Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Dig it!...

Puffer Fish with some spikes jp13's Avatar

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Dig it!
    It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.

Looks Great Chris!!!!

Who lives on Drury Lane The Muffin Man's Avatar

Chris, as I said before and I'll say it again... its looking beautiful. Your build is what I'm currently modeling my build (in the very near future) after.

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Thanks so much for the kudos guys!!!

I have the media bags with KL, Fan etc. behind all the trays... I will update with all the trays pulled out and how I positioned the KL, bags and fans behind everything.

I have the two Caliber III's on the front of the trays as you can see one at top and one at bottom to get a better gauge on how the Rh is moving around the unit.

Pretty happy with the build thus far and I like having the extra space for future purchases.

My trading will be slowing down due to recent events but I look forward to exploring other avenues of trade to keep the cigars moving.

Thanks again for the kind words and I hope this is helping out some of you BOTL in your builds as well.

I will update with some further pictures once i have all the materials where I want them and how I want them configured.

Here's some pics of whats going on behind the trays at the moment as far as humidity and air products.

I have 2 large 4x12 bags of KL toward the bottom (bottom one is pretty moist with DW, the second big one is lightly sprayed throughout the outer gab on the surface) and 2 3x8 bags in the top middle and top (the middle one is very lightly sprayed ato keep some Rh up top and to also sit in front of the fan and capture some of the cold air moisture coming off the fan at all times, and the top bag is dry... this will pull some of the Rh up doing this from what I have read). At the moment there is about a 3% difference from the bottom and top Caliber III hygros.

The Oust fan lays Perfectly in the rounded groove of the rack and has a slight angle pointed outward up which is Perfect! I may buy another to put on the same shelf to point up to the right (and stagger the on off cycle of the two fans so one is pulling while the other is off for more airflow more of the time). I thought I was going to have to maybe zip tie this to hold and point where I want but it lays there exactly how I wanted it too.

I have some ties on the back rack so there is more support in the middle of the media bags (not sure if you can see the black ties in the middle left and right back of the wire shelf holding up more of the bag).

And of course the electric tape on the drain that is working like a charm so far and is not letting any Rh out and there is pretty much NO condensation coming off the unit (which is good considering its over 100 here and around 80 where the cooler is). I got advice from another local BOTL to use craft glue as it wont stick and ruin the plastic or pipe and can be peeled of easy (may need a little swab of alcohol to help remove if needed).

I am getting a large order form CBID next week so when the trays are pretty full I will pull out and stagger the trays and take a almost final pic of the goods inside.

Thanks again for subscribing to my thread and I hope this helps your future build.

Young Fish

So I have just about everything I need to finish up my edgestar build, and I wanted to share where I am at, and add to this already great thread. Thanks everyone for "convincing" me this was necessary.

The wine cooler is the 28 bottle capacity NewAir Aw281. I really liked the look of this fridge, that was my main reason for picking it over the 280. I have not finished airing it out yet, I am letting it run now then will use baking soda and vinegar and wash it out, then let it air dry.

For my fan set-up I got 3 Ecomaster T.B Silence Fans (these are incredibly quite), each has a 3 pin molex connector. I then got a fan speed controller with four ports that uses the same 3 pin connector in and 4 pin molex out. Next, I got AC to DC power supply with 4 pin molex to connect to the fan speed controller. Finally I purchased an outlet timer. I did need to enlarge the reservoir hole a bit to be able to fit the 3 pin connectors from the fan through.

I am going to place all three fans on the bottom and back of the cooler. Two facing forward and one facing up.

I also Purchased 2.5 pounds of ConservaGel beads, and got the bags for the beads from Petsmart as suggested by Chris.

I also have two hygros that will go on the Drawers from Forrest, that will hopefully have in the next week or two. I ordered 4 double drawers and three shelves (one at the very bottom).

I will post up more pictures when the drawers get here and its all done.

^^^ VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^

Love that you are sharing some different options on how to go about using fans, timers, and temp controls.

I have held of from using any of this yet but maybe at some point I may do this as well.

Very nice and please feel free to post more pics and ideas here as well.

NICE!!
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Bravo_Kilo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanilla View Post
    So I have just about everything I need to finish up my edgestar build, and I wanted to share where I am at, and add to this already great thread. Thanks everyone for "convincing" me this was necessary.

The wine cooler is the 28 bottle capacity NewAir Aw281. I really liked the look of this fridge, that was my main reason for picking it over the 280. I have not finished airing it out yet, I am letting it run now then will use baking soda and vinegar and wash it out, then let it air dry.

For my fan set-up I got 3 Ecomaster T.B Silence Fans (these are incredibly quite), each has a 3 pin molex connector. I then got a fan speed controller with four ports that uses the same 3 pin connector in and 4 pin molex out. Next, I got AC to DC power supply with 4 pin molex to connect to the fan speed controller. Finally I purchased an outlet timer. I did need to enlarge the reservoir hole a bit to be able to fit the 3 pin connectors from the fan through.

I am going to place all three fans on the bottom and back of the cooler. Two facing forward and one facing up.

I also Purchased 2.5 pounds of ConservaGel beads, and got the bags for the beads from Petsmart as suggested by Chris.

I also have two hygros that will go on the Drawers from Forrest, that will hopefully have in the next week or two. I ordered 4 double drawers and three shelves (one at the very bottom).

I will post up more pictures when the drawers get here and its all done.
    Very sweet fan setup!! If I decide I need to run fans, I will definitely be going this route. Thanks for sharing.

Looking good Chris! I might be able to convince the wife on getting a couple more NewAirs... another one for cigars and one for wine! We'll see. I wasn't sure if I'd like the look of the drawers on the shelves, but it works. Good job brother.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Looking good Chris! I might be able to convince the wife on getting a couple more NewAirs... another one for cigars and one for wine! We'll see. I wasn't sure if I'd like the look of the drawers on the shelves, but it works. Good job brother.
    Thanks bro!

Ya I wasn't sure either but for the price I figured I would give it a shot.

Plus I haven't bought a single box of cigars so I wanted to have nothing but space for singles and I was only gonna be able to afford maybe 3-4 drawers.

So I figured well let fill this thing up with SC trays for singles and get 7 complete trays.

Then I saw a picture with a guy that did this and put handles on them (which by the way isn't just for looks... they are easier to handle and take in out). and I thought that made it look even nicer.

So ya I'm pretty pleased so far.

And it turned out to be a bad idea cause In the last week I have Bid on and Won about 15 auctions for about 70+ cigars (mostly a grip load of 5ers to try and also have a bit more quality stock for better bombs and PIF's). That's what happens when you make yourself more space I guess.

What a slippery slope it it!

Maturing Puffer Fish lord sevein's Avatar

I really like the look of this unit and am seriously considering doing a similar build in the near future. Thanks Chris for keeping this tread up to date as I'll probably use it as a guide if I decide on this model.
    Check out my new cigar blog: www.datash.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by lord sevein View Post
    I really like the look of this unit and am seriously considering doing a similar build in the near future. Thanks Chris for keeping this tread up to date as I'll probably use it as a guide if I decide on this model.
    This right here was the sole purpose for me doing this thread and putting some time, detail and pictures in it.

If you need Any help whatsoever on your future build or have any further questions prior I would be more than happy to help out in any way I can.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad this thread has helped.

No new updates as of yet on the cooler.

It's holding Rh perfect at all times at the top and bottom of cooler around 74-77% Rh.

I have decided to not run fans as the Rh is holding fine throughout the unit and the oust fan is helping move air around and I'm sure the built in fan that runs constantly is helping as well.

I think I may get 1 more oust to lay at the bottom next to the other soon to just help out a little more.

The electrical tape is working fine sealing off the drain hole and there is basically zero condensation built up at any time looks like. I will still be hitting up John and looking to hot glue it closed at some point in time (look back in this thread for details).

Other than that I have spent most of my money on sticks from CBID to try and fill up the trays a bit more.

Let me know if I can help out any further with your own build.

If any further changes are made I will be sure to take pics of those changes and post.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Bravo_Kilo's Avatar

My NewAir is up and running now. It's holding a perfect 70F and 65-67% RH. It's not pretty yet because I'm still waiting on my drawers from Forrest (Wineador), but so far, I'm extremely pleased with this setup.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast