Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread within the Cigar Accessory Discussion forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by Merovius Awesome wineadors guys. Im pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these and was ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Re: The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
    Awesome wineadors guys. Im pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these and was looking at the New Air 280E. But Im curious as to how airtight they are. I understand that it has a small drain at the bottom, what do you guys do to plug that up? Also, is an active humidifier a good idea or will a few pounds of Heartfelt beads work well?

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipMo View Post
    I read somewhere that you dont have to plug/tape up the drainage hole and it will work fine. I havent plugged or taped up the hole in my wineador and havent had any issues yet *knock on wood*, but then again I've only had my wineador for a month now and its holding steady at 65% RH (give or take a couple of degrees). If come Spring/Summer theres a drastic change in the RH or Temp, I'll tape up the drainage hole and see if that does anything, but right now I dont see the need to cover up the drainage hole.
    My drain isnt plugged. Instead I have a small nylon stocking with a few ounces of 70% xikar crystals taped into the condensate basin with gorilla tape. The idea is for the 70% crystals to catch any condensate and release it right back out as the real humidification media is 2 lbs of HF beads. Im using the drain hole for a wiring chase to feed the circulating fan in the bottom. You dont need an active humidifier....well except in extreme circumstances. I have seen a few having issues keeping their RH up because the TEC is running all the time due to high temp differential. They all have high ambients where they are storing, like 85-90F and the TEC cant cover the spread effciently. So long as you are <15F from the target, more desirably <10F you wont have that issue.

Here is mine
    The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

ZS Reserve Officer

Wineador has been a solid 66% humidity for a long while now with (2lbs) Heartfelt in the tray I had Forrest make and two 8oz bags HCM beads (top and middle drawer). I don't have a circulating humidity system in place yet, but from the measurements I am taking at different levels, there doesn't appear to be a huge need for one yet... I might need to only run it once or twice a day for a few minutes when I finally do build one. Also, no lighting installed yet. I'm taking turns between this and outfitting my very large new safe with goodies.

Here's a picture of the stash as it stands. I still need more to fill it up though.

Shelf:

The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread-20140215_133120.jpg

First drawer:

The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread-20140215_133135.jpg

Second drawer:

The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread-20140215_133145.jpg

Third drawer:

The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread-20140215_133154.jpg

Fourth drawer:

The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread-20140215_133213.jpg

Fifth drawer:

The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread-20140215_133226.jpg

@elricfate

As you stated already, FILL ER UP!
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Puffer Fish with some spikes Sixspeedsam's Avatar

I pulled the old I ruined my cheap humidor with aquarium sealant trick with the wife last night. She shocked me by asking how much one of those damn wine humidor thing a ma jiggies I keep harping on about cost. I told her with a desperate look in my eyes. She blinked. Said yes. I thanked the man upstairs for bringing this woman into my life.

Now I'm on the hunt, and come to find out Newair makes an OEM Winador. Seems like I could hunt around and build one myself piece by piece, or try and find one of those in stock. Assuming it's the same thing? Read the shelves are made by Forrest... and I'm guessing I could always buy an extra drawer if needed? Damn slippery slope.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Sixspeedsam's Avatar

Oops double post

Maturing Puffer Fish hott wheellzz's Avatar

Here is what I got so far. Hopefully one day I can get this thing full with some good sticks, but I guess its not such a bad stash for being a full time student! I have the sticks I like in the boxes, I've got my ligas on the top right behind the the blurred box and a couple others I like in the AF box. The singles on the bottom are the bargain sticks I have to give my college friends eho who want to smoke but don't really even like cigars

Plus the random thompson eperador stick on. The bottom for fun
    The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread-2014-02-19-18.55.04.jpg
    The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread-2014-02-19-18.52.27.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hott wheellzz View Post
    Here is what I got so far. Hopefully one day I can get this thing full with some good sticks, but I guess its not such a bad stash for being a full time student! I have the sticks I like in the boxes, I've got my ligas on the top right behind the the blurred box and a couple others I like in the AF box. The singles on the bottom are the bargain sticks I have to give my college friends eho who want to smoke but don't really even like cigars

Plus the random thompson eperador stick on. The bottom for fun
    I would say if those blurred boxes are full, then that's not too bad my friend. lol. Everyone has their own level of 'awesome'

Hell even if they're not full and have other cigars in them it is still a solid stash.
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Maturing Puffer Fish hott wheellzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ejewell View Post
    I would say if those blurred boxes are full, then that's not too bad my friend. lol. Everyone has their own level of 'awesome'

Hell even if they're not full and have other cigars in them it is still a solid stash.
    Yeah I guess its not too bad, the 50 cab is full and two of the others are still full to. But im trying to let them age, it's hard to look at them everyday and not smoke em.

I think if I end up getting some drawers it will make it seem a little more full
    Christmas cigars - OLH

Puffer Fish with some spikes

i have never heard of these until join this site, I have to look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddevildog View Post
    i have never heard of these until join this site, I have to look into this.
    Do it! Don't think about it... just do it. You'll be glad you did. I'm so glad I did. Couldn't be any happier with my Whynter 28 wineador build

Central Cali Cigar Crew falconman515's Avatar

Well I started this thread and realized all mine got removed since I was using ImageShack and they are all gone since it's a paid site now.

Got a couple of the old pics posted on a different picture hosting website and wanted to throw them back up again!

It's not ANYWHERE near as full as it was before AT ALL ... but still looks good as long as you don't open it and see all the empty trays

Here she is ...........

Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    Well I started this thread and realized all mine got removed since I was using ImageShack and they are all gone since it's a paid site now.

Got a couple of the old pics posted on a different picture hosting website and wanted to throw them back up again!

It's not ANYWHERE near as full as it was before AT ALL ... but still looks good as long as you don't open it and see all the empty trays

Here she is ...........

She's a beaut! I don't think I've see one with 7-drawers before, what are you using for humidity and where is it in your set-up?

Quote Originally Posted by MDSPHOTO View Post
    She's a beaut! I don't think I've see one with 7-drawers before, what are you using for humidity and where is it in your set-up?
    I am using plastic trays in the back on 3 of the shelves (bottom, middle and top) ... each tray is holding a large back of KL. I think most of the pics in this thread still work ... you can see this in the first few pages of my Build Thread Here .... falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

I have never had RH issues for a few years no but all the sudden this year I can't keep the RH above 60 right now for some reason .. makes no sense. I re-closed the drip hold as well and now I am getting WAY more condensation then I have ever got before ... it's weird.

May have to look at running that condensation into one of the KL trays now since it's starting to pool up on the bottom of my cooler .... crazy how I have ran it like this for a few years no but all the sudden this year it is condensating Tons and also not holding humidity very well.

But anyway that's what I am using and it has worked like a dream for years now .... I will update if I get this current RH and drip issue all worked out.

Here is mine, 65% beads and this baby is rock solid for my liking.

Sensor 4 is in a empty humidor, not in this wineador.

The small sealed box on top of the Pigs are A's

Oh yeah.....

Very pretty....

My favorite drawer.......

The keeper of everything......

VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Those Liga Drawers make me miss all of mine!

Excellent set-up and stash brother

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast