Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

This is a discussion on falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build! within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I just placed my order for my new NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wine Cooler to turn into my new Windeador!!! ...

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Talking falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

I just placed my order for my new NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wine Cooler to turn into my new Windeador!!!

There are many threads with builds dedicated to Vino and Edgestar but nothing that I could find on the NewAir thats very detailed. Since this unit is being talked about and is going for such a great price I thought for us new guys interested in getting into a wineador this thread would help if anyone is thinking of purchasing this specific unit.

I got this unit from Air and Water (seems to be a very reputable company and has great customer service) on their eBay website for $175.22 (They are located in California so if you live in CA. add $13.58 for tax) with Free Shipping!

Here is a link to their direct website and also to their eBay store online:
    AW-280E NewAir 28 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler With Touch Screen and LED Light
    AIR and WATER items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Once this unit arrives I will journal my progress with updates and pictures. I will be using certain items in this unit as far as humidity control, air flow, temp and Rh gauging, drawers / shelves and etc. and will be specifying what I use, where its purchased from and the price it was bought for.

I hope this thread helps others in assisting them with their NewAir 28 build as well.

There are few members that have a NewAir 28 unit here on Puff and I urge them to please come in on this thread and post pictures and suggestions as well throughout this threads progress.

I look forward to updating this thread with pictures and progress and please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Chris (falconman515)

Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Thats Ausome, I dont have a wineador or any type but i look forward to watching your progress!
    Insert Verb of Choice: _______ Naked!

Puffer Fish with some spikes chef-zorba's Avatar

I'll be watching closely! This might push me over to the New Air side

Chris...

Yeah, I'm a bum and didn't post any of the pics of mine when I built it while I was home. I did take some pictures however and once I get back to a normal schedule or routine I will post some pics.

I did spent a good amount of time on Puff while I was home, but I didn't want to spend all of it! So pictures will follow soon.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Casey Jones's Avatar

Just got all my drawers for my newair too. I'll post my pics tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Chris...

Yeah, I'm a bum and didn't post any of the pics of mine when I built it while I was home. I did take some pictures however and once I get back to a normal schedule or routine I will post some pics.

I did spent a good amount of time on Puff while I was home, but I didn't want to spend all of it! So pictures will follow soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jones View Post
    Just got all my drawers for my newair too. I'll post my pics tonight or tomorrow.
    Looking forward to seeing all the pics brothers!

Thanks for contributing to my thread.

BOTL

Any thoughts on your fan setup if any? I'm still trying to figure mine out.

I've been using my tiny 6 bottle winador for two months or so and I love it. Had to plug it back in again because of all the recent bombing activity.

Quote Originally Posted by malibubts View Post
    Any thoughts on your fan setup if any? I'm still trying to figure mine out.
    I'm gonna run 1 or 2 Oust fans for the time being.

http://www.shopcrownhouse.com/produc...scjoh15953.htm

List of basic items I currently have and also a few that I ordered to go in the the new Wineador!

The 2 Caliber III Digital Hygrometer / Thermometer Qty.2 purchased from eBay for $18.50:

The ExquisiCat KL for humidification from Petsmart for $13.99:

The few Filter Media Bags for the KL from Petsmart for 99 cents a bag:

And 2 of the Oust fans for air flow purchased from shopcrownhouse.com for $9.99:

These are just the basics so far but the main items needed (aside from the drawers and shelves that I have to save for).

Let me know if I can help with any questions you may have about these items.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Great job so far Chris...good to see you've got a good deal and are moving forward!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Stop tempting me with these wineador build threads!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Great thread i don't run a winedor but love to follow these builds!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

So a couple of you here already know that my NewAir build is complete. With the encouragement of the thread "owner" I will put up several pics to get things going and then open it up for questions.

Without further delay...
    An overall shot...(door was opened to reduce glare)

From the bottom up...(with some notes)

A dollar store tupperware container, Petco media bag, and Petco unscented KL crystals( $1, $1, $18/8lbs)

Business part of the shelf w/ false bottom...

Yes that is the adhesive strip from a small flat rate box

Next are two shelves that mount in just below the fan, contents are self-explanatory...

Then there is a series of shelves working up to the top...

The media bag on this shelf is also charged due to the proximity of the fan. I also choose to keep my coffins here due to the increased airflow. I noticed very little fluctuation in rH from top to bottom in the unit mostly due to proper seasoning of the shelves and already having done a good amount of trial and error with KL! (Thanks Tony!)

Last is the top shelf... Not the best, but its my top shelf!!!

The odd looking instrument on the top shelf is a travel soap dish with several holes drilled in it. It is filled with uncharged kitty litter to help catch the excess moisture that travels up in the unit. I have found this to be very successful in helping regulate humidity at the top of the unit. So far there hasn't been a need for a fan, with the location of the drain in this model, I think it would be difficult to wire one through the drain, however a battery operated system like what you're thinking should work if you are concerned. Or if you are very saavy with electronics possibly wire in the fans to work in conjunction with the LED lighting (which I find to be very dim). Not a deal breaker for me though.

Please feel free to throw me some questions or what nots. It looks like you are right on track with what you'll need to get it set up. BTW the Hygrosets were calibrated using a 69% Boveda pouch instead of a calibration kit (I got a bit rushed on that part and would rather buy one from the B&M than wait 3 days to calibrate). The Accurite model was calibrated in the same pouch and registered -2% so it is a pretty decent model for $7.00 and a trip to Wallyworld.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Thanks SO much for coming in on this thread with friggin awesome pictures and further notes and suggestions.

This thread isn't just to show my new build its to help out all future BOTL with a NewAir build as well and to show the possibilities and what can be done even if they go with another brand cooler.

Please feel free to share this thread with me and help out in any way you would like.

I welcome all partners on this thread... and the more pics, comments and suggestions the better.

Thanks Thom for helping out and once again welcome home brother glad to have have you back on US soil and enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast