Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by bwhite220 You'll never believe what I found today! A Venotemp VT-12TEDI for $25!! It is not as ...

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Quote Originally Posted by bwhite220 View Post
    You'll never believe what I found today! A Venotemp VT-12TEDI for $25!! It is not as big as I would like but he has 2 of them for $25 each! I'm going to go buy them Saturday and get started! I'm going to PM Forest tonight to check out prices. I'm beyond excited!
    Congrats on the score man. Check out my "$12 Vinotemp" thread. These thing are prone to breaking but luckily are easy and cheap to fix.

This is just the thread I've been waiting for. I hope to do a build of my own around xmas. I to will be going with the NewAir as I don't like the silver look of the other wine coolers.
    I will be following this thread to see how your unit holds up and if there is any troubles with the NewAir.
    Many thanks for the pictures that you guys are posting also. It gives us thinking of doing a build just how it will look finished.

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie G. View Post
    This is just the thread I've been waiting for. I hope to do a build of my own around xmas. I to will be going with the NewAir as I don't like the silver look of the other wine coolers.
    I will be following this thread to see how your unit holds up and if there is any troubles with the NewAir.
    Many thanks for the pictures that you guys are posting also. It gives us thinking of doing a build just how it will look finished.
    This is the reason I take time to write so much info and take pictures of the progress and bring in pics of other NewAirs as well!

Just this reply makes this whole thing worth it.

Helping out a single BOTL or many is well worth my time and effort.

Glad I can help.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bwhite220 View Post
    You'll never believe what I found today! A Venotemp VT-12TEDI for $25!! It is not as big as I would like but he has 2 of them for $25 each! I'm going to go buy them Saturday and get started! I'm going to PM Forest tonight to check out prices. I'm beyond excited!
    Awesome Brandon...that is a SCORE!

Can't wait to see pics in the "photo" thread for wineadors!!!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Puffer Fish with some spikes Bravo_Kilo's Avatar

First post here, but figured I'd add to this thread since it inspired me to order a NewAir AW-280. I ordered direct from Air & Water Inc's website, and saved 12% by using the coupon code, COUPONSWINE12. That put me at $182.47 with shipping. Hope this saves someone a few bucks. Looking forward to getting it, and ordering some of Forrest's beautiful drawers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo_Kilo View Post
    First post here, but figured I'd add to this thread since it inspired me to order a NewAir AW-280. I ordered direct from Air & Water Inc's website, and saved 12% by using the coupon code, COUPONSWINE12. That put me at $182.47 with shipping. Hope this saves someone a few bucks. Looking forward to getting it, and ordering some of Forrest's beautiful drawers.
    NICE !!! Be Sure to post your pics and piggy back on this thread.

Still a good price with the coupon code online... eBay is your cheapest at $175 but those who dont use P@yP@l possibly and want to get it from their direct site this is the way to go.

It inspired me to order a NewAir AW-280
    This is why I did this thread ... Its a great price for a quality cooler and in my opinion the best looking cooler on the market.

Glad to see this thread has helped out so much.

Let me know if I can help anyone further?

Puffer Fish with some spikes Bravo_Kilo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    NICE !!! Be Sure to post your pics and piggy back on this thread.

Still a good price with the coupon code online... eBay is your cheapest at $175 but those who dont use P@yP@l possibly and want to get it from their direct site this is the way to go.

This is why I did this thread ... Its a great price for a quality cooler and in my opinion the best looking cooler on the market.

Glad to see this thread has helped out so much.

Let me know if I can help anyone further?
    I would've went the eBay route, but when I looked, I didn't see a single AW-280. Although I was searching with the eBay app on my iPad, so I may have missed it. I saw a 21 bottle cooler listed for $155, but no 28s. That prompted me to start searching for Air & Water coupon codes, and since I found one that worked, I figured what the heck, and placed my order.

I'll post a few pics of my progress. Thanks for starting this thread, falconman! I've been stewing on what cooler to go with for months.

I would've went the eBay route, but when I looked, I didn't see a single AW-280. Although I was searching with the eBay app on my iPad, so I may have missed it. I saw a 21 bottle cooler listed for $155, but no 28s. That prompted me to start searching for Air & Water coupon codes, and since I found one that worked, I figured what the heck, and placed my order.

I'll post a few pics of my progress. Thanks for starting this thread, falconman! I've been stewing on what cooler to go with for months.
    Gotcha.... ya they sold out once while I was looking at it on eBay and then re-listed a few days later.... they may have sold out on their eBay and just haven't re-listed it yet..... but that's basically the same price you got on their site any so way to go on finding that coupon code.

Glad I could help bro, let me know if I can help any further once it arrives.

A couple more pics on the progress ......

Found some drawer pull handles on clearance at Lowes for $1.09 a piece on bought 7 of them for all the cheaphumidor trays I ordered ( I have 3 right now the other 4 will be here Tuesday).

This is the picture of the handles I found and what they look like on the tray.

I was trying to find a handle that when you saw it on the tray through the glass it closely resembled the brushed nickel color of the front door handle on the NewAir.

For the price these turned out looking great I think and adds a little bit of class to the initial cheaphumidor trays in the mean time till I get a true drawer system down the road from Forrest.

Once the rest of the drawers come In I will be mounting all the handles and I will get a picture of what all 7 shelves look like filled with trays and handles on each and 2 Caliber III hygros mounted at the top and bottom on the front left of each tray.

Hope this helps out someone looking to maybe to go the cheap tray route to start and how to make it look a little better.

Ok I took my 2 existing trays I already had that were in the cooler and got the handles installed on both of those.... also the Oust fan came in today and I got that sitting on the bottom pointing up to move humidity around from the bottom.

Once I get all the trays in the bags of KL will be laying on the back of the metal shelves horizontally on the bottom and top also top shelve and 2 in between (I will take a pic of where these are located next week when all the trays come in and I move everything around). The small bag kinda handing on the rack is where the fan is .... This will be a different bag when I get all the KL placed in the right spot but I will make sure I leave a dry bag of KL here to capture the moisture coming from the fan ( I read somewhere this is good to do when the fan runs at all times so the cold moisture air isn't hitting directly on the cigars).

The fan may move to the first shelf as well (I'm gonna mount it to the bottom the of the first wire rack somehow.

Also as you can see I took apart the Oust fan and took some heavy scissors to the front part of the fan and cut out the plastic to open it up for more air to move from the fan into the open (when the front part is on it really restricts the airflow coming from the fan).

I have a blurry pic of the electrical tape on the drain as well... I don't get hardly any condensation and with the electrical tape I lose no humidity as my hygro stays perfectly all depending on what location of the cooler from 62-67% Rh !!!

I will be getting the other 4 trays in the mail Tuesday and will need a few days to season them in another igloo cooler I have before I put them in the wineador (I may mount the handles and slide them in the cooler to take a pic of what it looks like with all trays in there in case you may be thinking of sticking with trays to start off with).

Let me know if you have any questions on my progress thus far.

Thanks for watching my build and I hope this out some other BOTL.

Chris, the wineador is looking better and better with each improvement you make! Good job.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Chris, the wineador is looking better and better with each improvement you make! Good job.
    Thanks so much brother!!!

Wish I could get a full drawer / shelving system but this will have to do for now.

Plus I hope this thread helps for guys looking at this model and maybe wanting to put together a cost effective wineador!

Its fun keeping track of the progress and I'm glad I can give back to the site thats given me so much and made me so friggin broke now a days!!! LOL

Those handles look really nice, and for a buck look even better. Just one suggestion though. I don't think electrical tape is going to hold up over time. What I used was some hot melt glue. It covers the hole and it insulates at the same time. If you need to remove it later all you need is some alcohol and a q tip and it will pop right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpaul View Post
    Those handles look really nice, and for a buck look even better. Just one suggestion though. I don't think electrical tape is going to hold up over time. What I used was some hot melt glue. It covers the hole and it insulates at the same time. If you need to remove it later all you need is some alcohol and a q tip and it will pop right off.
    Thanks for the tip ... I figured I would need to do something different at some point but didn't want to do anything drastic to the unit cause the extended warranty may not kick in if I do anything major to the unit.

I will get with you at some point and get more details on how you did this and exactly what products you used.

thanks again for some further info and ideas.

I will post It here so you can add it to your collective

Hot melt glue 101

Hot melt is just a plastic that melts at a fairly low temperature. It is used a lot in arts and crafts. The gun you use can be had for a couple of dollars at any craft or sewing store. To use the gun you plug it in, shove the plastic stick in the back of it, wait for it to heat up, and pull the trigger to make it come out the front (that's what she said) It re-solidifies in a few seconds. The glue is not really glue it is just plastic.

To remove from a smooth surface you can often just pop it off with a little pressure or take a q-tip dipped in alcohol and rub around the base of the glue. It will loosen the joint and you can pop it off with no damage or junk left behind. It is very friendly stuff.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast