Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by Johnpaul I will post It here so you can add it to your collective Hot melt glue ...

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpaul View Post
    I will post It here so you can add it to your collective

Hot melt glue 101

Hot melt is just a plastic that melts at a fairly low temperature. It is used a lot in arts and crafts. The gun you use can be had for a couple of dollars at any craft or sewing store. To use the gun you plug it in, shove the plastic stick in the back of it, wait for it to heat up, and pull the trigger to make it come out the front (that's what she said) It re-solidifies in a few seconds. The glue is not really glue it is just plastic.

To remove from a smooth surface you can often just pop it off with a little pressure or take a q-tip dipped in alcohol and rub around the base of the glue. It will loosen the joint and you can pop it off with no damage or junk left behind. It is very friendly stuff.
    Sounds like a perfect idea.... something that I can do that wont leave behind any marks or damage to the unit.

I will have to pick this up next time I'm at the store.

Thanks for the info bro.

Young Puffer Fish

Looks great! I'm working on a 32 ct. Haier right now, although I am building my own drawers. We'll see how that works out... I might be getting in touch with Forrest soon!

My main problem is that I am spending way more on cigars to fill my wineador than I planned, so building shelves has taken a backseat. Unfortunately, I'm running out of room, so drawers soon!

I'll be sure to post pics as I go, and probably ask for boatloads of help along the way. You seem to really know what you're doing. Keep up the good work, and happy smoking!

Quote Originally Posted by bradfordcharles View Post
    I'll be sure to post pics as I go, and probably ask for boatloads of help along the way. You seem to really know what you're doing. Keep up the good work, and happy smoking!
    I look forward to the pics and I would be happy to help any way I can!

The remaining 4 trays arrived today!!!

I have drilled the holes for the handles and they are sitting in the igloo cooler with a few sponges of DW to season for a few days.

Once seasoned I will put on the handles and place everything in the cooler and take a semi-final picture of the cooler.

It's coming along.... At least now with these new trays I don't have to worry try to fit my stash into just 2 trays.

It's coming along!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Chris, how many trays total do you think you can fit in the NewAir?

Edit: I know that I can review other photos to get a good idea, but I have no idea what trays people used. Chris is apparently getting the same ones that I put in my coolers.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Chris, how many trays total do you think you can fit in the NewAir?

Edit: I know that I can review other photos to get a good idea, but I have no idea what trays people used. Chris is apparently getting the same ones that I put in my coolers.
    Well I am using the metal racks that comes with the cooler to sit the cedar trays on top of so I will be putting in 7 total trays.

Now if you wanted to remove the wire shelving and stack em up in there you could go I'm sure about 9-10 total (more like 9 but maybe 10).

I didn't want to stack em up cause if I had to get to some stick on the bottom I would hate taking the whole thing out to get to the bottom trays.
    Plus with the wire shelves in there I have something to lay my media bags of KL on top of from the top to the bottom behind the trays. I will also be mounting the Oust fan to the bottom sire shelf pointing up as well.

Its looking good so far I'm just glad to know have all the extra trays for more sticks ... Those 2 trays weren't cutting it anymore ... And I've got an order of almost 50 sticks coming in this Thursday and next Thursday (once this weeks auction lot closes) so I need more space.

Thanks for watching guys and I hope this thread is helping get some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    Well I am using the metal racks that comes with the cooler to sit the cedar trays on top of so I will be putting in 7 total trays.
    Could you do me a favor? It doesn't look like it from your pictures, but if you removed a wire rack, could you stack three trays in the empty space?

I'm convinced that one of these isn't big enough for my singles, but I'm also convinced that I want to buy one! What I'm looking for is to see if it's possible to use it with this setup: keep the bottom open for beads/fans then have a wire rack with three trays, another wire rack with three more trays, and then possibly one more rack with three trays.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Could you do me a favor? It doesn't look like it from your pictures, but if you removed a wire rack, could you stack three trays in the empty space?

I'm convinced that one of these isn't big enough for my singles, but I'm also convinced that I want to buy one! What I'm looking for is to see if it's possible to use it with this setup: keep the bottom open for beads/fans then have a wire rack with three trays, another wire rack with three more trays, and then possibly one more rack with three trays.
    I will for sure try and figure this out for you! At the moment I have my 4 trays seasoning in the igloo cooler and I don't want to get into and let out the Rh building up in there with all the sponges and DW.... Once they are ready to be put in the cooler in a couple days I will get my pictures up of what it looks like plus figure out if your above stated configuration will work.

I don't think you can get all 9 trays with 3 racks in ... The reason being is on these NewAirs the slots on the side walls in the plastic are spaced apart twice as much as other brands like Vino and Edgestar. If you see those units the rack slides are spaced apart half as much and have twice the amount of open sections.

If this was the case it may works somehow ... but what will happen is you will place rack in with 2 trays then there wont be enough room for the third tray after the next wire shelf goes in.

If that makes sense... but looking at it and doing a quick eyball measurement that may be the case.

I will find out more once I get the trays seasoned and start moving stuff around and putting everything in its final spot.

Scotch & Cigars

Nice build so far one day I'll organize the stash.

.................................................. ..................

Watcha Think ??? I kinda like this look !!!

Well done bro!!
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Puffer Fish with some spikes jordanwimb's Avatar

I like it, mang!

Nice work!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Bravo_Kilo's Avatar

Looking good! I got my NewAir yesterday - still working on getting rid of the plastic smell.

Young Fish

i just hope my build come out as nice as this one great job falconman!!!! looks amazing!

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast