Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by jordanwimb Looking good, mang! Excited to see it finished! Mu plan was to be able to order ...

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Quote Originally Posted by jordanwimb View Post
    Looking good, mang! Excited to see it finished!
    Mu plan was to be able to order Forrests (Wineador) drawers and shelves very soon but I am going to have to wait on them.

For now I am just sticking with the metal racks and using the Spanish cedar trays I got from Cheaphumidors (Cheap Humidors Cedar Cigar Tray with Divider).

I have 2 of them (its the two in the last picture above in the middle) already from my small 8 bottle wine cooler... the NewAir has 7 levels so I will be using the bottom level for my KL and fans and the remaining 6 for the trays

My plan is to buy 4 more (total of 6) and use that for time being till I can afford Forrests drawers system.... then the 6 trays I have at some point the wine cooler will be too full and if that happens I will be buying a Coolerdor set-up and use the 6 trays in my large 100+quart cooler.

So I placed my order for the Oust fans, another Caliber III hygro and 4 more trays.

At that point the build will be done for the moment and put on hold till I get the drawers system.

I will update with all findings as far condensation, KL and Rh, etc. as this goes along.

Thanks for watching guys and I sure hope this thread helps out a future BOTL.

FYI for those looking to make the purchase of this 28 Bottle NewAir Wine Cooler on Air N Waters eBay website (best Price around $175 Shipped).

When you make a purchase on eBay a lot of electronics qualify for a 3rd party warranty.

When you place an order on their direct webiste they carry the same warranty there but its through RepairMaster and their 3 Year Extended Warranty Runs $59.99 extra.

Now if you purchase through their eBay site (which is a big price difference between their regular site as far as pricing... for sure get it on eBay) you will receive an email saying your purchase qualifies for a 3 year extended warranty via SquareTrade (very reputable company from what I have heard and read) for $49.99.

So there is a savings on a 3 year warranty here for $10 .... BUT I am sure you will get the same email I got..... I placed the order a week ago and today I received an updated Squaretrade email stating looks "looks like you haven't taken advantage of the extended warranty we have to offer, if your still interested here is a 20% coupon code for your 3 year extended warranty.

Now the 3 year Warranty to add is only $39.99

Here is the details when you click on the coupon code:

Covered Item:
    new 28 bottle wine refrigerator chiller cellar c item
    Coverage Length:
    3 years of Extended Coverage more
    Coverage Details:
    100% Parts & Labor - Zero Deductibles.
    Care Plan Price:
    $49.99
    Your Price after 20% Discount $39.99
    Buy Risk Free:
    Transfer or cancel at any time

So all in all for this cooler with a 3 Year Extended Warranty it would only cost you total shipped: $215.21 !!!

If you purchased this on Air N Waters Website (at the current sale price right now) with the RepaiMaster 3 year warranty your total would be $263.90

That's a $48.69 savings. and cheaper than any other cooler on the market without a warranty.

Just thought I would pass this info on in case you are thinking of taking the plung.... This unit seems to be a great unit so far, looks amazing, has all the things all other coolers have for half the price.... and with a 3 year warranty.... You can have peace of mind knowing if it dies out on in your in a couple years your covered for a Brand New one or your money back!

Not a bad deal I would say!

Just ordered another 4 cheaphumidor Spanish Cedar trays and another Caliber III Digital Hygrometer (so I can have one at the bottom and top to make sure Rh is even).

I will update with pictures once they arrive (and get seasoned for a few days) and get put in the cooler with the new hygro.

2 wine coolers with all $10 Cheaphumidor Trays!

Found a thread talking about the cheaphumidor trays for coolerdors and also saw a guy using them in his wine coolers as well.

another thing I found using these trays as well is that normally you use the bottom shelf for beads/KL but these trays aren't as deep as drawer system so there is plenty of room behind them to lay some media bags of KL horizontally and you wont see the beads at all...which in turn frees up the bottom shelf for a 7th tray!!! That what this guy did... he has small trays of beads behind like every other tray and they cant be seen at all... its shown in picture 2.

I wanted to post it cause this is a good cheap route to start and though I am using the trays I never thought about installing handles as well so they can be easily grabbed and pulled off the shelf.

Check it out.... I think I may go look for a some cheap handles and do this (not a huge fan of the black but I want to try and find handles that match the handle on the front of the NewAir door.... that would look cool!

Last edited by falconman515; 08-16-2011 at 04:22 AM.

BOTL

Jealous of you living in CA, maybe that tax was worth it. Mine should be arriving today.

I can't wait to get one of these.

Young Puffer Fish

Do you need all of those drawers? I have two boxes with singles in them, the rest are all in their original boxes- it was much more space efficient for me to stick with shelves and use boxes for storage.

I figure that way, you don't get too much air circulation, so they will age better.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanerPA View Post
    Do you need all of those drawers? I have two boxes with singles in them, the rest are all in their original boxes- it was much more space efficient for me to stick with shelves and use boxes for storage.

I figure that way, you don't get too much air circulation, so they will age better.
    Being new mostly all of my stuff thus far is single (as I think most new guys would have) So I decided to make this entire cooler nothing but trays for singles, 5 packs and mazos.

Now when I get to a point where I start finding the sticks I like and start buying boxes at that point this thing will be full I'm sure then I will moving over to a coolerdor for the boxed stuff.

At this time though the more trays the better for me but some may be different... if that the case then they can just maybe order 2, 3, 4 trays and use the remaining cooler for boxes!

This si just the option I decided to go with but there are tons of configurations and however you decide to set yours up is up to you.

This thread is for suggestions and to show I built mine so yes all those trays are needed.

Young Fish

Casey, where are your drawers from?

Thanks

Puffer Fish with some spikes Casey Jones's Avatar

Forrest (Wineador) made them.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    Being new mostly all of my stuff thus far is single (as I think most new guys would have) So I decided to make this entire cooler nothing but trays for singles, 5 packs and mazos.

Now when I get to a point where I start finding the sticks I like and start buying boxes at that point this thing will be full I'm sure then I will moving over to a coolerdor for the boxed stuff.

At this time though the more trays the better for me but some may be different... if that the case then they can just maybe order 2, 3, 4 trays and use the remaining cooler for boxes!

This si just the option I decided to go with but there are tons of configurations and however you decide to set yours up is up to you.

This thread is for suggestions and to show I built mine so yes all those trays are needed.
    Hey no big deal, just giving some feedback because I found that I need more shelf space and less drawers if anything.

I've got one space nearly full in my cooler, can maybe fit three or four more boxes tops and I'll have to get a NewAir myself.

If the fans are too loud and you don't mind the warranty issue I would be willing to help you swap them out with quiet ones. I have done this a lot with computers because I can't stand the noise. I might even have some free ones depending on the size you need.

Regarding the earlier comments on how the thermoelectric work they are active cooling devices. The difference is that they work on a much lower temperature differential than a compressor based unit. This gives them a max cooling ability of about 30 deg max under ambient best case.

Regarding the fan running on high or low they are designed that way on purpose. If it is only having to adjust a deg or two it runs the fans slower to keep temperature swings to a minimum as that is very bad for wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpaul View Post
    If the fans are too loud and you don't mind the warranty issue I would be willing to help you swap them out with quiet ones. I have done this a lot with computers because I can't stand the noise. I might even have some free ones depending on the size you need.

Regarding the earlier comments on how the thermoelectric work they are active cooling devices. The difference is that they work on a much lower temperature differential than a compressor based unit. This gives them a max cooling ability of about 30 deg max under ambient best case.

Regarding the fan running on high or low they are designed that way on purpose. If it is only having to adjust a deg or two it runs the fans slower to keep temperature swings to a minimum as that is very bad for wine.
    Thanks for the info bro! Ya its not to bad of a noise at all but I had a small 8 bottle cooler that was not as loud so I was thinking this large unit would be about the same.

After having it and letting it stick at 66 degrees (which all depending on what you have in the cooler when leaving at 66 its stay around 68-69 degrees which I think is perfect) and letting the fan slow to a steady pace the noise isn't bad at all... now if the house is really quite in the morning I can hear it easy but when its just during the day and the TV is on or other things are going its no existent.

Thanks for the offer on the fans but I'll just stick with what it has at the moment.... I'm gonna be purchasing a 3 year extended warranty on this thing so I cant make those kind of changes to the system.

I have an Oust fan coming in to help with a little more airflow.

Trays ordered, new hygro, and fan....... Will be updating with some more pics soon.

Here's a few pics I found of the NewAir to reference to when browsing this thread.

Man It stinks being on unemployment atm, so many things i want/need lol. In time i will have a wineador but i think for now it will be a coolador, some KL, small fans and maybe a oasis systemand cheap ceder trays. Falconman515 i really dig what you have done for starting out. Give's someone like me hope.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast