Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by JumboJoseph Man It stinks being on unemployment atm, so many things i want/need lol. In time i ...

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Quote Originally Posted by JumboJoseph View Post
    Man It stinks being on unemployment atm, so many things i want/need lol. In time i will have a wineador but i think for now it will be a coolador, some KL, small fans and maybe a oasis systemand cheap ceder trays. Falconman515 i really dig what you have done for starting out. Give's someone like me hope.
    A Good Coolerdor with some cheap KL and an oust fan or 2 is perfect to start!

If at some point you end with alot of cigars and buy a wine cooler, you can use the coolerdor for all you boxes and what not and make the wine cooler drawers / trays for singles and a few boxes of the good stuff.

Thats basically what I am doing but the other way around.... got the wine cooler first which will be singles etc (since I'm new most of my stuff is singles from samplers, 5 packs and bombs). then once its full of a bunch of singles and at some point a trays or 2 of a couple mazos or so I will get a coolerdor for all the overflow and boxes.

Its not a cheap hobby by any means but a fun one and a tasty one at that.

I wish you luck on your whatever route you take and let em know if I can help in any way.

Thanks for the words. Still keep in mind i do have a humidor rdy to be seasoned, once my boveda packs get here. But i got my wish list already set up on a few website and already am at 140 sticks...... Humi is only 125 count lol. Cna you offer a though ton a good cooler to start me of with?

Quote Originally Posted by JumboJoseph View Post
    Thanks for the words. Still keep in mind i do have a humidor rdy to be seasoned, once my boveda packs get here. But i got my wish list already set up on a few website and already am at 140 sticks...... Humi is only 125 count lol. Cna you offer a though ton a good cooler to start me of with?
    It's on sale right now and a lot of guys use it I have seen.

Coleman Cooler, Marine, 150 Quart - Walmart.com

It has the slots inside the cooler kind of like a wine cooler where you can make some cedar shelves or even have Forrest (wineador) make you custom ones.

Its a huge size for a killer price right now that works Perfect for a coolerdor if you want to go that big to start (Which I suggest in this Hobby cause it can get out of hand quick).

Hope this helped.

PM me if I can help any further.

That would be great, thanks falconman515, think i just order some ceder trays and make my shelves. I will go with Forrest when it comes to a wineador . Think friday i just migh tgo pick this bad boy up with some KL, need Kl anyway for my humidor

FYI on the blue "NewAir" emblem on the front door glass....................

Its not like the earlier NewAirs where its a white sticker basically.... this one is like actually for lack of a better word Painted on the glass.

It just scratches off very easy.... I took my finger nail to a corner edge and it chipped right away.

So just so you the emblem can come off very easy cause most of us don't care for the emblem to be on the front (It covers all the good stuff we wanna see).

I am keeping mine on for the first 30 days (the initial return policy period) in case I run into an issue with the cooler I don't want it to be altered in anyway you know.

I know a lot of guys are looking at these so just another tid bit to know about the cooler.

More to come when the trays arrive this weekend.

Puffer Fish with some spikes chef-zorba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    It's on sale right now and a lot of guys use it I have seen.

Coleman Cooler, Marine, 150 Quart - Walmart.com

It has the slots inside the cooler kind of like a wine cooler where you can make some cedar shelves or even have Forrest (wineador) make you custom ones.

Its a huge size for a killer price right now that works Perfect for a coolerdor if you want to go that big to start (Which I suggest in this Hobby cause it can get out of hand quick).

Hope this helped.

PM me if I can help any further.
    BUY IT!!! Ill be posting a build thread very soon!! $70.00 delivered????

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    FYI on the blue "NewAir" emblem on the front door glass....................

Its not like the earlier NewAirs where its a white sticker basically.... this one is like actually for lack of a better word Painted on the glass.

It just scratches off very easy.... I took my finger nail to a corner edge and it chipped right away.
    Mine was kind of like a vinyl window cling and it came right off. Who knows? Your set up is looking good though! My wife is enjoying the KL in there as it only requires a monthly check up. Once winter hits and the furnace is on at the house, I told her to look weekly. Should have some nicely rested sticks in there by the time I see it again!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Mine was kind of like a vinyl window cling and it came right off. Who knows? Your set up is looking good though! My wife is enjoying the KL in there as it only requires a monthly check up. Once winter hits and the furnace is on at the house, I told her to look weekly. Should have some nicely rested sticks in there by the time I see it again!
    Ohh it looked at bit like a sticker that may leave some gunk behind... but I knew that came off too so thats good. Just wanted to let anyone looking at getting a new one they use this painted on kind of stuff but it seem like it will chip off easy.

some may wonder if this would come off or not... just letting you guys know that it does.

Ya those are gonna be some nice sticks ready and waiting for you when you get back bro! Thats awesome that the better half is taking care of your stash while your away.

Thanks for being over their away from your family and keeping us safe bro... we are all in debt to you and your service!!!

Talk with you soon.

Chris you are starting to inspire me to build some drawers for mine. I just got my first order in and it doesn't fit very efficiently in cigar boxes. I have a small woodshop at my house. Any interest in some DIY building?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpaul View Post
    Chris you are starting to inspire me to build some drawers for mine. I just got my first order in and it doesn't fit very efficiently in cigar boxes. I have a small woodshop at my house. Any interest in some DIY building?
    As far as building drawers and what not I will leave that up to the pros... I thought about getting some shelves made then building on top of them to may basically a drawer/shelf tray (Kind of a drawer) but then I thought why spend the 15 bucks a shelf to to that when I don't need ti just yet and have to buy the expensive Spanish cedar.

I am going to get a full set of 4 drawers, 2 shelves, and 4 KL coffins from Forrest for sure.... but right now cant fully afford it so I just dropped the 50 bucks on 5 more cheaphumidor trays for now (already had 2 in the other cooler for a total of 7). I will move those over to a cooler at a later date when this wine cooler gets filled so they wont go to waste and then hopefully at that time get a full system from Forrest.

Not to great with wood so I leave that to the guys who know what they are doing or just buy some cheap trays like I did.

With 7 trays I can easily fit 300+ smoke throughout the cooler and have plenty of room behind for circulation, KL in the bags on every other level, and a fan or 2.

Thats about where I am at right now.... I am trying to find some cheap drawer pulls to put on the trays for easy handling and a nicer look as well (Lowes has some PERFECT ones that match the handle on the Newairs door but they are on clearance for a buck and were out of stock).

But its coming along and I'm happy with it so far!

I understand where you are coming from and that's totally cool. Forest has some great looking stuff and from what I see his prices are more than fair. My problem is that I have the tools and so I have to make instead of buy to justify having spent the money on the tools.

Don't forget to check out home depot, osh, and fresno ag because they all have different drawer pulls. If you need any help let me know. I would be happy to lend a hand to a fellow BOTL.

Young Fish

Falcon how are you liking your set-up?

I am looking to jump in with a cooler here in the next few days. Looking to get either the NewAir aw280e or the 281e. I have a quote from Forrest so I will def go that route.

Wanted to get some opinions on my possible fan set-up. I was thinking of running 4 80mm coolerguy fans, which would connect to a 4 port fan speed controller, then the controller would connect to an AC to 12v DC power supply with 4 pin molex. Finally, attach the power supply to a timer. I was thinking of positioning the fans on the bottom and towards the back of the wineador, two facing up and two facing towards the front.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by nanilla View Post
    Falcon how are you liking your set-up?

I am looking to jump in with a cooler here in the next few days. Looking to get either the NewAir aw280e or the 281e. I have a quote from Forrest so I will def go that route.

Wanted to get some opinions on my possible fan set-up. I was thinking of running 4 80mm coolerguy fans, which would connect to a 4 port fan speed controller, then the controller would connect to an AC to 12v DC power supply with 4 pin molex. Finally, attach the power supply to a timer. I was thinking of positioning the fans on the bottom and towards the back of the wineador, two facing up and two facing towards the front.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    I wish I can help you when it comes to fans.... the internal fan runs at all times so it gets plenty of circulation at the top to I just went ahead and got an Oust fan for the bottom to push a little bit of the Rh up and around.... I have moved my hygro from the top to the bottom and only seen about a 1% difference in Rh so really I don't think going to far into outfitting a cooler with fans like that in necessary really.

I am pleased with the 280 model ... plus they don't have a 281 on eBay and if your gonna buy from Air N Water eBay is the route to go to save lots of money... plus going through eBay gives you the better and cheaper Squaretrade warranty option.

I dont care for the silver door either to much thats why I didnt go Edgestar (plus it had no external temp control either) or want to get the 281 .... the 281 is the same internal but it has a deeper back with a silver door and shelves (and the shelves dont matter since your going with drawers).

I think you would be pleased no matter what route you go no matter what.

Sure hope you get one soon... be soon to chime in here with your thoughts on your set-up and post a bunch of pics (feel free to piggy back off this thread... its for new BOTL to learn of this option really).

Thanks bro and let me know if I can help any further.

You'll never believe what I found today! A Venotemp VT-12TEDI for $25!! It is not as big as I would like but he has 2 of them for $25 each! I'm going to go buy them Saturday and get started! I'm going to PM Forest tonight to check out prices. I'm beyond excited!

Quote Originally Posted by bwhite220 View Post
    You'll never believe what I found today! A Venotemp VT-12TEDI for $25!! It is not as big as I would like but he has 2 of them for $25 each! I'm going to go buy them Saturday and get started! I'm going to PM Forest tonight to check out prices. I'm beyond excited!
    SCORE !!!!!!!

Forrest can build anything!!!

His prices are $35 for drawers and 15$ for Shelves (your entire order shipped for $15). This includes whatever style shelf and drawer pulls.

So they are 12's huh.... So you can go up to 6 drawers if you want (a 12 is 3 levels correct?

Or one with 3 drawers for singles and the other for boxes!

Make sure we get some pictures bro... Post them in the "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" thread I started.

Nice find bro!!!

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast