling down to the temp I select but you can tell there isnt cool air in the unit nor does my hygrometers temp reading show the temp change. I've contacted air-n-water and have had them send me a new pc board and 2 new cooling units with no luck. I cant imagine i've gotten all defective parts but i'm starting to wonder. Anyone have any other ideas as to what I could check? The unit is only 2 years old and its normally only on 3 or 4 months a year

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

@sum12nv
    Not to many things it can be. If you have a DVM it takes just a few minutes to identify the culprit. TEC, Control Board, Front panel. First thing I would check is to see if there is VDC going to the TEC as most of the time thats what bites it and they are fairly easy and inexpensive to replace.
    You will be better off I think if you do go ahead and post a new topic or PM a Mod to split this one as a lot of folks will overlook it hidden in here.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Hi having the same issue with my winador new air 280e had it a little over 2 yrs now and my digital temp on the unit reads 61 degrees and inside the unit my 3 digi hydros temp reads 65 degrees and I have the unit turned all the way up to 66. I think my temp board is bad the thermostat part on the board. I allied new air also and they think I need anew circuit boar but they are out of stock on them seems like they have problems with the board. Hey rob not to be stupid but what is a vdc you mentioned?. I jus bought a new koldfront 28 bottle unit and am in the process of changing everything over and adding a lot of new stuff love the hobby lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sum12nv View Post
    Figured I'd post up here since this is the most popular aw280e thread and didnt want to clutter the forum. I built my aw280e wineador 2 years ago after seeing this thread and its worked great up until a month ago. The unit is not cooling. The fans run and the temp readout shows its cooling down to the temp I select but you can tell there isnt cool air in the unit nor does my hygrometers temp reading show the temp change. I've contacted air-n-water and have had them send me a new pc board and 2 new cooling units with no luck. I cant imagine i've gotten all defective parts but i'm starting to wonder. Anyone have any other ideas as to what I could check? The unit is only 2 years old and its normally only on 3 or 4 months a year
    A few questions, did the peltiers arrive as a complete unit or did you have to take apart and change the pads? If you changed the pads, did you put heat sink compound on, and did you verify you put it in cold side facing in towards the cabinet?

If you did all this, and you are sure you are good on peltier and board installation then time to look at your thermistor.

I havent seen the one Newair uses, but it will have two wires and be in close proximity to the peltiers. Some thermistor's are small silver cylinder type like a small tube. Others may be a small black tip with the two wires coming out of it.
    Most likely this is what has failed. Thermistors work off of resistance to tell the board the temp. Over time thermistors become weak and fail to give proper resistance readings. When this happens the board thinks its cool enough and fails to send signal to the peltiers to start working. Just the opposite happens at times as well and the unit over cools dropping temps to the point of freezing.
    The fans are seperate from the cooling circuit. I have noticed with my Newair that the fans run constant regardless of if peltiers are engaged or not.

If you have not thrown out your old parts dont. They may be still fine.

And like Rob says, you may want to start a whole new thread.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast